Northern Stranglethorn Vale Troll Animal Sprits Map

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lehana
Realm: Dalaran

Northern Stranglethorn Vale Troll Animal Sprits Map

Unread post by Lehana »

So I've seen a few topics about where the different troll animal spirits spawn in STV. Since I found them all, I thought I'd make a map where I found them. I found Mahamba twice in the same spot, and the second time I watched him for a little while and saw that he doesn't seem to move too far from his spawn point. And while I only saw Pogeyan once, the hunter who tamed him right as I signed on showed me where she found it, and it was exactly where I found mine. As far as I know, the gorilla is the same. They move a little bit, but not far from their spawn spot. Also...they are HUGE.

Last edited by Lehana on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Re: Northern Stranglethorn Vale Troll Animal Sprits Map

Unread post by Arisia »

Lehana posted: ((Also...they are HUGE.))

LOL-- thank you-- I had thought I was losing my mind when Pogs spawned next to me... the size boggled my mind! I kept thinking of Har'koa as I tamed, hoping I'd not be eaten :D
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Confirmed a second sighting for the white gorilla as thats where I found him this morning. He stood out a frekaing mile being huge and well, bright white.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Empyrean
Realm: Eldre'thalas

Unread post by Empyrean »

Pogeyan Can also be found on the map exactly between your red dot and the Tkashi Ruins. That would put it at approximately 150 yards SE of your red dot.

Pro-Tip: Don't tell your wife you'll camp Pogeyan for her, then when she spawns fly down and immediately hit tame ... not realizing your wife had tamed a monkey for fun earlier and causing the Monkey to fling poo and all sorts of things at Pogeyan. FYI, Pogeyan's health doesn't like level 82 monkeys flinging poo. Also FYI, wives don't like husbands that let monkeys fling poo at Pogeyan.

Lehana

Unread post by Lehana »

Empyrean wrote:Pogeyan Can also be found on the map exactly between your red dot and the Tkashi Ruins. That would put it at approximately 150 yards SE of your red dot.

Pro-Tip: Don't tell your wife you'll camp Pogeyan for her, then when she spawns fly down and immediately hit tame ... not realizing your wife had tamed a monkey for fun earlier and causing the Monkey to fling poo and all sorts of things at Pogeyan. FYI, Pogeyan's health doesn't like level 82 monkeys flinging poo. Also FYI, wives don't like husbands that let monkeys fling poo at Pogeyan.
Good to know!

Ok, I modified the map. If this I got the location right, tell me and I'll put this map in my first post.

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Empyrean wrote:Pogeyan Can also be found on the map exactly between your red dot and the Tkashi Ruins. That would put it at approximately 150 yards SE of your red dot.

O.m.g lol im sorry but that was an absolute burst out laughing for two seconds moment

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Empyrean

Lehana wrote:
Good to know!

Ok, I modified the map. If this I got the location right, tell me and I'll put this map in my first post.
That's the spot!

Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

I apologize, but... Lol! Thank goodness his respawn timer isn't too awful! :lol:

A similar thing happened to me. I'd just woken up and had previously parked one of my hunters in Pogeyan's general spawn area the night before. Was still half-asleep whilst I logged in! Lo' and behold, the delicious golden kitty was proudly patroling around. In my partially asleep daze, I thought to myself:

"I'll tag him! Just so no one tries to gank him! I'M A GENIUS. "

My 'tag' critted for 10k.

Pogeyan went splat.

Whoops. :oops:

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Lehana

Unread post by Lehana »

First post is edited.

Yeah, the respawn isn't too bad. I'm thinking about 3-4 hours. But I know for certain that it is less than 10 hours on Dalaran. Since someone else tamed it at 1:30am and I saw him again at 10am.

And on killing your tames, I had that happen before. I decided to tame Bayne, and forgot I had a pet out. My pet nuked him before I could stop it.

Normally I don't bother tagging unless I strip and then punch.
Empyrean

Pogeyan spawned again exactly 4 hours later at same spot, at the base of the large tree in the background.
Attachments
Pogeyan spawn point at large tree in background.
Pogeyan spawn point at large tree in background.
pogeyan.jpg (68 KiB) Viewed 15695 times

Empyrean

And found him again, this time on my own hunter, exactly two hours after the last spawn, in the same spot I found the last two. So, I have personally witnessed 2-4 hour spawn for three spawns.

Oh, and a simple thing to add, all of these 'spirit' rares are non-aggressive. If you use track beasts, they'll be about the only yellow dots on your mini-map besides an occassional Vale Howler monkey ... the rest should all be red/agressive beasts, such as tigers/panthers.

Handuin
Realm: Smolderthorn US

Unread post by Handuin »

I don't mean to toot my own horn or anything, but I actually ran into all 3 of the Stranglethorn beasts earlier today. Ran into the croc first, tamed him, then into the gorilla, tamed him as well. I then went to Darkshire to put my new pet croc into the stables (curse my low level for only being able to have 2 pets with me at the time! ><) and went back to Stranglethorn where I then ran into the cat and tamed him....it was a good day!
TheFlemishHunter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Saurfang EU

Unread post by TheFlemishHunter »

do they share a timer? want the croc and cat but found the gorilla
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I've seen Poegyan and Mahamba up at the same time, so no, I don't think they share a timer.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I don't think they share a respawn timer simply because I tamed Pogeyan while looking for the others and never saw them after taming her. Doing the same thing on another hunter right now.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

TheFlemishHunter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

just found mahamba spawing right beside me, tried to tame but noticed i still had my loque out
resulted in a dead croc :(
/facepalm
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

zedxrgal wrote:I don't think they share a respawn timer simply because I tamed Pogeyan while looking for the others and never saw them after taming her. Doing the same thing on another hunter right now.

They do NOT share the same spawn timer. All three can be up at the same time, and have been. ;-)

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Just confirmed that on Nesingwary Pogeyan spawned after only 2 hours from being killed. I haven't checked if the others spawned also.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

TheFlemishHunter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

after I accidentaly killed Mahamba, he respawned after about 4-5 hrs
oh why must the good looking pets always be hard to find :o
Hello

Unread post by Hello »

TheFlemishHunter wrote:after I accidentaly killed Mahamba, he respawned after about 4-5 hrs
oh why must the good looking pets always be hard to find :o
Because then it's worth it.