Apparently I'm not fit for this game?

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Apparently I'm not fit for this game?

Unread post by Qinni »

I play a hunter for many reasons...

Its a ranged class, cool traps, and taming pets!

When I first started playing WoW my first toon was a hunter and as soon as I found out that I could have different pets I was hooked! So I started to tame any or all pets I could get my hands on. I never cared for leveling or gearing or even for that matter END CONTENT, all I wanted to do was tame pets and on some occasions role play with my guildies and friends.

Today someone told me I could play the game because of what I did, all they could say was, " You are wasting your time and your money. Play something else like Hello Kitty." and this was coming from an all out raider...no big surprise.

Whats wrong with me doing with what I like? Isn't that the point of this game? Doing what you like?

I guess he was upset that I was role playing my herbs away and making more cash than him. >.>

-shrug-

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Apparently I'm not fit for this game?

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bah. Thats the type of elitist prick that you should just ignore. If he harasses you again, report him. You can play it however you want.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

well, you certainly have good eyes! (how on earth can you read that colour of font?)

don't worry about others telling you how to play the game that YOU pay for every month.
I booted two friends in the game because of this very issue.

it seems that I was "wasting my time" by not raiding and doing dungeon dailies.

It's sort of funny, however, as doing what I do, after all these years, I'm STILL thoroughly enjoying the game.
Meanwhile, all these intense raiders and PvPers are finding the game dull and repetitive, and are bored and ready to move on to something else.

Between the two, I'll choose enjoying the game even after 5 years. No burn-out for me, thank-you please.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Sukurachi wrote:well, you certainly have good eyes! (how on earth can you read that colour of font?)

don't worry about others telling you how to play the game that YOU pay for every month.
I booted two friends in the game because of this very issue.

it seems that I was "wasting my time" by not raiding and doing dungeon dailies.

It's sort of funny, however, as doing what I do, after all these years, I'm STILL thoroughly enjoying the game.
Meanwhile, all these intense raiders and PvPers are finding the game dull and repetitive, and are bored and ready to move on to something else.

Between the two, I'll choose enjoying the game even after 5 years. No burn-out for me, thank-you please.

Agreed.

The pvpers and raiders need to do something different then just raid or bgs. If they did what we do best the game would stay fresh for them.

Sorry for the font color...I just love baby blue! >.<

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

I'm a serious raider as well as a pet lover if i had to choose it would be taming pets every time that is all

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Demon
Realm: Veco/Sentinels/Arathor/Other

Unread post by Demon »

<=== said type of elitist prick

It's your cash right? You borrowing money from him to play? Are you interfering with what he's doing by stealing his kills, his phat loots, his epic recipes/mounts/gear?

no?

Then tell the F***er to have a sip of coke and to go F*** himself because you're enjoying playing how you want to play. You're not all up in his face saying he's gotta be cool, nice, friendly, and hug everyone.

Also... I appear to be in a foul mood. Apologies.

Basically, what I'm trying to say. (and I'm being REAL nice) it's your money. Unless you're trolling people, you can do whatever the F*** you want. I know people that just make alts. Thats all they've done. In three years. Not one's gotten over lvl 10. Trust me. If they're fine and happy with how they're playing, you can be fine and happy with how you're playing. If, however, you find you want to see endgame content, come get one of us and we'll be real nice. Now..... if only I knew his name, what realm he was on, and what faction... OH... and had a working account.. DK's kill everything when you know how to use them -.-
Liahna/Night/Ryun of <Petopians>
Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight US

Unread post by Carnacki »

Blame it partly on the way the game has progressed. The three paths of WoW progress are Raiding, Arena and Battlegrounds. In terms of player progression this is the end game. It's the reason (and I use the term loosely) for playing the game in the first place. You play to level to 85 and choose one of the three.

In a way that's good, because there is more emphasis on raiding and raid balance than was in Everquest. In another way it's bad, because the social aspect of the game and playing the game just for the fun of it, suffer.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I've been through similar stuff myself during my five years of WoW as I kept 'true' to myself and remained BM all through the years because thats the spec I liked.I even raided as it back in vanilla and a large part of my guild was fine with it as MC and the like were FAR different, back then it was (to me personally) far more fun to raid when you didnt have to worry about squeezing out xxxxxxx amount of dps, or have xxx minimum item level.
Yes alot of people enjoy the raiding enviroment as it is today and theres absolutely nothing wrong with that .. but .. leave those of us who doesnt alone, everyone is different and should be able to play the way they enjoy.

my 2C
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Sukurachi wrote:It's sort of funny, however, as doing what I do, after all these years, I'm STILL thoroughly enjoying the game.
Yes, I enjoy the game much more whenever I give myself permission to follow my own priorities. Even though the last raiding guild I was in had a rank for casuals like me, I ultimately couldn't stand the 'serious business' attitude, guild perks be damned. :)
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Don't listen to that a$$hole or any other people like him. As several other board members have said, it's your $15/month, play however you like to play. Idiots like him tend to crop up online because they think hiding behind a computer screen excuses them from acting like human beings. Fortuately, the silent majority of people on the net, in WoW and otherwise, are not jerks for the sake of being jerks. Just keep that in mind, and think of all the good things you've experienced in WoW.

Besides, if taming pets is what you like the most in WoW, you're in good company here :)

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

The ones that amuse me the most are the ones who consider you to be 'weak' because you're playing your 30th or so toon you've started on a pve server and you're content to be casual with that toon, and make the basic assumption that you've never played endgame content, nor busted your ass to play that endgame content on a pvp server.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

As everyone's said... if you enjoy it (and aren't hurting other people doing it) keep at it!! What a silly raider. Everyone is welcome to play the game as they please, and if you're having fun chances are you're one step ahead of him already, lol :)

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

There's tons of reasons to play the game. Achievements, collecting mounts and companions, exploring, RPing, hardcore raiding, making money, PvP... So long as it treats others respectfully, no way is wrong!
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

He was just a troll, ignore him, or (and this is just my preference) respond in the same super-vague fashion; if someone's being obnoxious, never give them more time of day than they give you.

Example:

Troll: ur wrong

Me: am never

Troll: yes you are

Me: you know otherwise

Troll: only newbs do that

Me: only trolls say that

Etc.

Childish, sure. But fun. And if it gets boring, /ignore. Usually though it makes the troll angry enough to either form complete sentences with (if we're lucky!) supporting logic of some kind, or else give up and go away of their own accord.
bigbadwolfx
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Stormscale US

Unread post by bigbadwolfx »

Ket Shi wrote:... So long as it treats others respectfully, no way is wrong!
that means he isn't playing right.
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Carnacki wrote:Blame it partly on the way the game has progressed. The three paths of WoW progress are Raiding, Arena and Battlegrounds. In terms of player progression this is the end game. It's the reason (and I use the term loosely) for playing the game in the first place. You play to level to 85 and choose one of the three.

In a way that's good, because there is more emphasis on raiding and raid balance than was in Everquest. In another way it's bad, because the social aspect of the game and playing the game just for the fun of it, suffer.
You said something about "playing the game for the fun of it."

Wait...

You're supposed to have fun while playing WoW?!

I've been doing it wrong.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

pengupuff wrote:
You said something about "playing the game for the fun of it."

Wait...

You're supposed to have fun while playing WoW?!

I've been doing it wrong.
Yes yes you have :O /male belf dance..... wait.... I'm a nelf damn

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Kenni
Realm: Hyjal-US (Horde)

Unread post by Kenni »

I kinda was in the same place. I don't raid (don't have time and too freakin' gunshy/peopleshy). I level my toons, alone (or when I can get my bestie who got me into this dance to help with a friend). I hunt my pets. I solo old dungeons cause I can. I don't min/max. Though said friend is slowly trying to get me BiS'd incase she CAN talk me into raiding with her guild. I've tried MM/SV. I <3 my BM-only pets too much to let 'em go though. And I just don't have FUN with those specs. I was told by everyone cause I'm 85 and "doing nothing" I was "doin' it wrong!" and should just quit.

I did for awhile.

But I missed it. And my friend talked me back into coming back. And I made my alts, I've tried other toons. But I always run into those that think "YOU MUST GUILD OR UR DOIN IT WRONG!". It's the whole reason I don't even have a /trade channel anymore. I've turned off guild invites. I'm happier for it. And I've learned long as I'm having fun, that's all I need to worry about!

So long ramble later, as long as you stay true to what makes this FUN game FUN for you, forget everyone else ;) Relax and enjoy the view!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

well, for myself, as far as guilds are concerned, I've made my own guild, which just hit level 3 (mounted speed increase, yay!).

And you know? I had a blast doing it... on my own.

All my alts are in the guild, except for two that are Alliance side.
And I have a couple of friends who have 2 or 3 toons in the guild as well.
We're incredibly laid back.

As a matter of fact, we did a 4some last night (me dual-boxing, them each on their toons), and did some Burning Crusade dungeons together (their toons are in the low 60's, mine are 85).

Well, it was a LOT of fun.
And honestly, I don't miss not doing the end-game stuff, and not being uber equipped, and all that. I just enjoy doing what I do.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Sukurachi wrote: we did a 4some last night
wait what?!?!

oh a dungeon

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!