Anthriss and Solix server first tames!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Loronar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eredar US

Anthriss and Solix server first tames!

Unread post by Loronar »

Hi everyone! I'm shaking as I write this since I can't believe it happened... I was one of the first few people in the Molten Front overnight, and possibly the first hunter. As I finished the first dailies there, I remembered there were supposed to be rare tameable beasts around, so I immediately searched for them from the guide at HuntsmansLodge.com.

The first I found was Deth'tilac, which was right behind the Forlorn Spire where he was supposed to be. He's quite big and gave me the creeps. I didn't want to die trying to tame him.
Deth'tilac is scary!
Deth'tilac is scary!
WoWScrnShot_062911_032226.jpg (144.68 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Nearby Deth'tilac is supposedly Solix. At first I thought he was above ground, so I couldn't find him. Although I could target him and get on top of his circle on the minimap, I couldn't seem to find him. None of my abilities seemed to be in range.
Where is Solix?
Where is Solix?
WoWScrnShot_062911_032458.jpg (272.71 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
After 5 minutes searching, I gave up and went hunting for Anthriss. He was sitting out in the open, nice and yellow. As I got there, there was a warlock (also Alliance, thank goodness) who tapped it, seemingly intent on killing it. However, she hesitated then backed off, allowing Anthriss to reset. As I scouted the area looking for a deep lava pool (as part of the strategy), she asked if I wanted to kill it. I said no and told her it's a rare tame. After clearing some trash around it, I found the pool and proceeded with the tame strategy. At first I misjudged my disengage distance so ended up a couple of yards away fro the lava pool. I had to back up in order to get the web to fall off. At the end of the tame, my health was at 20~% or so.
Anthriss server first!
Anthriss server first!
WoWScrnShot_062911_033812.jpg (152.07 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
After that, I decided to search for Solix again. Then I realized it was underground in a cave, whose entrance was not far from where Anthriss is, just a bit south. Luckily, the cave is empty. I'm assuming this won't be the case as the zone develops with more dailies. This was a harder tame because Solix is faster than I first thought. I died 3-4 times trying to tame it. The hardest part was trying to find the best pathing so that Solix remains far from me. I managed to circle one of the lava pools in such a way that it was always 180 degrees from me (while staying in range), with the help of Concussive shots and Frost traps. After its focus went to about 40%, I stopped and went on taming him.
Gotcha, Solix!
Gotcha, Solix!
WoWScrnShot_062911_040707.jpg (160.47 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
The path to Kirix is currently blocked off by a large wall of flame, though I can see it skittering about in the distance. I assume this will be unlocked as the zone progresses. Likewise with Skitterflame.

Naming suggestions are appreciated!

I am blogging from 35 yards out, where the view is always better.
Loronar (US-Eredar, Alliance)

Gammaman
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hellscream, Uther

Re: Anthriss and Solix server first tames!

Unread post by Gammaman »

You can get past the fire wall just prepare to die 1 3 times x.x
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

You can completely avoid the wall if you're careful. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

So all these people got double resets >.< sigh hope I get one

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Loronar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eredar US

Unread post by Loronar »

Thanks for the tip on the wall! I actually managed to get trough it without coming back to see your tips first :P I was able to dodge most of the fire by running along the edge of the path. When I died, I had just enough reach to get past the last stretch of the fire. Kirix wasn't my objective, since I don't like green pets, so I left him wandering there. Skarr, however, was where he was supposed to be. The hard part was that I am no BM (no Ancient hysteria) and didn't have potions of speed. As MM, I was able to tame, silence (to interupt his first cast), tame so that I had enough time to complete the tame.
Skarrrrr!!
Skarrrrr!!
WoWScrnShot_062911_050148.jpg (189.74 KiB) Viewed 1096 times

I am blogging from 35 yards out, where the view is always better.
Loronar (US-Eredar, Alliance)