If Blizzard went down to ONE pet...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

If Blizzard went down to ONE pet...

Unread post by Cozzene »

Who would you keep, and why? (You can do this for as many of your hunters as you want)

Cozzene- I would keep my pink tallstrider, Gustiver. Long story short, he's all I have left from someone who was once a very core part of my life.
Magdelena- She'd keep Mattiker, the ghost saber. Kiting naga around to kill them as I tried to make it spawn was (not) fun. It was only AFTER I tamed him dd I realise I could have gotten a trash pet...
Greycie- She has a red raptor named Nigoki, named for Unit 02 in Neon genesis. Her pilot, Asuka, is basically my twin in every non-physical way. The pet isn't rare, but it symbolises something important to me.
Cavalia- Remember when you could tame the slime? Yep. I don't think that needs an explanation :P
Agarina- Last night, the Petopian guild (Mostly Teigan and a priest who's name I forgot leaving me feeling embarrassed) sent me on a mission to Darnassus to tame the rare white spotted saber there. After getting a mouthful of bark, we found him killing critters, and I named him Deva. Which I guess would make him a girl. Ok, I named HER Deva xD
Minifig
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: If Blizzard went down to ONE pet...

Unread post by Minifig »

My eagle. I love the fact that I've had him for 32 levels..

Until I got Simbas.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sat: A cute little grimtotem ghostwolf named Ghosthowl. I love that little guy.
Stereoptic: Suski, the blue sporebat. I'm not sure why, but I just fell in love with that one. It's a hovering mushroom that spews out lots of spores, it's kind of sperm, all over the place, and smacks enemies with tentacles that look phallic, but I still like her. She's a cutie. ^^

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

...they'd better make Deathwing tamable again.

What?
_

Well, that one pet would be Timber, aka Silverfir. Well, it would be once 4.0.6 actually comes (can't it come any sooner?)
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

I'd keep Tegan my Loque, just cause I've grown really fond of her.

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Mozag - Mortician, her red hyena. Not only is he useful for her in terms of MM combat, he's also a lovely colour and a very strong link to Mozag's past, since the Hunter who I race-changed into Mozag had a Hyena who he adored for a long time (though of a different colour). Mortician may not be the prettiest of her pets, but he is the most sentimental for me.

Lazuli - Pearl, the white fox. Ever since I heard of Goblins, and then heard of foxes (and their colours), I knew I wanted a Goblin Hunter with a white fox. Pearl may not be as dear to Lazuli as are Gem (pink tallstrider) or Coin (Gosh-Haldir), but I like the concept, and I love foxes and their skill, so I'd keep her.

Lomelinda - Sweet Pea, her white worg. Though Lomelinda is my cat lady, I was surprised with my attachment to the worg, when in a mad error of judgement I deleted her since I was convinced the white coyote model would suit her better. I went and tamed the coyote skin, looked at it for up to five minutes and hated it with a passion. I ditched it as quickly as I could, and rushed back to Duskwood to find my baby. And sure enough, in the exact location she had originally found her (without much of a search), Sweet Pea stood waiting patiently, knowing that she'd be wanted home. Funnily enough, I have never seen Lupos on any other hunter again, which only strengthens the bond between Sweet Pea and Lomelinda.

Alburga - Voltaire (brown scorpid), the great love of her life will not be leaving her side no matter what fancy pets she tames. He may be pretty useless, but she adores him! In fact, during a Hyena tame yesterday, I accidentally abandoned him, and was inconsolable until a kind GM restored him.

Ethelswitha - Mary, the red and orange dragonhawk will stay as a testament to the 26 deaths she suffered on her way to get her. Besides, they look great together!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aw crap, I don't think I could decide. Man. I guess it would have to be Tetsusaiga (Echeyakee) because we have such a long history together (about five years now!). But it would probably just about kill me to have to give up Apollyon (King Krush), Vulkoor (Madexx), and Naphthali (red mine spider). I think I would actually just stop playing hunters forever if they made me give up any of my four babies.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Raydex Deadlock. It'd kill me...but she's Deadlock. Close seconds for her would be Kael, Paranoia, Torrogar, Odin, Loki, Misery, Khabara, and Sorrow. Damit I'd just roll 24 more hunters and keep my stable xP
Voltera Sunbind.
Raydex the Troll Kirin. I love wind serpents :3
Drassil the Not A Druid Crab the Crab.
Drassil the Actually-A-Druid Her proto whelp minipet xP

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Vephriel - I'm sure this goes without asking, but Skorn is the only pet I could choose as Veph's sole companion.

Gazini - I'm so torn between two of her pets, I honestly can't decide. x_x There's Damballah her serpent, and Legba her Hyena. Both very iconic pets for her.
Image Image

Spiders - Out of her whole colony, I'd have to go with Arachne the Skitterweb Matriarch. It's one of my favourite spider models, and I've always felt like she was her most important pet.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Redith-Definatly Bladefang the Shango skin
Redfang-SIlver Worg
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

Vasken: It'd be a tough choice between:

Cactus, my King Krush! Wasted months and dozens of sleepless nights for that beastie. Put so much effort into finding him that'd be a heartbreak to loose the 'saur! Either him, or...

Omacatl, the overweight, blue raptor. She was one of my first pets and... So many memories! Andandand... Fghah. It's hard to explain the connection with your first pet in words!

Piano:

Mezzo, the tallstrider. I like all her pets, but... This one amuses me the most! The goofy animations, the eye-searing colouration and the silly sound effects certainly brighten up the leveling experience. :lol:

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

If Blizzard was this stupid I would quit WoW.

...and I am not even kidding.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Easy call here:

Kalliope:
Ursa

Kallimon:
Gumbo

The other hunters don't matter as much. I would miss every lost pet dearly, but these are the character-defining pets.

For some reason, I found this easier than choosing a top 5...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Pent wrote:If Blizzard was this stupid I would quit WoW.

^That.

But as I think the point of this topic is more-what is your most fave pet and why?-I'll answer.

On Shadé, I would keep Fai, my Loque'nahak. When I first started xmas last year, I looked at all the classes and stumbled across this site during my researching of the different classes and what would work best with my play style. Saw Loque and made my first-and my main-toon a beast master hunter entirely because I saw Loque and thought he was so bloody awesome that I had to have one for myself.

On Gypsí I would keep Abaddon, my small black wolf/Snarler. Why? This guy was Shade's main raid/leveling pet when I first started the game, and he is still my fave of all the wolves in the game at the moment.

Then I would roll other hunters so I could have my Karoma, giant wasp and Sambas.
Nightfall
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Nightfall »

As much i love Bliztkrieg my black wolf, like the actual wolf the not worg model, If i had to choose only a pet it be the appropriately named Nightfall which is my terrorpene.I have had within the very first hours that i could look for him.Getting him under my wing took quite a few deaths, some gold coins and a nice healer to keep me alive if only by so much.Not only was it a very hard tame but it probably was my favorite one seeing as how Tenacity pets are really good pet for solo content that and you know he shares the skin of an evil turtle god.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Pent wrote:If Blizzard was this stupid I would quit WoW.

^Another vote for this.

If they were that stupid, however, for the last few hours I'd be playing WoW, I think my signature pic says it all. Cerah with Beauty, Toeph with Katara (though Aang, her orange dragonhawk, would be a close second), Lydeea with Zero and Leata with Hyde.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Mr. Perfect
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mr. Perfect »

Oh, that's easy.

Sir Kresh from the Wailing Caverns isn't going any place, I've had him since I started playing in '06.
Mr. Perfect - A nickname fraught with peril.
Nevyc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: VentCo

Unread post by Nevyc »

Humar, or as my hunter calls him Chakul.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Old Cliff Jumper, hands down. I love that wolf.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Aaaaaah, that's a tough choice. I'm really attached to my Loque, but at the same time my "consumed" bear Hatred is so much better at keeping me safe while soloing.

I think the only winning move is not to play any more!

(bonus points if you get the reference)