Blizzard Hints that Naxx Achievement Drakes could return

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Keleri
Realm: Balnazzar

Blizzard Hints that Naxx Achievement Drakes could return

Unread post by Keleri »

From Ask the Devs #5: (Emphasis mine)
Q: Will you ever bring back the mounts for achievements that were removed (Naxx Glory runs) as you didn't remove the later mounts? – Joyia (North America/ANZ)

A: This is a tough one. On the one hand, we know there are a lot of players who would still like to get their hands on these mounts. On the other hand, we were pretty clear that they would only be available for a limited time, and we hate to go back on our word because we know some groups went through heroic efforts to get them before the door closed. This is the kind of thing that is not set in stone and player feedback might eventually convince us to change our minds.
How do you guys feel about this? Personally I was ridiculously annoyed that I missed out on getting the Plagued Proto-Drake. There are barely any on our server and maybe one or two have the Black Proto. I would desperately like to see these make a return.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Blizzard Hints that Naxx Achievement Drakes could return

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I've never seen the black proto, and only a few plagued.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Those mounts are amazing looking. I can only think of one person I saw on Suramar riding around on a black one. It would be cool if they brought them back, but I could see a lot of the people who own them complaining if Blizzard did because their mount will lose its "elite" status.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I would LOVE to see them back. I adore the Plagued look, it's my favorite besides the Iron/Rust bound ones, and the black comes close in second. I haven't seen a single one on WrA so far.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

I would love love LOVE to see them come back! I never had the chance to get either of them and I love the black proto! :D
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

They might as well. Things like the Ulduar drakes and ICC drakes got to stay, so why not? They were justified trying one approach at the time, but now that the standard has changed, they might as well roll it back. Those who earned the Exclusive Drakes at the time will be subject to blending in with the rest of the pack, just like those who achieved in Ulduar did. It's really not that big a deal at this point, since I'm sure a lot of those people went on to get Other Exclusive Drakes anyway.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I would absolutely love having them back. Personally I don't like the idea of retired mounts - making a mount seem more "special" because you had to be around and capable of (or lucky enough to) get one before they were gone.

Mind you, I'm not saying this just because I want it all. I own a retired mount myself (Razzashi Raptor), and am really sorry about the fact that a friend of mine never got one for herself even though we farmed the raid together.
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Golden wrote:I would absolutely love having them back. Personally I don't like the idea of retired mounts - making a mount seem more "special" because you had to be around and capable of (or lucky enough to) get one before they were gone.

Mind you, I'm not saying this just because I want it all. I own a retired mount myself (Razzashi Raptor), and am really sorry about the fact that a friend of mine never got one for herself even though we farmed the raid together.
I'm the same way. I have both the Razzashi Raptor and the Zulian Tiger (on different Characters) and would love to see them make a proper return for a number of friends who did not have the luck I did. The new stand-ins for Heroic ZG are nice, but it's just not the same.

On topic, I think I would die in happiness if these Protodrakes made a comeback. The black proto is the dream mount for my old ally DK, I was so disappointed that it didn't stick around. To have another shot at it would be bliss. The percentage of the population that has these mounts is so small, it's ridiculous. And I generally disagree with removing mounts (and other items) just so that the top tier of player can show off.

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Ive neeeever in-game seen either plagued or black (the broodmother in sholazar doesnt count >_>;;) nor heard of anyone who was lucky enough to get one and i loooooove the black one sooo much (i didnt fall in love with the broodmother.... ok thats where my obession did start rofl grrrrs ^^;;)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Basically, what Kalliope said. They didn't remove the mounts from the ICC and Uld achievement. I'm a person who thinks they should either implement them back or just remove all the Wrath Achievements mounts. Not just pick and choose. >> Good thing is I'm already over half way through the achievements for Naxx. XD

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Moonlost wrote:And I generally disagree with removing mounts (and other items) just so that the top tier of player can show off.
Indeed - especially knowing that the top tier of players always means the top raiders or pvpers. What about those of us that are hardcore in a different way? :P
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Kalliope wrote:They might as well. Things like the Ulduar drakes and ICC drakes got to stay, so why not? They were justified trying one approach at the time, but now that the standard has changed, they might as well roll it back. Those who earned the Exclusive Drakes at the time will be subject to blending in with the rest of the pack, just like those who achieved in Ulduar did. It's really not that big a deal at this point, since I'm sure a lot of those people went on to get Other Exclusive Drakes anyway.
*nod* Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

There will always be people who get ruffled feathers over losing a sense of individuality, but I think that, just as bringing back some of the retired pets gave joy to a greater amount of players, being able to obtain some favourite mounts again would be an overall positive decision that I personally believe would outweigh any negative complaints.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aye, don't get me wrong, I would *love* to see these come back. I just don't look forward to the stream of QQ from those "elites" who managed to obtain it when it was relevant. Those are the same people, that as pointed out before, are already in the top tier of raiding obtaining those mounts almost as soon as they're available anyway. Since Blizzard's decided that they don't like the idea of taking these sorts of rewards away, it would be nice to see the Naxx mounts come back, even if they were deemed "too easy" to achieve.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The hardcore people who are capable of gaining these sorts of reward mounts as early as possible will still have their time in the spotlight before others come along later, after the content is old, and get them that way. Achievements are time stamped, so there's always that method of 'proof' to show that they had it first, or originally, or whatever, if someone cares that much about it. I don't doubt there would be QQing from some, but those tears are probably just their special snowflakes melting. ;)
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Sorry, I'm going to disagree. I never got either one (along with Amani bear, headless horseman, etc) and am fine with it even though I'm a huge mount collector. I also wouldn't complain if they removed the Ulduar and ICC achievement mounts even though I'm only 3 achievements away from getting one - but as I've dragged my feet I only have myself to blame if they decided to remove them. There's no reason for everything to be available forever nor to mock the people who did manage to get them... what's wrong with wanting to have something special?
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'd be happy for these to return. I LOVE proto drakes (on Cow I only have 3 green,purple,timelost) and I'd love to get these! I mean the Naxx ones wont be too hard to get now and I'm all for this!
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

The Naxx proto's next to the Red/Green are my favorites :) But I think a Chromatic proto(/cough cowmuflage /cough) would be amaaaazinnng :lol:

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

peanutbuttercup wrote:Sorry, I'm going to disagree. I never got either one (along with Amani bear, headless horseman, etc) and am fine with it even though I'm a huge mount collector. I also wouldn't complain if they removed the Ulduar and ICC achievement mounts even though I'm only 3 achievements away from getting one - but as I've dragged my feet I only have myself to blame if they decided to remove them. There's no reason for everything to be available forever nor to mock the people who did manage to get them... what's wrong with wanting to have something special?
Inherently, there's nothing wrong with wanting something special. But what happens if keeping that something special comes at the cost of denying it to everyone else for the rest of time, despite the fact that they pay just as much to play the game as you do? You're okay with not having access to that mount skin, that's cool, but there are plenty of us who would like a chance at it.

Top tier raiders are rewarded by being able to see content designed specificaly for them. Hard modes and extra encounters which 95% of the regular WoW community will not be able to do themselves for years to come. Ensidia has the chance to playtest raids that aren't even on the PTR, along with recieveing special invites to participate in Blizzard-run events, like the Blizzcon Live Raid. Likewise, top PvPers have tournaments made exclusively for them, those who excel there are rewarded for their efforts with not only with an experience of a lifetime, but with a chance at prizes. Even then, those who don't quite make it to those live events still gain an exclusive title and mount for being in the top percentage.

Yes, part of the reason they have access to that is because they are good, but there are many of us who enjoy the game in other ways and/or don't have the time to dedicate to develop those skills. Is it okay for those people to have no special rewards for their efforts just because they didn't do it first? Just because they're not in that 5%?
And really, if they need exclusive rights to a super special vanity item for the rest of time to feel special, to feel that their actions within this game are somehow more worthy than others who have an alternate style of play, then perhaps they don't deserve it at all.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Couldn't agree more Moon. :) Not to mention, there's a decent section of the population that just wants special shinies so they can show them off in Org/SW and rub them in people's faces.

[/center]
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vulpixen wrote:The Naxx proto's next to the Red/Green are my favorites :) But I think a Chromatic proto(/cough cowmuflage /cough) would be amaaaazinnng :lol:

You wish is my command!

Errrr wait what...? ;)

On topic, I too would <3 to see these return. The fact that the Ulduar and ICC drakes are still avalible kind of moots the point of these still being not avalible. Thats not to say they should definalty be re-enstated, but I personally would love it if they were :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­