Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Kalliope »

<3 Noah!

I have reason to suspect the tarantulas have a swimming animation due to your open ear. Thank you, from the bottom of Orpheus's little heart. :D (Which is now a bit soggy; he enjoys swimming now.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by malikith »

The loss of the Sethek Halls Raven sucks badly. I have posted about it as well. Make Ravens Carrion Birds again or at LEAST make the Sethek Halls back into a Raven.

(as a lesser alternative Id go for the Gilnean Raven to be a tameable CArrion Bird Raven in its place as was just mentioned)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I definitely don't want to stifle the great flow of suggestions, but I just thought I'd put in a small reminder here that Noah's job at Blizzard isn't in hunter class development. He's more an encounters/dungeons/mobs kind of guy who has been VERY generously giving us loads more pets in whatever little spare time he has. So anything that isn't related to that, but may be related to hunter class stuff or other bugs, he could perhaps relay to the right people if he has time and chooses to, but it isn't his direct area of responsibility.

But the main thing I wanted to bring up was that he's really been going beyond the call of duty in what he's done for us so far. So when you're posting suggestions or requests, please keep in mind that a "please" or "perhaps you could consider" wouldn't hurt, rather than just telling him what you want him to do. And yes, I know most posts haven't been like that, but please keep it in mind :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I know this is a dumb question Wain but is <Noah the Lurker> still lurking. Just curious. Nothing really prudent.

And :hug:x20 to <Noah the Lurker> for ALL he's done to help us hunters. Seriously folks. Pay some homage to the man who's helped us so very much. I know I'm more the grateful.
Last edited by zedxrgal on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

zedxrgal wrote:I know this is a dumb question Wain but is <Noah the Lurker> still lurking. Just curious. Nothing really prudent.
He is. I assume he reads this thread but I've never asked him. I know he does check the forums though.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

zedxrgal wrote:
And :hug:x20 to <Noah the Lurker> for ALL he's done to help us hunters. Seriously folks. Pay some homage to the man who's helped us so very much. I know I'm more the grateful.
This. A million times this.

I've been tempted to post in this thread with suggestions, but since The Shattering we have been spoiled with hunter and pet choice, and I can't bring myself to ask for even more.

Well, except for maybe more stable space for those Hunters who don't like making alt hunters purely for pets like I do.

And maybe...just maybe...http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/windser ... land2.html

If that became tameable I think I'd die from happiness. :D

But seriously, thank you, thank you, thank you for everything we've been given!
malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

*smiles softly.

Yes Noah (and Wain) everything is appreciated a great deal.

Please make the "Brood of Anzu" model Raven go back to being a Ferocity Pet 8)

An odd suggestion perhaps...as Im certain its been brought up in the past (though I daresay I know not where)... Is it possible or even feasible to make it so you can Actually Choose what Tree your Pet runs?

That would change the entire Face of Pet Taming. Tank Cat? Ferocity Croc? Cunning Wolf? (maybe it doesnt make sense..as the pets are classified as they are for rational reasons..but it would certainly broaden the types of pets being used in any given situation. AND throw a major curveball to non-hunters who caste you by your pet choice.)

I'm sure the amount of work involved would be massive BUT...perhaps in the long run...It's a good idea? Just a suggestion.

And Thanks again for listening to us.
Espresso

Unread post by Espresso »

First off, thank you so much for all the new shiny rares to hunt for <3

my only request is tamable giraffes!! oh pretty pretty please, I remember when I first started I raced to level 19 so I could tame a barrens giraffe only to be devastated they couldn't be tamed :( oh and on second though, tamable mounts pretty please?! :D
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Giraffes, yes, one thousand times yes. I did exactly the same thing, on Alliance, back in vanilla, only to find them untameable :(

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

Thank you for Olm, Noah! (and can you give the guy responsible for putting the pets back in LBRS a million hugs from me? ^_^)

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

btw at first i thought espresso was talking about a mount that you go out and tame so you can ride it, and while that might be impossible beyond reason to implement, it would cool as all hell hehe

malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Been toying around with the idea of getting a Wasp. As they appear to be one of the best PvP pets around. I like the new Black Wasp alot but my son is getting it (and we try and not keep the same pets) but none of the others i really like. the new Copper one is nice but...a tad more brown than copper. Were it Copper/Orange Id go for it. (I did grab it on one of my many hunter alts).

OK soo.. yes I like the orange boss skin on a standard wasp. That one works for me *smiles

Just wanted to throw out the suggestion to bring more of the non used skins out to the forefront.

Thanks again for listening.
malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

PLease Please Please...make it so the actual Madexx doesnt spawn in Brown anymore. If we have non rare brown Madexx skins then it kinda doesnt make sense to have the same skin on a rare in the same general area?

Again..thank you for listening *bows
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

malikith wrote:PLease Please Please...make it so the actual Madexx doesnt spawn in Brown anymore. If we have non rare brown Madexx skins then it kinda doesnt make sense to have the same skin on a rare in the same general area?

Again..thank you for listening *bows
I'd personally not enjoy that. If this were to happen, what would happen to the tame bronze/brown Madexxes hunters have already? I wouldn't be happy if I were to wake up to find that Fallout (my bronze Madexx) had turned into a stranger, or worse, was completely gone. :/
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Hunters are like kids in candystores. We just cant get enough. We will always have new requests/wishes for you.
This doesnt mean we are ungratefull, far from it. WE LOVE YOU! Personaly i love all the new skins and models you have given us so far in cata. its awsome!
But remember, even how much we love what we just got...we always want moar! =D <3<3

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Toph wrote:'d personally not enjoy that. If this were to happen, what would happen to the tame bronze/brown Madexxes hunters have already? I wouldn't be happy if I were to wake up to find that Fallout (my bronze Madexx) had turned into a stranger, or worse, was completely gone. :/
While I'm not putting in an opinion for or against such a change, your worries would luckily be unfounded. Each Madexx colour has its own NPC id. To remove the brown one from Madexx's colours they'd just remove the id # for the brown one from the possible spawns. The NPC with that id would be unchanged, and hence hunters with that one would still have the same-coloured scorpid, it just wouldn't spawn in the wild any more.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Wain wrote:
Toph wrote:'d personally not enjoy that. If this were to happen, what would happen to the tame bronze/brown Madexxes hunters have already? I wouldn't be happy if I were to wake up to find that Fallout (my bronze Madexx) had turned into a stranger, or worse, was completely gone. :/
While I'm not putting in an opinion for or against such a change, your worries would luckily be unfounded. Each Madexx colour has its own NPC id. To remove the brown one from Madexx's colours they'd just remove the id # for the brown one from the possible spawns. The NPC with that id would be unchanged, and hence hunters with that one would still have the same-coloured scorpid, it just wouldn't spawn in the wild any more.
While that's quite reassuring me, I'd still be sad to see the bronze go. Not only because how much he's grown on me, but I realized that the five colors Madexx spawns in currently are the colors of the five main dragonflights, and it'd be sad for the bronze flight to lose their scorpid representative. Wow, all this time, I should've been pinning after red since that's my favorite flight.
Kaelys
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Kaelys »

Thank you Mr Lurker for the lovely new skin on the Swiftwing Shredder!
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

One problem I have been running into lately is that 3/4ths of my stable are tenacity pets! since they have no dps use, i really just need one. i know lots of others who have run into this as well...there are just so many great looking pets in this tree!

would it be possible to model the tenacity tree after feral druids, so that by spec you can make it go dps *or* tank? i'm sure every hunter would absolutely love this, and it would make the unique buffs that the tenacity tree brings usable in raids without gimping personal dps (which usually leads to them not being used for anything other than soloing, ever)