Well fellow petopians tomorrow I fight for us!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Well fellow petopians tomorrow I fight for us!

Unread post by Kurenio »

Wasn't sure to post this in WoW general board or this one, but tomorrow I shall go to the official WoW forums. March up to general and post what is my final stand for Infinite stable slots. I have disputed any arguement against this other then "I wanna troll you so no I played in classic and we could only have 3 pets". I'll come back and post a link to the thread when I post it tomorrow.

anyway happy huntin'

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2522435096#1
Last edited by Kurenio on Sun May 15, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: Well fellow petopians tomorrow I fight for us!

Unread post by Redith »

Good luck...but concidering how bad Blizz has been to hunters I dont see them doing something nice
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Redith wrote:Good luck...but concidering how bad Blizz has been to hunters I dont see them doing something nice
I'm really confused... how's Blizz been bad to hunters?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Err....Noah in particular has been wonderful to us, and we did just get our stables multiplied by five. I'm not feelin' the hate here either.

Good luck, Kurenio!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Englishlady
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Englishlady »

Sorry i think your wrong to ask for unlimited storage for pets, i think this will take the fun away, would be nice for a couple more slots but remember the days when we could only store a few? so be thankfull for 25 slots.
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

I dont think its hurts to have a few more, go for it Kurenio! it may not be everyones interest to have unlimited but it is yours after all
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Englishlady wrote:Sorry i think your wrong to ask for unlimited storage for pets, i think this will take the fun away, would be nice for a couple more slots but remember the days when we could only store a few? so be thankfull for 25 slots.
Umlimited storage would not take any of the fun away unless its fun for you to give up one of your pets in which case why do you play a hunter :O

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Well guys I just posted it if you would like to comment on it

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2522435096#1

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I don’t see unlimited space happening ever. The primary reason they gave us 20 stable slots and 5 active slots was because of the changes they made to pets when they redesigned their special abilities. The fact that we can keep more skins was just a side effect of that, nothing more.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Sarayana wrote:
Redith wrote:Good luck...but concidering how bad Blizz has been to hunters I dont see them doing something nice
I'm really confused... how's Blizz been bad to hunters?
Volly-gone
Eyes of the beast-gone
Aggresive pet stance-(soon) gone
Pet Happyness-(soon) gone
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

Oh wow!
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I replied there. As I said, I have mixed feelings on it, but I figured I would reply there and hopefully help get the topic rolling. Best of luck Kurenio! :)
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Sigrah wrote:I don’t see unlimited space happening ever. The primary reason they gave us 20 stable slots and 5 active slots was because of the changes they made to pets when they redesigned their special abilities. The fact that we can keep more skins was just a side effect of that, nothing more.
In all honestly the special abilities were just a reason. When have you found yourself in a raid position going OH I NEED TO BRING THIS CERTAIN PET FOR THE BUFF!? its hardly ever. the only situation I could ever see this in is the core hounds blood lust
Araela wrote:I replied there. As I said, I have mixed feelings on it, but I figured I would reply there and hopefully help get the topic rolling. Best of luck Kurenio! :)
Thank you for the response!

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Tossed in my two cents.

The minimum number of stable slots needed for min-maxing for raiding is around 10, possibly more if you want to run with a special set of exotics. Usually, in a raid, hunter buffs aren't needed to make a difference either way (unless the raid has a lopsided composition, in which case, the raid probably isn't a serious one anyway). They're much more important for 5m instances (where it's not that big a deal) or PvP situations. Usually, no, we're not needed as buff bots. It's very freeing.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I don't think we really need unlimited stable slots. Increasing to 25 from 5 was amazingly generous of Blizzard, and I'm happy with that! Besides, if our slots were unlimited, people would probably just collect pets for the sake of collecting them, leading to large numbers of "PC box pets", to borrow a term from Pokemon.

Out of the pets I have right now, I regularly use only about 6 or 7 of them: Daggoth my jorgermur worm and Asterix my shale spider for my tenacity pets, Deekah my classic pink silithid or Dizzy my pink brain bug for Cunning, and Ironhide my black devilsaur, Torrasque my Chromaggus and alternating between my 5 spirit beasts for Ferocity. I hate to say it, but ever since my bf pointed out to me that as a BM, I should use exotic pets whenever possible, my others have barely seen the outside of the stable.

Yeah, it kind of sucks that Pet Happiness is gone, and I do miss Eyes of the Beast and Volley, but overall I'm happy with the changes made in Cata.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Id just like 5 more slots but nothing more, they've given us 20 free stable slots rather then 5 that we gotta pay a ton of gold for to unlock and by lvl 82 (its lvl 82 right?) we get our 5th personal stable slot for out in the field so we can hold up to 5 pets at a time but theres just soo many skins... so many pretty pets and when you delve into a certain color or breed (one of my hunters has gone all-cat, another one when i begin her will go all-purple) the stables fill up really quickly and then they release more pets that may be in someones list to tame for their theme but then all of a sudden you find yourself with no room and have to make the horrible decision of coming up with what theme pet you have needs to go to fit in that awesome new theme-related pet which can be hard if you love them all equally...

yeah.. i totally play hunters for the pets :lol: the ability to easily solo content is just a really awesome side perk to me xD

i do miss eyes of the beast and volley but im not sad to see pet happiness go, i hated having to feed my pets and when i camp a rare such as time-lost i have my pet out on Aggressive (screw you blizz for planning to remove it, and while 'screw you' isnt the kinda word im feeling right now for having it removed, its the clsoest i can get without swearing >_> the idea was annoying at first to me but now its full rage against it) i had to keep checking back at my pet to throw it a meal so that it wouldnt get so unhappy that it ran away. I would of died if Terrorpene ran away cause i didnt feed him anything cause i was only returning to the computer to ensure i didnt log out.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Cerah wrote:I don't think we really need unlimited stable slots. Increasing to 25 from 5 was amazingly generous of Blizzard, and I'm happy with that! Besides, if our slots were unlimited, people would probably just collect pets for the sake of collecting them, leading to large numbers of "PC box pets", to borrow a term from Pokemon.

Out of the pets I have right now, I regularly use only about 6 or 7 of them: Daggoth my jorgermur worm and Asterix my shale spider for my tenacity pets, Deekah my classic pink silithid or Dizzy my pink brain bug for Cunning, and Ironhide my black devilsaur, Torrasque my Chromaggus and alternating between my 5 spirit beasts for Ferocity. I hate to say it, but ever since my bf pointed out to me that as a BM, I should use exotic pets whenever possible, my others have barely seen the outside of the stable.

Yeah, it kind of sucks that Pet Happiness is gone, and I do miss Eyes of the Beast and Volley, but overall I'm happy with the changes made in Cata.

Well this wouldn't effect you not one bit. You wouldn't be like hunters any more or less if this was put it, but there are alot of people who would like 5 10 15 25 50 more slots for whatever reason. Infinite stable slots just allows it to fit everybody wants for their pets without having to revisit in the future "Ok how many more slots are we giving them this time"

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

'Infinite' however is something that does not exist. Infinite is an uncatagorized number and nothing in this world that we have discovered is uncatagorized. Im not gonna get as far out as talking about the universe cause people can swap ideas and arguments about that for hundreds of lifetimes before an accurate conclusion is made. They need to put a number, they need to put a limit. Nothing in the known world is without limit.

I wouldnt be against it if they gave us an enormous amount of stable slots but at the same time i would feel, if they were to give them to us all at once rather then an occasional 2-5 here, 2-5 there, rather over-spoiled. I only want enough slots to put in the pets i really really want and having a tight limit will help me see what ones i truly like, and what ones need to be booted. Because some colors of pets which are very common themes for some people are being released in the next patch, i feel like the stables are getting a wee little too tight.

There arent any coming out that would make my night elf tame instantaniously but already her theme of all-night elf related pets (ive had to chop a bunch out cause i really dont like em, i dont want to camp them but i do really like em, or a mox of both) has her stables almost completely stuffed full and those are just pets ive planned on taming, i havent even gotten her to the appropriate levels to tame the last quarter of planned pets i have for her and these are pets i really really like, i dont want to chop any of them out but if more that are in her theme are released, im gonna have to chop out some of my much loved beauties.

But id only want a maximum of 5 extra slots, i only want enough to do what i need and nothing more. Since cata hit we've apperently been given 159 new pet looks. 159!!! If that doesnt make you beam with happiness and an increase to stable slots to accomidate our new favorite skins then i have no idea what will (well, actually i do since its the main topic of the thread :lol:)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I don't think they'd ever give hunters infinite stable slots, but I would like "more" because there will be more skins or pet types in the future, even within this expansion. Maybe it would be nice if each major content patch gave us a few more slots, so that as the number of pet choices increases we can pick up new pets without having to abandon old ones. Personally, I enjoy collecting pets. I have multiple worgs for example because I like so many of the colors, but they all have the same specs so I can rotate between them depending on mood, so they all get some use.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

peanutbuttercup wrote:I don't think they'd ever give hunters infinite stable slots, but I would like "more" because there will be more skins or pet types in the future, even within this expansion. Maybe it would be nice if each major content patch gave us a few more slots, so that as the number of pet choices increases we can pick up new pets without having to abandon old ones. Personally, I enjoy collecting pets. I have multiple worgs for example because I like so many of the colors, but they all have the same specs so I can rotate between them depending on mood, so they all get some use.
Totally agree but the "Infinite stable slots" concept is really so they wouldn't have to nickle and dime slots up everytime they added new skins. Granted 100 stable slots would far more then keep hunters happy for a few expansion if you ask me, but like 6-8 years in the future if WoW is still around they stables would once again get filled with throphies and memories of your lovely pets. Even with that many I don't think I could kick a Pet out for a new model. If it wasn't for blizzard messing up the tiny beetle from naxx I don't think I'd have room for a new Fire spider

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!