Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Things that Aren't Fun

Unread post by Azunara »

Alt Title: Washing dishes is evil.
Alt Alt Title: Azu gets hurt! D:

Thing that isn't fun one: Washing dishes
Thing that isn't fun two: Having a glass shatter while you're washing it.

Essentially, it shattered while I was washing it. Didn't hurt whatsoever, and I just looked at it and was all, "Hey. You're bleeding a lot. Why would you do that, hand?" So I go over to my parents and say innocently, "Uh. My hand is bleeding a lot and glass just shattered while I was washing. You apply pressure, right?"

And I'm sitting there, clutching paper towel to my right hand knuckle. After being told to run it under cold water and spending five minutes numbing it and applying more pressure, Mom comes down once more and wraps it up.

So now I can't bend it and it makes typing hard. Yeah. It kind of hurts now. So don't have glass shatter in your hands. It's not fun.

...Carry on.
Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Re: Things that Aren't Fun

Unread post by Kamalia »

Never believe your parents when they say doing chores won't kill you. :lol:

Hope your hand gets better soon!

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

You are SO right there. *plans to use this as leverage in the future.*

"A little hard work never killed any-"
*holds up hand.*
"..."
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

I rember I was chasing around one of my siblings and his friends outside in bear feet. the area we live in has a forest in our backyard and trees all over the place other than that, anyways so I was running right? I thought it would be okay to run around in bare feet of course I was wrong no one knows what to heck I stepped on but I had gotten a huge cut under my toes that opeaned a huge scar that went in in a 'v' shaped way, you could easily opean it and see all the muscles inside, I hurt like hell to try and move my toes cause all the muscle was cut, I would've gotten stitches if it wasn't for my moms execellcent nurse skills, I just took a few weeks on hoping on one leg and leaveing my foot hanging in the air not to touch a thing with it. but it sucked hugely although I got everyone to cook for me when I just sat there playing wow
Hope you get better by the way azu I know how much it sucks not being able to move your muscles
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yeah. It really irks me. I'm all "typetypetypeOHNOTYPO. Okay, we're all go-*TYPO.* Goshflaggeritdanabbit *typo* ...I hate you."
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Argh. That sucks, Azu. >.< That's why we have very little grass...
I've never really hurt myself badly...
Once I fell off my bike (I was young, 'kay?) and got a chunk of gravel stuck in my knee. That wasn't great.
I put a bandaid on it and continued on my bike ride. >.>
And I was on heelies (those death-machine "Shoes with wheels") and fell, cutting my knee again. Quite deep, very painful.
...Didn't want to alarm my friend's mom, so I ignored it and didn't say anything. Even after we went to the zoo - which was a lot of painful walking - and ran around a bit.

The stupidest thing I've done to get hurt would be to run barefoot across a bunch of dry, seed-covered grass while in a crazed haze. (Dog ran away. >.>) Yeah, I had a lot of little holes in my feet for a while. Stupid Lupis.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Dishes. The source of pure evil I say *shakes fist*.

But that sucks Azu, hope it doesn't take long for your hand to heal.

Uh, bad accidents.... Back in school, I fell down the tiled stares in our Rec room, smacked my leg up agaisnt the bottom stair. A quick visit to the doctor who told me it was a sprain of some sort. A quick visit to the X-Ray department told me I had broken my leg. -.-
Since most of my school was upstairs with no elevator, I had to miss about 10 weeks of school, including Midterms. I ended up saying "bugger it" and skipping the rest of the year, repeating my schoolage the following year.

Raederle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesignwary

Unread post by Raederle »

worst accident for me was in college - trying to open a sticky old window, hand slipped on the frame, broke the glass and cut a big deep cut on my left thumb, about an hour before choir rehearsal. Lots of cold water and pressure later the bleeding stopped just in time for me to make rehearsal. Hand hurt like hell though.

I still have a curved scar on the side of my thumb. :(
What we choose to fight is so tiny!
What fights us is so great!
-- Rilke
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Sheesh - having to redo a year of school on account of a broken leg? That's food for thought.

Azu, I guess I'll have to agree with you on broken glass being no fun :P
Just be sure to change the bandaging, and take better care of yourself!

And, am I supposed to share my worst accident or something? *runs finger along scar on his left thumb* Pocket knives hurt when you're being stupid :(
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Lol I remember one time on the school bus, my leg fell asleep and the bus was all stopped and ready for us to get off, so I go balancing basically on my numb leg and other leg I get to the stairs and fall down them roll into a ball and hit the sidewalk outside. Everyone thought it was hilarious, I thought I was fine till about 3 hours later in computer class my leg itched and i tried to move my sock but couldn't because it was firmly held in place due to my leg swelling up like a grape fruit @_@

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I've got a few scars on the upside of my hand from playing with my butterfly knife. >.>

That sounds unpleasant, Azu. Hope you get better. Worst I've gotten' was falling down icy stairs. May not sound like much, but I ended up with two broken ribs and a lot of butt-pain for a while. >.>

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Thing that isn't fun one: Having your Military partner have a Negligent discharge while standing by you.
Thing that isn't fun two: The weapon he had the Negligent discharge with was a M203 ><

Negligent discharge- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligent_discharge
M203- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M203_grenade_launcher
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Okay. Red beats me. Eeesh. Sorry that happened. That...doesn't sound fun at all.
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

owww Azu.. I hope you feel better soon. (see I was not telling lies.. :P)
*Hugs*

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

SgtMakkie wrote:owww Azu.. I hope you feel better soon. (see I was not telling lies.. :P)
*Hugs*
I second that -Huggles-
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Funny story...we have a dishwasher here when I visit my parents in NC. Well I have this favorite cup of mine, it's glass and fairly large and has an interesting design on it...anyway! The dish washer ends up heating up the dishes inside of it a fair degree. Well I wanted something to drink RIGHT after it finished cleaning my cup, so I thought it'd be a great idea to cool it off using hot water.

Obviously, Palladia did not pay attention in science class. The cup broke into three neat little pieces.

Hope your cut heals soon!

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Mearra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon mainly, KilJaeden, Auchindoun.

Unread post by Mearra »

Ouuuch. I've been there, done that. I'm ridiculously clumsy.....and blood and I don't mix. I end up on the floor unconscious.
Hope it heals up fast and you feel better soon.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Thanks all!

Well. I've had to apply a finger splint because I kept bending it and reopening the wound. Turns out wearing one gets you a lot of sympathy. I've had to say "Yeah. A glass shattered while I was washing it..." a good fifty million times today. (Not quite.)

My friend did have the brilliant idea to sign it, and others did too, so I have about five or six signatures on my splint, as well as a kitty face I drew. XD
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Stick your finger into the computer screen! I'll sign it too!
*Opens Photoshop and pushes the brush tool*

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Or, you know, I can just write your name on it and claim you signed it. Less painful for my computer. And finger. *tries pushing finger into screen nonetheless.* *realizes that sounded wrong.*