Need help with armored battleboar

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Apetk
Realm: Shadowsong

Need help with armored battleboar

Unread post by Apetk »

I really am liking the visual appearance buff on the boars in mulgore when on fire. I believe this boar is ok to time b/c it is not likely the blasted land boars where they aura does damage?
Obviously I need a low level horde toon for this so if someone would be kind enough to help me out here?
I just need you to take 4-5 quests (I believe I hit level 3 after doing all the prequests). Then you get Feed of Evil, in which I will tame a boar near this object, and you will use your quest item halfway through my tame.
I prefer a message in my inbox rather than a post, and I'll send you my guild's vent info temporarily for easier communication. I am MORE than willing to help with your tame for this in return as it is 10 minutes tops. Even if someone already offered to help, I can still help a couple more people get this boar.
I have a raid in 3 hours at this time of writing, please send me a PM asap if you can help/need help or post here if I screwed up some information. I am on US-Shadowsong

-Btw, if you don't know what boar i"m talking about, there's a sticky thread for pet info and on the second post there is a thread called Pets with Visual Appearance buffs.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Re: Need help with armored battleboar

Unread post by Cialbi »

I wouldn't make any promises on how long this will take; the PetAbandon method (which I assume you'll be using) is a matter of getting lucky (I've had it work on the first try, and also had it not work for what must have been a hundred or so tries).
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'll go create a character and see if we can get you that boar. :) Will send you a PM.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Heh, just sent a PM myself. I'll show up regardless, in case one of us suddenly has to run.

_____

Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Good luck, and yes you wont get banned for it, there is no harm in the boars appearence.
Vephriel

Aanndd we have success! Only took a handful of tries. :D
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

^ Credit goes to her. Most help I provided was in stopping a runaway boar with War Stomp :)

_____

Vephriel

/highfive for teamwork :lol:
Apetk
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Apetk »

Thank you to Vephriel and Cialbi, who both were present when I obtained the boar!!
I am still willing to help out for people who need this boar for the next 1 and 1/2 hours(6pm PST). If I do not reply to you in 20 min it probably means I am out for the night and won't be back till 3pm PST.

(I currently do not know how to show the image directly on here, figuring that out now :D)
Attachments
fireb.png
fireb.png (324.03 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
zyggie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: lightninghoof

Unread post by zyggie »

I know this is coming a tad late, yet i just tamed this one on my main on lightninghoof. She was soloable at 85 and i think a lower lvl could do it with a haste food but for extra saftey on the speed aspect. Now when i did mine my tame was different than the rest i have read so far with the fact that when the tame beast ended and the 'death' of the boar the boars flames dissappeared as the faded out while running, not dropping over dead. I did no spamming of the rez pet, and it said i had no pet to rez. Cause things seemed different than what i read i logged out to the login screen and i had a little boar standing next to me. i logged back in, saw the pic in my pet tray bar, did the rez and BAM there he was, just like a misted carrion bird. A different technique or just exquisite timing, or maybe just darn lucky? :headbang:

p.s. he is on aggressive when he is rezzed just incase it wasnt mentioned earlier
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Gratz on the Awsome tame!!!! That boars one of my favourite appeance pets.
What was your timing for it around? I've spent about an hour trying to get it and so far, no luck. Tried with and without the macro.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Well, Vephriel would wait a few seconds after Apetk began the tame before throwing the torch, to ensure that the tame completed before the boar underwent its programmed death. I'm certain that he was using the macro. I was kinda surprised at how quickly it went; we got lucky :)

If you're doing it solo, make sure you have enough haste to beat the time it takes for the torch to reach the trough, and the time that it takes the pig to die after being lit on fire.

_____

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

You can easily solo this as Horde or Alliance with no help from anyone else... (the following is VERY important) but you have to be at least level 18 on the hunter you want it on and have two pet slots purchased... and have no pets out or dismissed ... in other words you have NO pets on your character unless they are in the stable.

If you want one as either faction you will need to just make a free 10 day WoW account and make a Tauren... then run through the quests til you get to the right quest.

You'll have to have two instances of WoW running to get this to work so if your PC can't handle that then you will need to ask for help.

The process of taming it is the same no matter faction you are...

Make the "/script PetAbandon()" macro and put it someplace that you won't hit it on accident.

Also, you will need both instances of WoW in Windowed mode, so you can easily see the buttons you'll need to hit on both windows at the same time or at least have them easier to get to fast.

Step One: Position your L.18 Hunter near the place the fire starts, and start taming one of the boars that is by the fire pit.

Step Two: Your newly made Tauren with the quest will need to throw the torch after you have started the tame and it has been taming for about 6-7sec.

Step Three: Your hunter should just let the tame go through and let the boar get tamed. It will then die. You will need to revive it and then DISMISS it... do not abandon it.

So now you will have a boar in one slot with the other slot empty.

Step Four: When another boar respawns you will want to do the exact same thing as you did before (have Tauren throw torch after 6-7secs of Tame Beast) EXCEPT you want to cram on the PetAbandon macro as many times as you can til the boar is tamed and abandoned (or was it)... now go and try to tame another boar (don't try to call pet or revive... just try to tame something) if it says you have too many pets then log out and see if you have a boar on your character select screen... then log back in and Call Pet (if it says it is dead then revive it) and you should have a Fire Boar. If it doesn't tell you you have too many pets and you start to tame the next regular boar (or whatever) just let the tame complete and abandon that pet, but do not get rid of the one boar in your other slot til you have the Fire Boar. You will need to repeat this step as many times as it takes.

I had a little bit of trouble doing this on a realm that had low latency for me, but after I loaded up a few downloads/youtube videos my latency went up and I had no problem doing this after 2-3 tries.

I hope I explained it enough in detail that it'll help someone out. This is the easiest way to get any of the appearance buff pets for me.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
winny
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by winny »

Yes, me and my boyfriend made it , we succeed after the first try.
And the good thing: You dont have to be tauren to start the quest, so just take your buddy and begin the starting area questline till you reach the battleboar quest with torch.
Also a note he isnt just agressive but also has no ability's.
If I am correct you can just fill in his talent tree and the ability's are there in the pet bar, except for 1 ability, it would not be placed there but he that doesnt matter, He is awsome.
Thnx for letting us know about him :)))

greetings from 2 happy hunters
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

winny wrote: And the good thing: You dont have to be tauren to start the quest, so just take your buddy and begin the starting area questline till you reach the battleboar quest with torch.
Yeah, you just need a Horde character that hasn't done the quest yet. The only reason I mention getting a Tauren was it is easier to just start a new Tauren and run through the first several quests that need to be done, and starting a Tauren on a trial account means you wouldn't have to travel to Mulgore with a different low level race just to be a torch thrower.

And btw... Grats on the two new boars. Did you use the method I posted or did you just time everything right to tame right when it died?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
winny
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by winny »

I tamed him with the new method, after 6 sec my friend trows the torch and I had 1 tame. :P
The second tame I did the same and used the macro with the pet abandon.
I also tested him to see if he could be resurrected after he died, and luckely he survived.
I find it soooooo irritating that all the others you can tame on the same way just cant be rezzt.
I spend a whole sunday to tame almost all of the list there is on the other forum, well other than the bugged pet bar they are cool but unusefull, only for show :(
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Bugged pet bar can be fixed. Talent the pet into Charge/Dash, Charge/Dash will fill one of the empty slots. Drag a skill into that slot. Untalent the pet. Rinse and repeat until all slots are filled, and then you can shuffle everything around to suit your fancy.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

winny
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by winny »

;) thats a great finding, ty very much^^
Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US:The Scryers, EU: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Murloc Chow »

K, I've been at this all night, and it's almost two in the morning, I just can't seem to get the timing right, and don't know what I'm missing, do you really spam the abandon pet macro past the tame completion? Do you spam it the whole way through? What about spaming revive pet? I'm going to bed, but if someone could offer any advice, I'd appreciate it. (Or if any Horde on Wyrmrest Accord could lend a hand?) /beg

Artist: Murloc Chow, Medium: msPaint
Neshek
Realm: Sentinels

Unread post by Neshek »

After hours of trying, I had to admit defeat. Nothing was working, unfortunately. :(
Perhaps they fixed the boars in the recent hotfix?