Krush or level?-made my decision-

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

What to do?

Go for Krush, KRUSH UNTIL YOU DIE!!
82%
WTF? 82? Level your self NOW!
18%

Total votes: 38

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Krush or level?-made my decision-

Unread post by Redith »

Hi guys its me..again lol. So I think i have Krush on the brain cause i keep coming back to the basin. The thing is Im still 82. I should be leveling cause I know theres Madexx and GC and others..but I want Krush too and I keep getting lured back here. I need to decide whitch one to devote my time to. Full time Krush hunt or full time level.
Last edited by Redith on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juxia

Re: Krush or level?

Unread post by Juxia »

I'd go for Krush now, then level afterwards. In fact, that's precisely what I did :lol:

I started looking for him at level 76 and I did quests in the Basin and got xp from mining and herbing so I gained a few levels while I was waiting for him but I was glad I did.
Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

Krush. You can get him faster these days because everyone are busy with cata.

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Mustafah wrote:Krush. You can get him faster these days because everyone are busy with cata.
You know I have been on and off hunting him for last month right?
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Fine looks like im Krush hunting, but im not flying Im going to camp. I think that small area with the Mamoths is a good idea
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm the wrong person to ask because when faced with this option, I always choose the pet first. In fact, I myself got Krush when I dinged 75. Like...I no sooner hit 75, and flew out to Sholazar Basin, leaving only to hit the AH for some stamina gear. It did take a couple days to get him (looking back, I now realize how incredibly lucky I was to get him at 75!), but nevertheless, I was determined to do nothing but camp until I got him. :P

The "kind of" same thing happened with Madexx. I was already level 85 when I first started camping him, but that's ALL I did. I didn't do heroics with my guild, I didn't work on my professions, I didn't quest, I didn't do anything until I had him. :lol:

Edit:
Redith wrote:Fine looks like im Krush hunting, but im not flying Im going to camp. I think that small area with the Mamoths is a good idea
Just be careful with that. I personally never single-point camp because I know he'll spawn in the place I'm not at. When I got KK, I started first looking by the Nesingwary camp, then flew up to the river/waterfall and he wasn't there, and then I finally found him at the Glimmering Pillar. Soooo.....I am not an advocate of just sitting in one spot. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I think we're all the wrong people to ask. There aren't probably many of us who would choose leveling over a pet, unless they need TO level to get that pet. :D

Obviously I voted for KRUSH UNTIL YOU DIE! But that's purely because I can't imagine continuing with leveling until I get the pet I'm after.
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Get Krush, then level with Krush, no regrets.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Level, no question about it. You can just go back and get him later.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Rhyela wrote:I'm the wrong person to ask because when faced with this option, I always choose the pet first. In fact, I myself got Krush when I dinged 75. Like...I no sooner hit 75, and flew out to Sholazar Basin, leaving only to hit the AH for some stamina gear. It did take a couple days to get him (looking back, I now realize how incredibly lucky I was to get him at 75!), but nevertheless, I was determined to do nothing but camp until I got him. :P
Same, except I found him after about 5 hours and forgot the stamina gear :lol: I too vote for Krush ;)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Varethyn wrote:
Rhyela wrote:I'm the wrong person to ask because when faced with this option, I always choose the pet first. In fact, I myself got Krush when I dinged 75. Like...I no sooner hit 75, and flew out to Sholazar Basin, leaving only to hit the AH for some stamina gear. It did take a couple days to get him (looking back, I now realize how incredibly lucky I was to get him at 75!), but nevertheless, I was determined to do nothing but camp until I got him. :P
Same, except I found him after about 5 hours and forgot the stamina gear :lol: I too vote for Krush ;)
Technically, I did find him the same night I hit 75, but I was horribly unprepared and he got killed while I waited for a priest. So a couple days later, on a day I called off sick, as I lay in bed I had the strange tug to go check. Sure enough, there he was! I called up my brother butt-early in the morning to help me with the tame. Heroism + earth shield did wonders. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Forgesmasher
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Forgesmasher »

Krush.

As soon as I hit 75, I was in the Sholazar Basin leveling via quests there and the random dungeon finder. I stayed there pretty much forever, waiting for him. There was one time I came home, wasted time, and logged in only to find him dead right where I logged in. It took the wind out of my sails for a bit.

I hit 81 and decided it was time to camp for him again and that's what I did. It took about two weeks and my guild wanted to do a random heroic. I asked them to let me just do a quick look around since it was the hour mark, and lo and behold, there he was. Called up my Core Hound, popped Ancient Hysteria, dismissed him, and did the tame. I've been leveling with him ever since. :)
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I voted level just because you'll have a bigger arsenal of pets to choose from at 85, however, I LOVE Krush. He is by far one of my favorite pets!!! I would highly recommend getting him so if you are at a point where that is all you think about, by all means, go get your great big green dino!
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Red, I just got him yesterday. I camped where you were talking about, but I flew a little bit.

Start - 8.30; Flew laps until 8.35 Camped.
8:55-9:05 - Laps
9:05-9:25 - Camp
9:25-9:35 - Laps
9:35-9:55 - Camp
9:55-10:05 - Laps
10:05-10:25 - Camp

See the pattern? He spawned at 2:38 near the mammoths as I readied to tab out.
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

Here's the guaranteed way to get Krush:
Camp all weekend like an addict.
Sunday afternoon, realize you at least need to wash clothes.
ASk hubby/family member to listen, and finally leave the room, going downstairs to do laundry.
Wait three seconds till watcher starts screaming, race up the steps and claim your Krush

Mearra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon mainly, KilJaeden, Auchindoun.

Unread post by Mearra »

I admit that I get entirely fixated when there's something I'm aiming for. So I'd end up camping him.
I may eventually go do a few quests then come back, but I'd be very very much stuck camping for him.
It's pretty obvious which way I voted.

I'd agree with camp then quest with him :D
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

I would lvl... makes taming him too easy then
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Ok OK I decided....Im going to level...It was a hard decision.....no more camping...........

Last edited by Redith on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Krush or level?-made my decision-

Unread post by Ziarre »

BAHAHAHAHAH. Grats!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Re: Krush or level?-made my decision-

Unread post by Mozag »

Heheh, grats on your gorgeous boy, Redith!