Undead Hunter Pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ognian
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Undead Hunter Pets

Unread post by Ognian »

Hi all,

I plan on keeping my pet stable somewhat thematic. I've started with Bayne, and my next pet will likely be a diseased bear. I want to try to keep the theme on pets that would feel some affinity to befriend an undead hunter, over a "live" one.

Any thoughts or comments would be much appreciated, as I am rather new to both the site, and hunters :)

thanks all!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Undead Hunter Pets

Unread post by Kurasu »

Well, let's see. There's a number of diseased bears. There's also the undead hawks (you can get one at a fairly low level from the EPL quests), and a diseased wolf. For less diseased sorts, there's several 'ghostly' looking pets, including the Ghost Sabre, which though a bit of a trek, can be gotten at a fairly low level. Bats are a natural thought for an undead hunter to me. Later on, when you're higher level, maybe get a corpse worm. Spiders could potentially be a good choice as well.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Undead eagles you get from a quest in Plaguelands being the ealiest location, diseased wolves in Silverpine too :)
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Ognian

Unread post by Ognian »

The eagle is definitely on my list! I probably will hold off on a wolf till I am higher level, and need a good group dps pet.

Don't suppose there's any undead or undead-looking turtles?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

http://wow-petopia.com/family/turtle.html

Nope.

I think a carrion bird would look good with a undead hunter.

http://wow-petopia.com/family/carrionbird.html

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The white turtle could qualify, in my opinion. Pale with red eyes. There's even some in Ghostlands called Plagued Snappers I believe.
Ognian

Unread post by Ognian »

That could work.....it wouldn't be the giant rotting turtle of my dreams, but it would work.

The pics on the pet pages don't always do them justice, and I had skipped over the white one while looking!

edit: I decided to make the white turtle my next pet,so running there now since it's easy to get at my level. I will wait to get the white diseased bear when I hit Northrend :)
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Ohh I like this idea! Might steal from you for my next hunter >_>
Ognian

Unread post by Ognian »

The white turtle looks perfect. The "Plagued" in the name is justification enough, if anyone gets technical with me lol
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Have you checked out the plagued piggies?

The bone spiders look pretty Forsaken-ish, with their bone legs and cobwebs.

These aren't rotten (grey hyena), but I ran around with one the other day and thought it would look neat next to an Undead.

And of course the diseased wolves, bears and undead eagles are a given. :)
Last edited by Kalhoun on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Theres allways the plagued dogs. The Mobs that used to be demon critters
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:http://wow-petopia.com/family/turtle.html

Nope.

I think a carrion bird would look good with a undead hunter.

http://wow-petopia.com/family/carrionbird.html
I especially think the gray/blue carrion bird would look nice. It's got red eyes and the colors just seem so dreary and drab (but in a pretty way!).

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Ognian

Unread post by Ognian »

I agree many of these would look awesome, but I am trying to go by more than looks alone. I am trying to maintain the theme of beasts that would "prefer" to work with an undead. Not a hardcore RP'er, but that was a central concept when I made the character :)

Thank goodness for Spirit Beasts, or my exotic talent (when I get there) would yield few options!

Btw, Kalhoun: A plagued pig is definitely in the cards. He's on the list along with the undead eagle, the white diseased bear, and more yet to be determined. And here I thought this would be easier than tracking down all the rares lol
Tsaikojen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Tsaikojen »

Other than Undead or ghostly pets there are pets that look like they have something to do with corpses. The worms are a good example, and the black beetle looks like a giant cockroach. Some pets come in colors that work well with undead, like Numarok. The damaged Silithid is a great undead pet for undead BMs thay isn't difficult to find.

Carnifex
Realm: Nathrezim-US

Unread post by Carnifex »

I agree with the carrion bird idea--it seems kind of fitting for a vulture to want to follow a walking corpse around. :D Maybe hoping some tasty bits will fall off during combat...

I'd also like to suggest Winna's Kitten, the plague-warped cat:

Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: azshara

Unread post by Skeeter »

hehe this was my idea when i began my hunter

I promptly tamed Ressan the Needler after reaching level 11.
Continued with Ressan until I began questing in Silverpine (i was in heirlooms, so i was around level 14-15 when i started)
I swam to the island in the middle of Silverpine and tamed both the Wolf and the Bear.
Got a quest in silverpine to enter a spider infested mine, tamed a Bone Spider (pretty cool looking)
At some point I ran over to Blackfathom Deeps to tame the Boss Turtle (not undead, but i wanted a tank pet)
I of course, immediately tamed the Undead Eagle when i could
Then headed over to Felwood, tamed Winna's Kitten.
Continued questing in EPL, tamed the Undead Boar.
Out of ideas for undead pets, i got on Petopia, decided to go to Loch Modan
Tamed Gosh-Haldir (croc)
Also tamed Ashtail (awesome looking fox, has blue eyes if i remember correctly)
Then i regretaably tamed a Tan Beetle as my tank pet, abandoning my beloved Turtle (we solo'd many, many instances together)
Then after reading about The Lone Hunter I have decided to redo my collection and go for Ghosty Pets + My BFD Turtle (after nearly crying during my first abandon, i went to retame him, im never getting another turtle, not even terrorpene can replace him)
Scotia
Realm: H: Hyjal / A: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Scotia »

Glad to see I'm not the only one that into her characters that she does this. :D

The day the Shattering patch was released, I started an Undead Huntress. I figured that was as close as I'd get to being a Dark Ranger in service to the Dark Queen... so, I was stoked. Aside from getting to experience the revamped visuals and quest lines (AWESOME, by the way... if you have any passing interest in the Forsaken storyline at all, MAKE AN ALT and do the quests... you won't regret it!), I figured I'd justify the pet part of my hunter/fake-ranger by only taming things that would be undead appropriate. Here's what I've got so far.

Started with a Plagued Bruin from Tirisfal Glades as soon as I could. Technically, the spider I had could fit, but spiders imho are a little (technically) weak for solo play. Still, I might get a bone spider for the coolness factor... it's certainly undead appropriate.

When I got to the quest for the Diseased Hawks, I got one of those ASAP. Isis is my nearly constant companion, now.
Got to EPL, and saw the green runed demon dogs. Malfoy is awesome and I usually use him in groups due to his higher dps.

Pretty soon, I got one of those lovely red Carrion Beetles for my tank pet. It's basically the same as a turtle as far as abilities (including shell shield), but where a turtle doesn't fit undead, a beetle, and a carrion one at that, is perfect in my opinion.

Also picked up a Scorpid (Duneclaw Broodlord) and a Serpent (Sunburst Adder) for her recently for a little variety. Scorpids are very orcish, IMHO, but also creepy and a little scary, just like snakes... and spiders. Not quite rotting and undead, but not cute and fuzzy wuzzy either. I lump them together into the "creepy crawly" category. ;)

I plan on getting the damaged silithid from Thousand Needles as soon as I hit 69 (and naming it Migraine)... and maybe that newly tamable black wasp once the patch hits.

I'd get an undead boar, but I don't like their special... I don't have any shots that cause bleeds, so it's kind of pointless for me. Good for a group, maybe.

But, absolutely NOTHING with fur unless it's rotting. Spirit beasts ARE cool and a saving grace for us undead, since "ghosts" are undead, too. ;)

Cheers to everyone else going thematic with their pets. I love reading about the ideas others have for the themes!
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

my favorite undead bear is the plagued polar ones in northrend, great for an undead hunter

Ognian

Unread post by Ognian »

I thought hard about the turtle myself, but it IS plagued, and the white, ghostly look to it goes perfectly. I've since added a rabid worg, but really am counting the levels till I can get the undead bird!
Ognian: Undead Hunter, Cenarion Circle

Calhar: Worgen Hunter, Moon Guard
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I started up my Undead Hunter, Lydeea, pretty much immediately after the Shattering as well. I'm going on a Tim Burton naming theme for her pets, and so far, most of her pets have ended up being either black or white, with the exception of Zero (Bayne), her demon dog and so far, favourite pet, and Betelgeuse, who's red right now but will be a black and white beetle once I level a bit higher.

I wanted to go with the whole "undead/demon" pet theme, but I just don't like the looks of the diseased animals. Frankly, they make me feel kind of sick. Lydeea's choices might not be always the "obvious" ones for an Undead Hunter, but I find they fit quite well.

Lydeea's Pets:

Image -Zero Image - Ginger Image - Lucy Image - Toby Image - Betelgeuse Image - Uileam
Image - Scraps Image - Mirana Image - Iracebeth Image - Augustus Image - Shock Image - Nell
Last edited by Cerah on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!