Choose a random pet for me to tame!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zuilu

Choose a random pet for me to tame!

Unread post by Zuilu »

Title says it all, really. I'm burnt out on my spirit beasts (I have every spirit beast in the game.) And I just can't find anything that clicks with my hunter. I just don't bond with pets very often if ever. I also have Krush, Aotona, Sambas, Terropene, Jadefang, so don't suggest those rares :p

Any random pets that you found clicked with you? Or just the first random pet that pops into your head?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Choose a random pet for me to tame!

Unread post by Vephriel »

Might I suggest taking a peek at the Random Pet Challenge thread? :) Sounds like it might be right up your alley.
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9049
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Have you tried Takk The Leaper?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Thanks Veph, I'll put a post there :)

Tal, no I haven't, I could go look for him now. ^^
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zuilu wrote:Thanks Veph, I'll put a post there :)

Tal, no I haven't, I could go look for him now. ^^
He lives up to his name...and runs around a lot. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

If your a horde character up for a challenge.. Try Death Ravager.. Being in Ali area of Azure Mist Isles for a horde to get to is a fun challenge.. Plus the nice Blue and Green skin is unique.. oh and while there go tame the white Corehound skin..

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

If you like birds, I've been having great fun with Olm (spectral Owl) and Zircotl (White carrion bird) Been playing in the bg's with them and like them by my side.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Azzrazzah wrote:If your a horde character up for a challenge.. Try Death Ravager.. Being in Ali area of Azure Mist Isles for a horde to get to is a fun challenge.. Plus the nice Blue and Green skin is unique.. oh and while there go tame the white Corehound skin..
Could do that, the white corehound is very pretty too ^^
If you like birds, I've been having great fun with Olm (spectral Owl) and Zircotl (White carrion bird) Been playing in the bg's with them and like them by my side.
For some reason I can't stand flying pets. Abandoned my dragonhawk, seagull, owl, Aotona, sporebat, etc. The only one I have been able to tolerate thus far is a red vampire bat. I did go by and tame Olm though to give him a chance, wasn't my cup of tea.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

All of Araela's pets are unique or rare skins for the most part.. except one.

One day, I decided to go around and tame old world rares, just because, and to see if they clicked with me or not.

I had abandoned all of them until I got to Snarler. I had an INSTANT bond with him.

A few days later, I really wanted to make room in my stable for Gezzarak, so I let my little Snarler go.

Afterwards, I felt really bad, but I told myself, "No, this is okay. Gezzarak is a fun tanking pet to have, and you like her so keep her."

A few days after this, still feeling bad and having a nagging feeling to go check, I went to see if Snarler was up. There he was, waiting for me. I let Gezzarak go and retamed Snarler.

I have since made room for Gezzarak again, and am very happy with both of them. Then again, she is one of the first on the chopping block if a new spirit beasts comes out. Regardless, I will be keeping Snarler for good.
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorie

Unread post by Spiritbeests »

Silithid Harvester :D
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Do you have Pogeyan? He's pretty.
You can also try taming a random pet that stands out as something you Just Don't Like, because I actually bond with those ones the best. O.o Springpaw Lynx would be one example. Hated it before, my best bud now.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Do you have a boar? if not, you absolutely must try a boar! They have so much personality.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Grokan
Realm: Garrosh

Unread post by Grokan »

Azzrazzah wrote:If your a horde character up for a challenge.. Try Death Ravager.. Being in Ali area of Azure Mist Isles for a horde to get to is a fun challenge.. Plus the nice Blue and Green skin is unique.. oh and while there go tame the white Corehound skin..
Or a white moth from the level 1 Draeni starting zone. Made the mistake of thinking I had to explore that part for the achievement and was killed about 5 times trying to get in thanks to the ten or so level 90 elite guards.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

Shango, the saber tiger from Sholozar Basin!
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Cialbi wrote:Do you have a boar? if not, you absolutely must try a boar! They have so much personality.
Yes yes, boars are amazing! I particularly love the grey/green felboar, but if you don't like the outlandish look, I'd suggest the armored black boar. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Mr. Perfect
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mr. Perfect »

Have you had a turtle yet? I rather like mine. Then again, Kresh has been stoically scurrying around with my main hunter for the last four years, so I may be biased. :?
Mr. Perfect - A nickname fraught with peril.
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorie

Unread post by Spiritbeests »

Sarayana wrote:
Cialbi wrote:Do you have a boar? if not, you absolutely must try a boar! They have so much personality.
Yes yes, boars are amazing! I particularly love the grey/green felboar, but if you don't like the outlandish look, I'd suggest the armored black boar. :)
Isewhatyoudidthar
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

have u ever tried a worg my first pet was a light grey worg(Gorefang) then i got rid of it for a white worg(Timber)(its also in my sig) i have most of those rares and skoll all i need is krush and Jadefang rofl oh and Madexx have u tried that one?

Edit: u should also try Chrommagus from bwl its a unique core hound skin (first boss is hardest part in all of bwl rofl did it the other day on my rogue and we wiped many times cuz they couldnt keep aggro off the mc and heal the dragon :lol: ) and maybe the razza(not in dm anymore)
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

When you're out questing, why not just keep a stable slot open? That way, if you come across anything, even a common, that appeals to you, you can try it out, and see if it clicks or not.

I was questing with my undead hunter, Lydeea, when I came across the quest to kill the Lone Hunter. I never really gave a thought to taming that worg, but the ghostly, yet not-quite seethrough look of him was really appealing to me. I tamed him, and he's Lydeea's current dungeon buddy :D

You never know what you might find out there. Just keep an open mind and something might just catch your eye.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!