This community uses an anonymous moderation system. In other words, moderators do not use their normal forum account to moderate; they use the Moderator account.
Mania (that's me!) is the admin of the WoW Petopia Community. I have ultimate responsibility here as well as oversight of the moderators and the Moderator account. If you ever have any questions about moderation, please feel free to contact me either through a PM or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Some of the forums here also have forum assistants. Forum assistance possess some moderator powers like the ability to sticky threads; they are listed in a post in the announcement section of their forum. The role of a forum moderator is to help make the forum more useful for community members by organizing information.
What are the moderators responsible for?
The Moderator account is responsible for:
- Enforcing community rules.
- Handling reported posts, including spam.
- Escalating issues to Mania.
- Answering questions about the community rules, moderation, etc.
- Handling reports and complaints regarding the Moderator account.
- Responding to requests to change a user name.
How do you contact a moderator?
The number one best way to contact a moderator about a particular post is to use the Report Post function. Depending on the theme you are using, the Report Post button may be in different locations, but it always uses an exclamation icon (!). For the default theme, the button is at the bottom right of each post.
If you need to contact a moderator about something else, your best bet is to send a PM to Mania and/or the Moderator account.
What to do if you have a problem:
- If a thread needs to be moved or made sticky: Report Post
- If a post violates the forum rules: Report Post
- If you want to change your user name: PM Mania
- If you have a general question about moderation: PM Mania
- If you have a problem with another member: PM Mania
- If you have a problem with the Moderator account: PM Mania
- If you have a problem with Mania: PM Mania
- If you aren't sure: PM Mania