Brown Widow

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Brown Widow

Unread post by Mania »

Cialbi wrote:I'm not sure if this was directed at me, or just people in general who exaggerate the size of spiders in their area.
Not directed at you. The forums I was reading looking for a good description of a huntsman spider reminded me of my ex-co-workers in Massachusetts. They thought an inch-long roach was big too. ;)

Moonlost wrote:We also has a mouse spider on our fence at one point, and I freely admit to being damn scared of that girl when I first saw her.
Egad! What is that thing?! (Besides adorable.;))
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

thats a mouse spider :s Damn freaky looking!!

When I went to saudi arabia I was just happy I never saw a camel spider, that would have freaked me out for the rest of the trip.

my BF really wants to get a Goliath Bird-eating spider as a pet...

and I though a regular turantula was big enough...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

I'm sort of on the edge about spiders. Sometimes I like them, sometimes I don't. I don't like big leggy spiders, but I love daddy long legs and wolf spiders. I once got bitten by a spider on the knee when I was small at my great grandmother's house in PA (went back there a year or two ago and got totally freaked out by a beetle brushing the inside of my knee... thought that was kind of interesting). Jumping spiders and tarantulas are adorable, but even thinking about brown recluses freaks me out -- same with black widows, but I'm more used to them. I'm usually quite interested in spiders, I find them really amazing and cool. I just don't like them getting to close, :lol:. What I'm more scared of are earwigs (long story, but they freak the heck out of me...) and centipedes (millipedes I'm fine with... but centipeds... /shudder)

P.S.
@SgtMakkie
I've seen spiders that look like that in PA, usually under rocks near rivers, ETC. Don't know what they're called, either, though. :\

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Stgmakki, did you look at this site and see if it was there?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?