Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Cerah »

First, thanks again for all the wonderful changes you've helped come about pets and the Hunter community, Noah! We love you! :hug:

I had an idea regarding Silithids. While Blizzard hasn't yet admitted to any connection between the Starcraft and Warcraft universes, it's kind of obvious that the silithids are at least partly inspired by the Zerg (giant bugs whose hives have weird structures surrounded by Creep, er, purple goop, it's hard *not* to see the connection) Anyway, I was wondering if in honour of Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Blizz might consider a few more Starcraft references making their way into WoW through tamable silithids.

I'd love to have a classic "zergling" style silithid in either a dark red, or dark purple colour, to match the brood colours of Tiamat Brood -- the largest and most powerful Zerg brood in the original Starcraft, and the colour of the playable brood used in the Starcraft and Brood Wars Zerg campaigns. Also, I'd love to have a rare (or quest mob), dark red jorgarmar worm, in honour of Daggoth, the Overmind's #1 cerebrate and leader of Tiamat Brood in Starcraft I. Maybe a new ghost worm named Zasz too ;) (any Starcraft I players know why I said ghost)

And please, if it's at all possible, a tamable hydralisk! Just one! Blizz can always say it got lost in the nether or something like that and ended up on Azeroth, and desparately wants a new "cerebrate" (Hunter companion). I think a hydralisk would fit nicely into Deepholm's Charr-like environment. Besides, we need something else to hunt in there besides Jadefang.

Even if none of these are possible, thanks for taking the time to look at this post. I'm looking forward to Heart of the Swarm!

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Slivers
Realm: Khadgar

Unread post by Slivers »

Well, I've suggested this on the forums many times in the past and will do it here now in hopes and prayers of implementation.

PLEASE let US choose the pet tree for a pet upon successfully taming it!

The irony of being Beast Mastery and having less choice in which pet to use while raiding versus MM and SV is just wrong. Basically, what it boils down to for BM and raids is "Which ferocity pet must I use?"; severely limiting and bastardizing the whole BM talent concept in the first place. The difference of losing >500DPS for using a cunning pet or >1000DPS for a Tenacity pet forces 90% of all Raid usage to the ferocity tree pets. As MM and SV the difference in ferocity and cunning is negligible and therefore, contrary to design principles, offers more true pet choice during raids than BM.

There's nothing I'd like more than to choose a Pet based on my play style, my story, and my BM heritage ... and actually know I'd be able to USE it on raid :D ... One ferocity chimera, please!
malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by malikith »

I agree with Slivers..as Ive mentioned before elsewhere.
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

First, thank yous. Thank you Noah for making Karoma a tamable mob, I was one who though I don't need a spectral wolf but when I got him he captured my heart. And THANK YOU for making a common mob with the Madexx skin. I have a red and as of yesterday, blue Madexx, but I also love green and bronze skins, and I'm just relieved to know I can get the bronze anytime, no fuss no muss. My baby scorpie Yay is one of my great joys!

Now, suggestions....I wish there were tamable hydras too, I love the sounds they make and Zangarmars was such a torture, hydras everywhere but not for me.
Also, I wish there were realistic lynxes. I love the druid-model cats, but I still wish we could bump into a smaller cat with very round body, stump tail and fuzz in the end of its ears. I figure the face could be modelled after Loque'nahaks face. It'd be so cute and vicious!
Also, tameable Dawnsaber. I love the colouring so much! Please!
Tameable Hawkstriders! They are obvioysly related to tallstriders and the colour options would be endless! Put them into Skettis is you want a "suitable place"!
And finally, tameable (probably rare) gemcat! I love the aqua turquoise skin but any colour would be great!

Thank you for listening!

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

:) Definitely want to add to the props for you, Noah. I'm loving my stables.

Shorter respawn timers, please. Especially for high-population servers, camping rarespawns is not by any stretch of the word "fun".

Despite their new label as Elementals, I'm still gunning for Gyreworms. We already got pet rocks with Shale Spiders, please give us one more! I will give you Goblin hugs. :D

Updated lion models in general, I'm sure this has been brought up before. I love Pitch/Humar and Echeeyakee, but the thick, pixelated whiskers and manes are pretty distracting....and to get a lion without that, you have to pull a Sambas camp, see above. :lol: I absolutely love that you made the new Horde Scorpid model available outside of Madexx....yes, even though my Bronze is the "rare". ;) Please consider doing the same for the lion. Just updating Humar or Echeeyakee would do the trick, spare any complaints like the ones "Common Brown Horde Scorpid" brought. Or just take those sugar-dipped whiskers off the old models.

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Make Pterrordax and thunder lizards tameable! There is no reason why pterrordax can't at least be placed in the bat family, since bats have so few skins. Thunder lizards (along with clefthooves) are a no brainer shoe-in for the rhino family, too! Give me this and I can die a happy hunter!
winny
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by winny »

suggestions:

1. Pterrordax
2. Dog like-perky pug?
3. exotic things like slimes back plz, they are cute ;)
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Just a collection of ideas for new families/abilities and pets that could be shoehorned into old ones (with a bit of renaming):

Basilisk - New family, exotic, stun, maybe armor buff ?
Hydra - New family, exotic, acid spit magic vunerability, maybe AP buff ?
Stags/Talbuks/Shoveltusks/Zehvra/Rams/Giraffes - New family, AOE stomp 1 sec stun attack or AOE damage attack
Hippogryphs/Gryphons/Wind Riders/Wyverns - New family, exotic, disarm, haste buff ?
Thunder Lizards - New family, exotic, lightning breath armor debuff ? Stun ? Spell power buff ?
Mana wyrms - New family, exotic, spell power buff, wind serpent lightning special debuff

Pterrodax - Into bats (rename into screechers ?)
Kodo/Clefthooves/Elekks/Mammoths - Into rhinos (rename to something else)
Dimetrodons - Into crocolisks
Gyreworms - Into shale spiders (rename web into acid spit, rename into shale beasts)
Hawkstriders - Into tallstriders (rename to striders)
Marshwalkers - Into spore bats (rename into spore beasts)
Gem cats - Into cats
Phoenix - Into spirit beasts/birds of prey

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Cblaze12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Cblaze12 »

Make blazewing the new spirit beast
That is all

<3
Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Slivers wrote:
I second this.
a Ferocity turtle for pvp would be a wild dream come true

Also a big callout from me:

Please make Lobsters Tameble beasts. crab tree or whatever.
They should be, and I, and many with me, would love to have one.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Griffley wrote:
Slivers wrote:
I second this.
a Ferocity turtle for pvp would be a wild dream come true
Now now, we cant have that, otherwise everyone would pick Sporebat for everything.

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/201 ... pet-video/
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I think it far more likely to say that's not possible because if we could make a Chimera or a Worm Ferocity, we'd be required to use them to the exclusion of any other pet family simply because they have family abilities that actually do damage. That, combined with the damage-increasing talents in the Ferocity pet tree, would make it "Bring a Ferocity Chimera or Worm or GTFO." Which is precisely what the pet ability redesign was intended to avoid.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Tahlian wrote:I think it far more likely to say that's not possible because if we could make a Chimera or a Worm Ferocity, we'd be required to use them to the exclusion of any other pet family simply because they have family abilities that actually do damage. That, combined with the damage-increasing talents in the Ferocity pet tree, would make it "Bring a Ferocity Chimera or Worm or GTFO." Which is precisely what the pet ability redesign was intended to avoid.
I disagree, both abilities have drawbacks which make the abilities not really affect DPS, using it or not... At least for single target. Also, ferocity isn't ahead of Cunning, so the point is a bit moot, as if the ability was that good, Chimaera would be a must have anyways, which they aren't.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Thank you again Noah for the wonderful additions in 4.1! :D

:hug:
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

*Adores Noah right now*
You are my favorite person ever!
New cats! AMG!

The only cats left that I want would be the Riding Tiger yellow/tan skins!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I....do not have words, Noah. For all that I wrote before, nothing seems to convey just how much Chitter means to me. And to Orpheus. :)

<3

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Dear mr awesome lurker

Please change Rhino's normal ability and its exotic skill, as both next to useless for bm and because of the focus cost is too high.

Here is a suggestion

Stampede Special Ability
5 yd range
Instant 8 sec cooldown
Slams at an enemy, breaking their armor, reducing it by 4%. Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts 30 sec.

Horn Toss Exotic Skill
Instant 1 minute Cooldown
Melee range
25 Focus
The Rhino punts the enemy with its mighty horn, knocking them back a great distance

and maybe we bm hunters can have a pet that can fear? cough*devilsaur

the problem with horn toss is the focus cost. Would be awesome if Hydra is an exotic pet can be given that ":)
Last edited by pop on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Blizz really needs to make sure that all skins/models for a mob share animations... While regular corehounds and Kurken can swim, Chromaggus still stomps around everywhere, even underwater.
Image Image
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

i was hoping for gyreworms but now i think that the rare one should be tameable if any of them become tameable....that way it will feel special :)
also im hoping we get a raptor spirit beast this patch if the trend continues which it probably will.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

re casting votes for tameable blazewing and beauty's puppies!!

on the puppy note, everyone likes cuddly little almost-ferocious babies. like the pug!

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3