The unlovable.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: The unlovable.

Unread post by Lupis »

Ehhh... The only pet I honestly hate is Monkeys. I don't like them at all - I hate everything about them.

I find something to like in every other type. xD

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Isjaki
Realm: Eu-Teldrassil

Unread post by Isjaki »

- Winna's Kitten - sorry but... no way
- Monkeys
- Ravagers... i hate them so much, they look like spiky sausages!
- Demon Dogs / Dogs (don't like their faces)
Neurotoxinx
Realm: Maelstrom (RP-PvP)

Unread post by Neurotoxinx »

I've got to echo Sambas, lol. The mount with this model looks cool, but I think his head looks much too big for his body without armor on. It would have helped his case to have his mane smoothed down into the rest of him a bit better for the pet version.

Can't stand monkeys or gorillas.

There are certain pets I don't want to tame for Tzzak because they don't suit her at all - primarily bugs and birds - but I don't hate them.
Tankperson wrote:1. Devilsaurs (it's just when their huge and able to just walk they look cool you shrink them down and then they run they look really horrible.)
Goodness, this. I love mine, but I seldom use him for this reason. Their scaled down run doesn't suit them at all!
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Yeah removing Monstrous Growth was one of the stupider decisions on Blizzard's part.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Neurotoxinx wrote:I've got to echo Sambas, lol. The mount with this model looks cool, but I think his head looks much too big for his body without armor on. It would have helped his case to have his mane smoothed down into the rest of him a bit better for the pet version.

Can't stand monkeys or gorillas.

There are certain pets I don't want to tame for Tzzak because they don't suit her at all - primarily bugs and birds - but I don't hate them.
Tankperson wrote:1. Devilsaurs (it's just when their huge and able to just walk they look cool you shrink them down and then they run they look really horrible.)
Goodness, this. I love mine, but I seldom use him for this reason. Their scaled down run doesn't suit them at all!
I camped Un'goro when they first became tameable for about 4 hours killing every one I could find till I got one of the black ones. then once I saw them running it was like yuck! I waited 4 hours for this, but on the bright side I skinned a lot of mobs and made a killing off the leather.
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

IMO I think everything before WotLK needs to be re-done. Too many jagged lines and awkward animations. I know that will never happen since WoW has hit its peak and is on its downward slide, but for "Titan" they should progressively update their graphics as the game evolves.

But if I had to pick a few I would say wolves, mastiffs and cats(not saber cats).

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Aeliel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Aeliel »

Winna's Kitten bugs me to no end.
Hunched / saber cats... I tried a lot of them, but the models won't grow on me. Same with the one lioness.
Gondria / Magra / Anhka... I want so badly to like these, but they're the saber cat model... plus Gondria is pink. Bleh. I have a Gondria currently on one of my hunters and I think I'm getting more attached, but I'm not sure... tamed her on a whim.
Bats, Monkeys, Gorillas, Chimeras, Snakes, Dogs in general.
The white corehound. Tried him several times across multiple hunters, no joy.
The exposed-brain boss silithid model. Ick ick ick ick ick it wobbles ick ick ick ick. Do not want.
Non-tarantula, non-lava spiders. Tarantulas are fuzzy and cute, lava spiders are far enough removed from the real thing... the rest of the spider models just creeps me out. *shudder* Possible exception for the crystal spider, but I've not tried it out.
Anything diseased / undead (bears, wolves). Exceptions: the undead hawk and undead boar. Those are cute for me for some reason. o_O
Normal (non-Madexx-model) scorpids. Similar to the spiders in the "too much creepy crawly" vibe.
-=[ Dreams of Iso'rath ]=-
-=[ Image ]=-
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Jäysee wrote:IMO I think everything before WotLK needs to be re-done. Too many jagged lines and awkward animations. I know that will never happen since WoW has hit its peak and is on its downward slide, but for "Titan" they should progressively update their graphics as the game evolves.

But if I had to pick a few I would say wolves, mastiffs and cats(not saber cats).
Depends - a lot of old world was replaced in cata, at a time when some would argue the game was past its "peak", so who knows... also, while it is possible that they won't do another retouch of old world content, I suspect we may yet see one more revamp - after all, it's not like the denizens of Azeroth are going to leave all those towns and cities half-wrecked forever...

If so, that would be a perfect time to overhaul old skins / animations.

One can always hope... :)
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I dont particularly hate monkeys, but the sound they make just annoys the Sh*t outa me! Cant use them because of that. Gorilla ass scratching bugs me, as well as the face.
I dont like mastiffs, but I think thats more because of the whole scarlet hound model change, more then anything else.

Bats bug me to, I think its thier whole movement animation thats just so wrong, especially the ear-thing, you can see it better on the troll druid forms...they really should have fixed that before using the bat model for a playable race.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Saber Worgs. I can't stand the way they look. I tamed one as part of my 'tour of the newbie zones', but I could never get into their skinny bodies and odd sound effects.

I'm also not a fan of gorillas and monkeys. As with others, I was quite charmed by the monkey sound effects, but the rest... I really don't know why I don't like them, but I never have.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Dogs (any), Monkeys, Gorillas, Boars, Crabs, Wasps. <- Yet to find one of these that I can get along with.
I've got a soft spot for ravagers for some reason though. Quite fond of moths as well.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Loque, the anatomy is just so... wrong. While his roars are cool they are loud and get annoying fast.

Sambas would be nice, if his head/mane wasn't so big that it looks like he could fall over at any minute.

King Bangalash. Just... King Bangalash. My hatred for him goes back to vanilla WoW were every hunter had him. He made me hate all cats in game for a long while.

Foxes. I was excited to hear about fox beasts coming in cata and we could tame them, but they have the same ability as tallstriders (and no one can compete for Hahadori's place. NO ONE!), have a creepy possessed looking face, and the moment I heard the sounds they make in combat I would never use mine to fight with. Hate those noises. Only thing I like about foxes is they dance. Give dances to other pets pleeeeeeeeeease Noah. =( *begs*

Finally this skin: Image
He's so ugly I had to tame him on a hunter alt, although I hate the colors. It's so mismatched. I can't see how anyone thought this would be a good colors to put together on one model, then again Blizzard did give us shitty colors for troll druid forms...

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Oh! Thanks for reminding me: I also can't stand most ravagers. Only Grinch, my Death Ravager, has been able to win my heart, and that was only because of his useful abilities and the fact he was my favorite color in the world (aqua blue! CHEER!). I've never been able to get along with Ravagers otherwise, and Heaven knows, I tried!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

No love for Gorillas eh? My poor Numindium is sad now, thanks a lot :(

I don't really like any of the raptors, or netherays, as pets anyways. And I loathe the see-thru spitit beasts, with the exception or Karoma. I also don't like moths, or the silithid style wasps.
Wut?
Kylah
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Coilfang, Shattered Halls, and moar

Unread post by Kylah »

I hate the monkeys, gorillas, and brain-exposed silithids
The monkeys are just so ugly, they're just, ew...
Gorillas' faces are creepy, and when they scratch their butt it's just like...yucky and unnecessary? =P
And the brain exposed is just disgusting

Also, how do most of you not like ravagers? D= I love them ^^
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Wrath-era worgs are my least favorite. They're so gangly and skinny, but the worst thing for me are the jaws. I know it's a fantasy game, but those jaws hang SO far open and just look grossly disjointed. Worst of all, they never close their mouths.

I would also love sporebats if it wasn't for their phallic tails. >.<

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

Mastiffs. Their animations are nasty and their faces look kind of dead.

Sabercats. I don't absoutely hate them, but I'll always choose the smaller model.
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

I hate monkeys, and the Mastiffs

Monkeys I just really can't find anything that I like about them. Mastiffs with their jowls, they just look wonky.

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Konor wrote:Bats - Just...ew. And I like the thought of them but they need an overhaul.
Lioness model like Araga - Again just, no.
Old style crabs - I just can't get into them but I do love the new spikey crabs. GC is awesome with his calming blue color and spikes.
Mastiffs and demon dogs - the way they run is totally WTF?
Dragonhawks, Nether Rays, Wind Serpents and Sporebats - Their flight animation makes me nauseous. The mounts do too.
Gorillas and monkeys - I hate primates :roll:
Ravagers & Boss silithids - Can we say aliens?
Wasps Not a fan of their wings animation.

LOL my list is bigger than I thought. Pet snob. -_-

My exact list lol. But i'd add Gorillas and wrapstalkers to it.
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Bears - I've tried to like them, I think I've tamed one of every color. But for some reason, I just can't stand them. It's not even the pose. It's the face. They used to have their mouths open all the time and I used to wish that they would close them. Then, when they finally did, I think it made them look ten times worse. I don't know how they managed to do that, but they did. I'd much prefer them if their mouths were always open again.

Old-world worgs - There are some lovely colors and all, but I hate the run. I loathe the run. Another thing that bothers me are the floppy patches of fur hanging off the sides of their faces. I mean, what the heck is that? Bleh!

Anything with a "diseased" variant - Just.....ew. I think they look awful. I don't want to see my pets' guts and open sores and all that, that's just horrible! I don't understand why some people find the diseased creatures so appealing. To each his/her own, of course, but I personally don't see the appeal.

Winna's Kitten - I normally love green, but this green/orange combination is just atrocious.

Sambas - Tried to like him, but the mane..... I can't get past the mane. He had some weird graphical things going on on his chest between his two front legs, too. Cannot un-see.

Ravagers - They have some awesome color combinations, but they are just a bit too alien for me.

Loque'nahak - I've had him twice and while he's unique, I do think he's pretty darned ugly. He has an ugly head, an ugly face, and an ugly body. I'm sorry! :(

White worm - looks too much like an intestinal parasite or something. Ewww.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.