Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I know it's been previously mentioned in this thread, but I'll say it once more: When you are asking for a re-roll after an assignment, please list the entire roll in your post. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Siladria
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Siladria »

Okay, one more:
Name: Siladria
Level: 85
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: No shale spiders. Can't stand the noise they make.
Rares I Have: Nuramoc , Arcturis, Loque'nahak, Ashtail
Zheria

Unread post by Zheria »

I was assigned white moth.
I didn't know this before but apparently there is only one white moth model in the entire game O.o That was an eye-opener for me becuase I had thought I had seen the model before... hmm...
Anyways its Aspatha the Broodmother in Borean Tundra.
And its a Ferocity Pet! :D I didn't know either that moths could be bloodthirsty, so next time I look in my closet I will be a bit more wary ;P. I was kind of sad that it shrunk so much but what can you do?
*Flap*
*Flap*
*Flap*
Acorns >< I grew to hate that flapping wing noise (which is why I typically don't use birds of any sort). However, it attacks very nicely! Loved seeing those giants and worgs fall to the mighty Snowflake (my name for my newly tamed pet). Hoorah! It required the use of a victory companion... Oh that's where I saw a white moth before... It is also a companion pet. It's really cool to have both of these two out and run with them. Even if the pet is by itself, it still looks very cool running (flying? XD). Its swim is okay, I don't know how else a moth might move under water.
Overall its a nice pet, but not my favorite.

Zebragirl's Favorites

Frosty, Spot, Moonglace, Silvertongue, Aegeus

Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

Zheria: your Snowflake is so pretty! I had that moth for a while on Kormai.

Siladria
White Chimaera

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Okay, hi! It's been quite a while, but I'm giving it another shot for the summer. May I have a roll, please?

Okay, one more:
Name: Daranara
Restrictions: None.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Siladria

The Chimera
I failed at naming her. Eventually I remembered to name her Spot. EchnidnaJr is what I named my purple one.
In order to properly do this review, I un-glyphed lesser proportion. I also had some Kibbler's bits on hand... because the great thing about this pet is how huge it is... and one of the awful things about this pet is how huge it is.

It's an awesome looking pet. I mean look at it!
Taming.jpg
Taming.jpg (87.4 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
The good.
- Model - it's beautiful. Big wings, two heads, 3 horns.
- Skin - very pretty... Blue and white are soft on the eyes...
Pretty Chimera.jpg
Pretty Chimera.jpg (68.91 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
though under bestial wrath, it goes PINK.
Bestial Chimera.jpg
Bestial Chimera.jpg (100.01 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
- Animations - Really neat frosty blue fire breath!
swoooosh.jpg
swoooosh.jpg (105.71 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
And frosty lightening shock treatment!
zap.jpg
zap.jpg (92.3 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
- Sound effects - Well... the monster noises are awesome (Grr, caw, <lightening zot>, <frost breath swoooooosh)). But... as with all winged pets... there is the ever constant Flap.... Flap.... Flap.... Not so awesome.

- Tanking ability - meh - i am biased and love only turtles for tanking. I like bears almost as much. Spot was fine with single target normals. I wouldn't take on Problim with her without additional DPS or anything. Or a large number of undead... whoops - maybe i should put on actual armor.
dead.jpg
dead.jpg (48.77 KiB) Viewed 2901 times

- DPS output - decent - cunning pets tend to make up for any dps gap w/ferocity by enabling you do do more dps via extra focus.

- Pet family abilities - The slow and AOE attack make it good for both PVP and PVE.

- Utility
PVP. If I PVPed, this would be my favorite pet for doing it (or chimeras in general). Why? Because look at them. They are huge. I like sending the monstrously huge chimera out to kill/hurt/slow things. They would be good to help slow things if you are kiting (PVE even for there) or chasing.
However.
They are huge. Look at them. Imagine you are a tank or melee dps. and this honking thing is between you and being able to target something.

I mean here is me trying to skin

Bad pet! Go over there so I can skin.
No clicky 1.jpg
No clicky 1.jpg (66.13 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
Here is me trying to interact with an NPC
No clicky 2.jpg
No clicky 2.jpg (50.46 KiB) Viewed 2901 times

I remember when I first got topped out in BM, i was so excited and tamed a chimera. It was awesome. I took it thru half an instance before my tank begged me to replace it with something else. This was a blue and white one, i think. Even with that, I flew around Netherstorm every now and again looking for Nuramoc because Chimera's are so awesome looking. and rarely, during holidays, I PVP.

On the other hand, I took my big two headed pet with me to kill Ahune yesterday, and while one of the melee dps said eeeeek, the tank said "I don't mind, Tidy Plates!" Which is an add on I guess (I don't melee... ever). So you can group with the big flappy, but ask your tank if he or she minds first.
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Siladria wrote:The tank said "I don't mind, Tidy Plates!" Which is an add on I guess (I don't melee... ever). So you can group with the big flappy, but ask your tank if he or she minds first.
Yeah, Tidy Plates is an addon that makes the normal 'v' nameplates look pretty and convey a bit more info. I personally never understood the appeal of them, tried them, didn't like it, went back to the default nameplates. They work just fine for me. Though it's not a melee only thing...I don't know what I would do in raids without my nameplates :O!

Daranara
Turquoise Tallstrider

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Kylah
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Coilfang, Shattered Halls, and moar

Unread post by Kylah »

Mind if I get a re-roll? That scorpid is being near-impossible to get for me :( I've been in 1 Uldaman group that purposefully kept taunting the one I was taming off of me, I can't solo it enough to get in on my own, and then the 2nd group kicked me because they wanted a guildie in ><

Name: Kylah
Level: 38
Exotics: No
Restrictions: No monkeys, or undead besides the hawk...he's ok :D

Kylah
Signature by me ^^

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I totally have not forgotten about my tallstrider report...nope, not one bit. >_> <_<
So my little drae had: Image

Looks:
I named this tallstrider Itty in honor of Roxíe's Clutchmother who bore the same name (the name being one half of the phrase "Itty Bitty" because of how tiny tallstriders are for baby hunters). While the colors on this gal don't really match Nattalya, they are really pretty; nice and bright. You can't see it too well in the screenshots, but her feet are purple and gray, her body is a bright teal, her beak is a beige/brown/black color, her eyes are yellow, and down her throat to her belly is a beige and orange stripe (top middle). Tallstriders as a whole are pretty solid models, although they do have a few low res qualities, namely in their claws and 2D looking feathering (top right, bottom right). The bottom of their beak also has a weird, pointy section (bottom left).

Sounds, Animations, and Combat:
Tallstriders are quiet except for the squawking/screeching noise they make going into combat (it's not as annoying as it sounds). They have two idle animations; the first being where they lift their head and open their beaks (top left), and the second where they look like they get a sudden itch and go to preen (top middle). Their run animation is suiting to a large, flightless bird and resembles an ostrich (top right). Their swim is very amusing, they kick with those powerful legs, but also bob their heads and flap their wings (bottom left).

Tallstriders are a ferocity pet, and as such will put out good damage. They have two attack animations; a left foot lunge and peck (bottom middle) and a more dramatic right foot lunge and peck (bottom right). These guys certainly make for an amusing and fun pet to have around, especially in cities where they are rarely seen.

The tallstrider special is Dust Cloud, an AoE attack speed debuff (note this only works on melee and ranger mobs). Be warned with this though should you take your strider into a dungeon; this special will effect critters and cause your pet to go chasing after them (although I'm not entirely sure if the new stances have "fixed" that issue). This debuff also has limited uses and if you're looking to really min/max, this is probably not a pet you want out in group events unless all other debuffs/buffs have been covered (or if you don't want to care and just want to have fun with whatever pet you want).

When out soloing, especially while leveling up, Dust Cloud can turn your bird into a pseudo AoE tank, but be warned that any attempts to AoE by you will cause the tallstrider to lose aggro on anything it's not attacking (and in MM and SV's case, whatever it's attacking as well) thus causing mass aggro on yourself. Seeing as these guys make pretty squishy tanks as well, I wouldn't recommend overtaxing them while out soloing unless you know you can down the mobs quickly.

Sorry about the wait on that one. >_> I got kind of bummed out with my draenei and started longing for a worgen hunter and I've been working pretty steadily on her. XD

Another roll please, this time for the worgen since I won't be playing Nat anymore.
Name: Ruffley
Level: 33 and growing
Exotics: Not Yet
No Restrictions
Rares I Have: N/A
Honorable Mentions: Dishu

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Kylah wrote:Mind if I get a re-roll? That scorpid is being near-impossible to get for me :( I've been in 1 Uldaman group that purposefully kept taunting the one I was taming off of me, I can't solo it enough to get in on my own, and then the 2nd group kicked me because they wanted a guildie in ><
That sounds horrid!!! I'm sorry people are mean :(

Soooooooo the tallstrider love is coming back yet again...

Kylah
Grey Tallstrider

Tyger (Ruffley)
Blue Moth

Happy hunting :!:

Kylah
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Coilfang, Shattered Halls, and moar

Unread post by Kylah »

I got the tallstrider today! Here is a badly edited review page:
I didn't mean to sound rude/mean with that boring comment...it's just that I thought that particular skin rather...dull? ;) As I said in the picture, something doesn't click with me and plainstriders :| Not sure what though

I'll take a new roll, please!

Name: Kylah
Level: 38
Exotics: No
Restrictions: No monkeys, gorillas, or undead pets other than the bird, please :D

Kylah
Signature by me ^^

Zheria

Unread post by Zheria »

Kormai wrote:Zheria: your Snowflake is so pretty! I had that moth for a while on Kormai.

Siladria
White Chimaera

Zebragirl's Favorites

Frosty, Spot, Moonglace, Silvertongue, Aegeus

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I'd love to do this!

Name: Mindala-Crushridge (US)
Restrictions: None

I already have Pitch and the ghostsaber, but would happily review them too.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Bit of a belated Blue Moth report. >_> Been focusing on the new Molten Front stuff and leveling Ruffles.

Looks:
While the blue moth doesn't really match Ruffley, there's just something so charming and delightful about her. It's kind of funny too since I've never really connected with the blue moth before. Anywho, this skin is really pretty, especially as it starts getting bigger with level. She's nice and soft and fluffy, and the blue is just really pretty, especially with the touches of pinky-purple on the wings. Overall the model is pretty decent as well, the only real errors being in the 2Dness of the antenna and the weird way their legs move on their body.

Sounds, Animations, and Combat:
Moths make a little chittering sound when they go in combat; it's not too loud and pretty cute. They just flap for an idle animation so not much to screenshot. XD As can be expected, they fly and swim along at your side, looking all serene and peaceful.

When it comes to combat, I still don't think these guys look pretty ferocious, but I digress. Moths are ferocity pets which means they have good damage output and make for poor tanks (unless you're BM, then you can use any pet as a pseudo tank). They have what appears to be two attack animations, but they're really close to one another and it's hard to screenshot the difference. They basically just headbutt their target with that horn of theirs, sometimes swooping from different directions.

The moth special ability is Serenity Dust which is an interrupt/silence effect that lasts for 4 seconds. While the moth's silence has one of the longest lockout effects, it pays for this with a much longer cooldown (1 minute). However, one nice thing about the moth's interrupt is that last I checked (which hasn't been all that recently), it would smart interrupt its target (ie, if the mob wasn't a caster it wouldn't use its interrupt when on autocast), however, I've heard some people haven't seen this happening. A moth is probably not a pet you would ever need in a group situation, except maybe very rarely in a 5 or 10 man instance. Their niche would be more for PvP, and even then, mainly against casters. I would probably use one just for sheer adorable-ness.

Overall, I feel that Ruffley will be keeping Cotton Candy for the time being. I may swap her out for a better matching moth later on, but we'll see when the time comes.

Another please. ^_^
Name: Ruffley
Level: 36 and growing
Exotics: Not Yet
No Restrictions
Rares I Have: N/A
Honorable Mentions: Dishu

[/center]
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I promise I haven't forgotten about my challenge. I'll be trying to do it soon, I've just had a lot of other things on my plate.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Siladria

I'm almost done leveling my priest, so time for some more hunter love

Name: Siladria
Restrictions: No shale spiders. Can't stand the noise they make.
Rares I Have: Nuramoc , Arcturis, Loque'nahak, Ashtail
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm impatient and Kormai isn't around so I'm going to hand out some rolls. :P

Kylah:
Dark Grey Worg

::OR::

Blue Demon Dog

Morven(Mindala):
Red Bat

Tyger(Ruffley):
White Cataclysm Crocolisk

[/center]
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Oh! Haven't tamed a bat before, so that could be interesting ... will be back later!

(update) now have the bat (vampiric duskbat from Tirisfal Glades) ... time to see how much I like it! I'm going to do some questing and battlegrounding with it and see how it works for me. And think of a name.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I'd love a challenge for my baby hunter:

Name: Larkania (Tauren girl)
Level: 76
Exotics: yes
Restrictions: already have Arcturis, no diseased pets please

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Larkania
Drak Grey Gorilla

Sorry been busy looking for a job :O