52%

Total votes: 23

Nevyc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: VentCo

Arctruis needs a name! Vote!

Unread post by Nevyc »

Here's the situation: Over the last couple months I've been race/gender changing pairing with pets to see what feels best. I'm a real stickler for "chemistry", and to say I've struggled finding chemistry on this character is a MAJOR understatement. However, I think I have.

I finally have race changed to a male night elf, and after some thought on what pet I would like by Cyven's side, I decided to give Arctruis a shot. I just couldn't use Gondria. For me a cat and a nelf is to cliche, and I wanted to be anti-cliche. So, no bow and cat for my Nelf hunter. He's using a GUN and BEAR!

But, I digress. Last night was wonderful. I found Arctruis on my first pass ever on actually looking for him. About an hour later, after a couple weeks of coming close, my 2s partner and I cracked 2k with my big bear running by our sides. It's a wonderful match.

Now, I just need a name. I like to name my exotics after American Rock Icons. In that vain and the obvious good fortune Arctruis has brought, I'm putting "Mojo" at the top of my list. BTW-Jim Morrison (greatest front man of all time imo) was often referred to as Mojo.

I have also thought of Ursoloc, which is based on RP. I have a story in the box ready to go involving the rare mob in Ashenvale with that name. This spirit beast would be that mob's spirit and have a connection with my character, Cyven.

Finally, I've thought about naming it my old-main's nick-name, Butha. This name has a strong personal meaning to me, as I have way too many days played as Buthaleirus (hence the nick-name, Butha), but I no longer enjoy playing the rogue class.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Arctruis needs a name! Vote!

Unread post by Quiv »

I am kinda torn between Ursoloc and Butha. I like the story you have for Ursoloc, but at the same time, I also find a strong personal connection to names and pets to be important to.

I finally voted for Ursoloc because of the story. I myself have written stories (well... in my head mainly haha) about some of my pets and that resonated most with me. I find it gives pets a personality and life.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Mojo sounds trollish to me, like just because it's mojo and all.

Also you're from veco? I saw a night elf with arcturis in tol barad earlier o.-

Nevyc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: VentCo

Unread post by Nevyc »

It could have been. As far as I know, I'm the only one running with him now as a Nelf. By chance was it yesterday, Thursday night? And, are you a Tauren BM hunter. If so, I tried to show you some "niceness". After I started shooting you, you just stayed mounted sitting still. I figured you were afk, so I didn't kill you and left you alone. It was right outside the alliance camp.

Oh and thanks everybody for your comments and votes!
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

BenWaBjorn.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Yep I'm a tauren BM hunter. :P Minjoul, and I almost always have Loque with me.

Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

I picked Mojo, just because Mr Mojo Rising said to, and I always listen to him. Butha as a tribute to your old char appealed too though.

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!