Is this possible? Deth'tilac

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Seiryu

Is this possible? Deth'tilac

Unread post by Seiryu »

So today I logged on and Deth'Tilac was up.

I immediately get into fighting her. It took a few tries of figuring out when to send my pet in and timing traps.

Well I am alliance. And a horde hunter shows up. It's a pve server so no worries. I thought he was actually helping me out. Boy was I wrong!

So now to start. I was the one who tagged her (heck I was a good 20% into the fight, she was a red target to me, not gray).

I get her to 20% in taming mode. Go to dismiss my hunter pet when I see this horde hunter TAMING HER.

How or Why is it possible for someone that isn't in on the tagged group, able to tame it? Is this a bug? Intended?

I wasted a good 45 minutes figuring it out (I knew the relative strat, but doesn't mean it works all the time).

Can I report this? This seems like huge griefing to me.

All in all pretty disappointed and if someone can just steal your tame even though it's gray to them, I doubt i'll bother camping her again.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Re: Is this possible? Deth'tilac

Unread post by Miyon »

He must have been putting out more dmg than you, and hence gotten aggro. I have experienced this when helping other hunters tame it, that I have gotten aggro and have to feign death to send it back to the other hunter.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Seiryu

Unread post by Seiryu »

Yes he got more aggro than me. I had to FD once for her to eat my pet instead of me.

The point is though. Why is someone else able to tame a gray mob that is tagged to someone else? I didn't realize this was even possible.

I'm almost 100% sure you can't do that with any of the older rares.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Gray nameplate has nothing to say. If they have aggro, they can tame, regardless of tag. The gray nameplate only indicates that you tagged it, and that you would have gotten the loot. You can do that to older rares, but they'd get oneshot. So you really can't anyway.

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

I could swear that I read somewhere, something about a bug involving tagging and taming... But it's too early for me to remember where.. I had someone try to steal my Solix tame much the same way after I got her tameable :( The kiting only lasted a couple minutes... but that was after a failed attempt in the morning, and then standing in the blue circle all day to wait for her to come back... Luckily... they didn't have any aggro so they failed...

You could always submit a ticket and ask if it's intended... Or if it'd be considered griefing... Or something else.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Seiryu

Unread post by Seiryu »

Talked to a GM.

They said that taming has nothing to do with being tagged like said above.

Pretty stupid.

I also lost Solix and Skitter today because people killed them while I was kiting. An amazing way to start the day.

Thanks for the responses.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

It sucks anyway. Hope you get the pets soon :)

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Hell, had you been on bloodfeather I would have helped you with the tame. Have homed.. 4 Deth's now. It's fun.

Seiryu

Unread post by Seiryu »

Ya. I know there are many good hunters out there. Just not so many on my server lol!

Had I known you didn't need to have the tag to tame something I would have been more careful. Such as, if I lost aggro. FD at a higher health % and let the other hunter do the kiting/pet killing and try and win it back blowing cds.

The solix one was just a horde druid (who died to it) but managed to kill it too.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

At least you know now, and you have gotten some good taming practice so you know how things work. :) MD to pet works wonders too, and frost traps and concussive shot and an eventual disengage when ressing the pet. Too bad distracting shot doesn't work on the mobs you have tagged. That is a bummer.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

According to two GMs on my server that I have spoke with, IT IS A BUG no matter how many people say its not. If I should have SS'd the convo, I would've, but I didn't think about it. Depending on the GM, I suppose, you can report it is as them exploiting a bug. The person who stole Deth from me the same way hasn't been online in 3 days and he's in a really hardcore raid guild, so I'm guessing (hoping) he got slapped by the 3 day ban hammer for exploiting a known bug.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Demonium
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aszune

Unread post by Demonium »

i had skitter stolen from me. i didnt do any damage to it. all i did was freeze it so its energy would be low enough for me to tame it. however a troll hunter was just sitting waiting for me to get the energy low enough and bam he stole the tame.
Seiryu

Unread post by Seiryu »

I really hope it IS supposed to be that if you tag it, someone else can't tame it period.

I thought it was this way pre cata anyways. I can remember trying to tame skoll (Just a split second after someone else tagged, we basically cast tame at the same time, but she tagged it just before me). And it said something like "That target is tapped, you cannot tame it"

Something like that.

Hoping the GM I got really didn't know. But he seemed to be knowledgeable about the spiders and new rares. The taunt/distracting shot was a nice thing to help with some of the problems.

But really. These are meant to be hunter challenges, nothing more. They should just "Lock" the mob to whoever tags it, and make it so no one can hit it, use cc, interrupt taming etc if it is tagged.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

I sort of cheated by helping my RealID horde friend tame Deth'tilac using my alliance DK to keep Deth rooted, letting her dps away. I would hate to see helpful things not be allowed. This made Deth far easier for her to tame, and I was not doing near enough damage to kill him. I would say any major dps spells not be allowed. Rooting, chains, etc still viable, since ice trap and concussive shot works. They said they would hotfix the taming tapped mobs bug in a future patch, but who knows how long that'll be.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I leave my druid there so she can roots Deth for people. It's hard enough to deal with random questers. Sometimes you need the cheese!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Seiryu

Unread post by Seiryu »

Well Deth spawned again. I was camping Ankha/Magria and decided to check on Solix/Deth.

When I got there, he was already at 80% ish and 2 hunters and a priest (all alliance were attacking it).

One hunter let him eat a pet once, but the rest was just dps. Somehow they had it pingpong in between the priest and hunter with the highest threat.

But that's not all. The hunter who got it, again wasn't the original one to show up. So that's 2 Deths stolen back to back.

Sadly the original hunter "helped" the other because as the other tamed, he kept hitting it, slowing him down for an easy tame. I told him if he really wanted it to stop attacking at this point. Because he wasn't out threating the other hunter and his best bet was to hope deth could get to him and kill him and then try. But to no avail, the 2nd hunter on the scene got it.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

GM's should be taken with a grain of salt. Just because they say something is, doesn't mean it is.

Keep aggro, use a pet with a root (see: trash spider) to force Deth to turn and Strike it.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Ziarre wrote:GM's should be taken with a grain of salt. Just because they say something is, doesn't mean it is.

Keep aggro, use a pet with a root (see: trash spider) to force Deth to turn and Strike it.

Totally this... Some GMs really seem to be not "in the know". I've had some that are INCREDIBLE. But like any job.. you probably have the ones that are of the mindset "It's a job... I don't really wanna be here right now... So let's get this over with". I know that sometimes I've had to submit a ticket 4 or 5 times in order to get a GM that ACTUALLY know what I was talking about.. and know what they were talking about when they responded... heh. Sometimes my response is even as blatent as "did you even read my ticket? Cause your answer didn't even begin to touch on my problem.." I've discovered the "if in doubt, resubmit" method to ticketing in wow. And I'll either get a better explanation as to why the first was right in the first place.. OR.. I'll (sometimes eventually.. after a few tickets) get a real response, heh.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave