Madexx

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Re: Madexx

Unread post by Teevo »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:Also.. Anyone care to explain why the HECK almost everyone hates the brown colour? Brown Madexx is absolutely GORGEOUS in my opinion. I just don't see why so many people dislike it so much.
I dont dislike brown at all. I just dont want it cause I'm only after the rare/unique skins. So ya, knowing my luck I'll probably get brown the first time I see Madexx heh

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Teevo wrote:I dont dislike brown at all. I just dont want it cause I'm only after the rare/unique skins. So ya, knowing my luck I'll probably get brown the first time I see Madexx heh
Up until last Tuesday it was still a one-mob only skin. It's STILL technically rare since there's only two mobs with it. Besides, if you get brown Madexx, it's even better since it's a rare!

Seriously, I am getting really sick of people implying that because there's a common mob with the skin makes the colour less valuable or less special or less awesome or less WHATEVER. It's a stinkin' amazing colour, no common mob can change that. Hell, if it was only on the common mob it would still be awesome. Take the green/black helboar skin for instance.. None of the mobs it's on are rare. Or the black panther, or even the brown fox.. Blue moth.. Black Outland raptor.. Green Wind Serpent! NONE OF THEM ARE RARE SPAWNS. Does that make them not amazing? Does that make them lesser skins? Make them bad pets to have? Horrible colours that should be ridiculed and disowned for the fact that they are not rare? HELL. NO.

*Edit* Rant not aimed at anyone specific. I just needed to rant about that. Please don't take it personally.
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

When I say rare, I mean hard to get ;) The other new brown scorpid mob isn't hard to get, heh. But nevertheless, I still think Blizzard should have been a bit smarter in avoiding this controversy by making the new scorpid mob in Uldum a color other than that of Madexx :lol:

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

You can still get a brown Madexx. It's still hard to get =P

And I totally agree with that. If any brown scorpid should change.. It's the common one XD
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Okay. I have multiple questions:

One. Why does brown get such the bad rep? People who wanted brown Madexx would have heartbreak everytime another color spawned. Ever thought of that?
Two. Again. It's Mosh vs. Tyrant Devilsaur. Sure, you could get a plain old brown devilsaur, but people want Mosh. It's the SAME exact situation, really. Except Mosh isn't a dinosaur, it's a color changing scorpid.
Three: I agree. I think they should do something neat with the new skins. Maybe make a silver skin for the new common mob or something?

Oh. Silver. WANT.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

/cast vote as hard as i can for silver or any new color for the common one...

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Its not to be mean to those who like brown Madexx or have the brown Madexx.. its just.. Ive spent way too much time in the desert looking for green so at this point any other color I wouldnt be too happy to see :lol:

except im camping with a friend and guildie.. who want black/red or blue so.. yah.. just.. spawn. losing minds..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Sasrei wrote:except im camping with a friend and guildie.. who want black/red or blue so.. yah.. just.. spawn. losing minds..
lol, agreed :)

And again, I don't think anyone here is giving brown Madexx a bad rep.. its just that some of us don't desire it because (a) some people want a specific color and (b) some people don't want it because its not a unique skin anymore, while the other 4 colors are.

Brown or not, still no sightings. Day 13.

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I'm starting to wish that they'd design a completely new, absolutely awesome colour-scheme for a Madexx model and slap it on the common mob. Like so awesome that every hunter would want it, but because it's not rare, or hard to get, many wouldn't touch it. It'd be an interesting study to see how popular the colour would be. :lol:

Lo and behold! the brown Madexx would roam supreme again, and not be spat on as it is now. Poor thing. You're gorgeous brown Madexx, and don't you forget it! :hug:
Mearra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon mainly, KilJaeden, Auchindoun.

Unread post by Mearra »

As much as I am not fond of brown Madexx myself and quite prefer my red, I do not agree with taking him out completely. There are plenty enough people that actually prefer the brown Madexx and enough people that couldn't care less what colour he is, merely like his shape etc and would tame him regardless (and thus resetting the timer for everyone else quite kindly).

Even within this thread some have expressed a fondness for him. There are also people within this thread that I know for a fact have him in EVERY color posibility, which kind of shows that hey....it's like anything, pretty luck dependant. So even though yes, it is disappointing finding him in a colour that you don't like (I've been there myself multiple times), eventually, he'll spawn the colour you do like and it will be x2 rewarding for you.

I do like colour changers (except when I resummon them multiple times and they keep coming out the one colour I don't like), but I'm also fine with how they are now. I wouldn't mind the white lion and black lion that already exist in game to be made to have more of a Sambas build though (his muscles are amazing). It might spread the camping love ;).

I agree with those that state that a lot of the reason they camp a mob is because it's a rare, it has its own background to it and not just because of the skin. Thus having a rare share the exact same skin as a common mob often dampens the whole camping experience.
Pwncess
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor (US)

Unread post by Pwncess »

I just have to say, the brown Madexx isn't the first rare to share a skin with something more common. Having one that spawns brown just makes the other colors even that more special to people who are camping them. While the brown one might not be their most wanted, it's still a rare to people who do like the brown one and have camped it for that reason (especially because it's the Horde mount, as Sambas is the Alliance.) I think that it would make some people pretty unhappy to have the brown one removed from being a spawn. No matter what the color, it's what the pet means to you, not other people. If you camped it and you know you camped it, that's all that matters.

Being a Hunter is like Pokemon.
I gotta tame em all!

It's a good thing I love Pokemon, too!
My Stable
My Mounts
My Companions

malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by malikith »

Obviously the point is still being Missed. You can walk 200 meters over and get the brown Madexx skin. Its really quite simple. Why camp for a spawn you can get 200m away on a common?

If the common was a different colour then the brown would be different again and so would make sense..but it isnt. It is the same. Pure and simple.

Personalities...Beasts gain personality by what we do with them. We create the personalities they have. A Named is no longer the same after Tamed. It is not often that those who tame Madexx Name it Madexx..those that do would retain its inherent personality and to those..Kudos to you..but would you REALLY want every single hunter to Not rename their pet? Your individualism has just poofed. (This is my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl)

There are those rare individuals who will camp someone like Mosh even tho its easier to get the coomon (Why? I really do not concieve of it. Grabbing it because you are passing through..That I understand but camping it? eh...makes no sense to me)

I mean, Yes its cool to say "I have the rare" But really...why spend countless hours on a rare no one but you knows about? For some yes the Brown is awesome..and Great. Im not saying Change the current Brown Madexx...just doesnt make any sense to continue with having it there when it is basically PHing for another colour now.

I personally feel that rares should be different than commons somehow. (So Im glad many rares have been changed)

Now IF rares had something different...like retain the Silver Dragon border...or were 10% larger than common counterparts..or..sometihng....then again it would make sense.

I like my commons as much as my rares. In Fact...as most hunters run around with a rare. It makes the commons "rare" as far as being a pet goes.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

For the same reason people camp Mosh when they can snag a plain orange devilsaur.

Bragging rights.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

malikith wrote:Obviously the point is still being Missed. You can walk 200 meters over and get the brown Madexx skin. Its really quite simple. Why camp for a spawn you can get 200m away on a common?

If the common was a different colour then the brown would be different again and so would make sense..but it isnt. It is the same. Pure and simple.

Personalities...Beasts gain personality by what we do with them. We create the personalities they have. A Named is no longer the same after Tamed. It is not often that those who tame Madexx Name it Madexx..those that do would retain its inherent personality and to those..Kudos to you..but would you REALLY want every single hunter to Not rename their pet? Your individualism has just poofed. (This is my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl)

There are those rare individuals who will camp someone like Mosh even tho its easier to get the coomon (Why? I really do not concieve of it. Grabbing it because you are passing through..That I understand but camping it? eh...makes no sense to me)

I mean, Yes its cool to say "I have the rare" But really...why spend countless hours on a rare no one but you knows about? For some yes the Brown is awesome..and Great. Im not saying Change the current Brown Madexx...just doesnt make any sense to continue with having it there when it is basically PHing for another colour now.

I personally feel that rares should be different than commons somehow. (So Im glad many rares have been changed)

Now IF rares had something different...like retain the Silver Dragon border...or were 10% larger than common counterparts..or..sometihng....then again it would make sense.

I like my commons as much as my rares. In Fact...as most hunters run around with a rare. It makes the commons "rare" as far as being a pet goes.
You can keep wondering "Why?" or you can just go with it.

Some hunters on this forum see rare mobs with the same skin as normal mobs as being a totally different entity just because the mobs have different NPC IDs... even though they look EXACTLY the same.

Don't bother to change how they think... you will not change them.

Personally, I think Blizzard should remove the Brown Madexx from the spawn table and let the ones who have him keep him as brown. I don't get why people get upset over the possibility of the Brown Madexx no longer spawning as a rare, but I think 101% of the people on the planet are insane anyway.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Because I know I'm not the only hunter that if I wanted a bronze scorpid, I would rather camp Madexx than tame the common one. Why? Personal preference. The same personal preference that causes me to not like peanut butter while other people love it. We're all different and have different likes and dislikes, which is why it's probably easier to just leave the bronze Madexx as a possible spawn. There are some people who don't want it, and plenty of other people like me who do. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I see it in reverse actually Rhy. Think those that would sacrifice weeks of their lives for a rare with the same skin as another MOB 200m away is the minority rather than the majority. No offense *bows
malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

OK....so my 3rd time finding Madexx..and guess what? Brown AGAIN.....
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pent wrote:
malikith wrote:Obviously the point is still being Missed. You can walk 200 meters over and get the brown Madexx skin. Its really quite simple. Why camp for a spawn you can get 200m away on a common?

You can keep wondering "Why?" or you can just go with it.

Some hunters on this forum see rare mobs with the same skin as normal mobs as being a totally different entity just because the mobs have different NPC IDs... even though they look EXACTLY the same.

Don't bother to change how they think... you will not change them.

Personally, I think Blizzard should remove the Brown Madexx from the spawn table and let the ones who have him keep him as brown. I don't get why people get upset over the possibility of the Brown Madexx no longer spawning as a rare, but I think 101% of the people on the planet are insane anyway.
Agreed on both.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Here's my 2c:

Madexx Brown, King Mosh, Old Vicejaw, Bjarn, Emberwing, Takk the Leaper, Death Flayer, Scorpitar, Haarka the Ravenous, Soriid the Devourer, Lapress, Krkk'kx, Clutchmother Zavas, Sri'skulk, Rekk'tilac, and Chatter

Wondering what those are? Those are the names of every rarespawn that have an exact copy in the same zone. By your logic, these rares should all just stop spawning because "there's the same skin on a common right there." This is a pretty significant amount of rares that we're talking about here. Some of them only JUST returned too (Chatter, Rekk'tilac). Remember those long camps for Takk? How would people feel if HE disappeared because, "Lol King Reaperclaw has same model in same zone". Look at all the Silithid rares. (Krkk'kx is the returned Silithid Ravager by the way) Each and every one of them has a color copy in their own hive. Should we remove all of them and do more harm than good? Soriid and Haarka were very nearly removed too. Remember back in Cata Beta when those two turned into Colossus bugs? That caused some strife for those that loved the base model. Now imagine if they were removed again! Look at Chatter and Rekk'tilac. People were heartbroken to see them gone. They were overjoyed to see these spiders return to the game. What would happen if they were ripped from the game because, "Lol walk 2 feet and get the common". How about those lowbie Horde hunters that risk life and limb to tame Bjarn? What if he was suddenly pulled from the game because Mangeclaw is exactly the same and is also in Dun Morogh?

To sum it all up....removing rares just because a same-model common exists would just cause more harm than good. Especially with such a significant amount! I'd rather rares stay where they are. Sure Madexx has the little "Multi-color Dream Scorpid" problem...but you WILL get the one you want eventually. By leaving in all these rares, everybody is happy in the end.

That's my 2c (seems like 2g to me lol). I apologize if I sounded mean or harsh in any way ^_^
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Magnakilro wrote:Here's my 2c:

Madexx Brown, King Mosh, Old Vicejaw, Bjarn, Emberwing, Takk the Leaper, Death Flayer, Scorpitar, Haarka the Ravenous, Soriid the Devourer, Lapress, Krkk'kx, Clutchmother Zavas, Sri'skulk, Rekk'tilac, and Chatter

Wondering what those are? Those are the names of every rarespawn that have an exact copy in the same zone. By your logic, these rares should all just stop spawning because "there's the same skin on a common right there." This is a pretty significant amount of rares that we're talking about here. Some of them only JUST returned too (Chatter, Rekk'tilac). Remember those long camps for Takk? How would people feel if HE disappeared because, "Lol King Reaperclaw has same model in same zone". Look at all the Silithid rares. (Krkk'kx is the returned Silithid Ravager by the way) Each and every one of them has a color copy in their own hive. Should we remove all of them and do more harm than good? Soriid and Haarka were very nearly removed too. Remember back in Cata Beta when those two turned into Colossus bugs? That caused some strife for those that loved the base model. Now imagine if they were removed again! Look at Chatter and Rekk'tilac. People were heartbroken to see them gone. They were overjoyed to see these spiders return to the game. What would happen if they were ripped from the game because, "Lol walk 2 feet and get the common". How about those lowbie Horde hunters that risk life and limb to tame Bjarn? What if he was suddenly pulled from the game because Mangeclaw is exactly the same and is also in Dun Morogh?

To sum it all up....removing rares just because a same-model common exists would just cause more harm than good. Especially with such a significant amount! I'd rather rares stay where they are. Sure Madexx has the little "Multi-color Dream Scorpid" problem...but you WILL get the one you want eventually. By leaving in all these rares, everybody is happy in the end.

That's my 2c (seems like 2g to me lol). I apologize if I sounded mean or harsh in any way ^_^
This. I couldn't have said it better myself. These rares, even though they share the same look with common mobs in the same zone, are there for those who love the thrill of the hunt and who yearn for a challenge. Sure, they can grab a common one for the same skin, but what's the thrill in that?

Also, I'm not sure how many others have realized this like I did, but in a way, Madexx's five colors represent the five main dragonflights, and it wouldn't be fair for the bronze flight to lose their buggy representative, now would it?

And to the OP: This is only a suggestion, and I'm sorry if you take it the wrong way, but if Madexx appears before you again in bronze, why not give yourself a personal pet challenge? Tame him and give him a go, you may end up surprised like I was. :) Call me crazy, but he may be trying to tell you something.