Signature Request

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
quietstrm07

Signature Request

Unread post by quietstrm07 »

So, I've been been thinking up an idea for a board signature but could use the help of someone to make it a reality. I was thinking of sort of a "wolf pack" theme considering my hunter is a Worgen named Kïba. The general idea of the signature would be to have him behind his pack, consisting of Skoll, Oil-stained wolf, Lone Hunter (sans sword), and Karoma, to the left of the signature as if they were hunting or about to capture some other beast which is on the right (leaning more towards Loque'nahak). The background I would like is a forest setting like that of Grizzly Hills (one of my favorite zones) or Scholazar Basin (to match with the pet being "hunted").

Here is Kïba's armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... Fba/simple

I'm not sure what armor set for him to be wearing as I'm not as familiar with older sets, but something to match the overall theme of the signature. I prefer the helm to not be shown.

I would be greatly appreciative if anyone would be able to help me in creating this as I am not as skilled with Photoshop and I don't believe WMV works on Mac computers. Thank you :)

Signature created by the very talented Serenith. Thank you very much for all your hard work :)

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Moon Guard US

Re: Signature Request

Unread post by Serenith »

I can try and work on something. Can't really work on it till tonight though. But it sounds like a nice idea so it should be fun. And your right for the most part, I've heard of some people getting WMV to work on a Mac, but it certainly won't work on mine. I have to use my boyfriends computer to use it, and then transfer the images to mine to use photoshop.

But anyways, as soon as I have the chance I will start to work on it!

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

quietstrm07

Thanks Serenith :) I've seen some of your work and you do an absolutely amazing job :)

Signature created by the very talented Serenith. Thank you very much for all your hard work :)

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Not quite sure how I ended up with this... Overall I tried to get you and your pack. Did my best to make them look like their in game "looks" with the oil stained one and of course the transparencies. You mentioned you might of wanted Loque as the right side "hunt" and if that was the case a background of Sholazar Basin. I ended up using that thing (I think its a pillar type thingy, or whatnot) and the sky of Sholazar Basin, instead of a ground theme. Mostly I was trying to do something a tad bit different, but in the end, I'm not sure if this is what you wanted. If you want something different, let me know because I can easily change out the background and remove the pillar thingy ;)

Last edited by Serenith on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quietstrm07

Looks great, just a maybe a couple small changes:

1) If possible, the more forested looking background without the pillar would be preferred
2) Is it possible to have the oil-stained wolf looking more towards Loque?
3) Lone Hunter I believe should be a bit more transparent (I know this is a bit more of a pain because of the see through nature at that point)
4) Would it be possible to see what it would look like with Kïba at the far left, standing and directing the group (either pointing or aiming weapon at Loque) with Karoma (since I'm not sure what poses he has on the model viewer) as the leftward wolf, howling in acknowledgement of the command? Maybe create one with the current positioning and the first couple changes, then one with him standing.

I know these are a few different changes and I don't want to waste a bunch of your time. You have done quite a nice job with it so far and I really do appreciate all your work on this :)

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sure, I can work on it a bit. I won't be able to again till much later tonight (family is in town and will be spending time with them throughout the day).

But yeah I had issues with transparencies on the lone hunter, I can reduce his opacity a bit more, but I was worried about him not standing out, so I tried just giving him an outward glow (I wasn't able to find a ghost version of his color either, so I was afraid of overdoing it. Should be a decent fix, but ghostly things kinda suck sometimes).

There was a pointing worgen pose and it was my first instinct to use, but it was a bit glitchy with shoulders for some reason, so to cope with that I went with this "sniffing" one because it looked more decent without shoulders. With shoulders, both emoted animations (sniff and point) it glitches oddly, and the shoulders become transparent/discolor. Not sure if this is just my BFs computer or WMV itself on the worgen forms. The poses with an aiming gun did not have this problem, but I also didn't think you wanted to look as though you were planing to kill Loque, but more as though preparing to make him apart of the family. I would like to try him pointing, but if you would like him to be pointing, do you mind not having shoulders on?

For the sake of different wolf poses, or for varity for that matter I thought having Karoma howling and the oil stained wolf sniffing the ground would make it a bit more interesting. There is one more nice saberworg pose I can work into it in its place, but it looks far better with Skoll so I might switch them around.

As for the pillar and background those are easily fixable, would you still want an SB picture, or something even more foresty than what SB has to offer?

Apologies for diverting from the forest look, not sure what I was initially thinking when I went with the sky and pillar (I use my own wow screencap as my backgrounds, and when sorting through the SB ones, saw that aurora borealis sky which was a bit distracting to me, it was all like "I'm pretty and you know it, so put me in there!" .... hehe). I had read what you wanted at first, then went off to WMV to get a whole bunch of looks, then threw them into photoshop, played around with them and seemed to remember most of your wishes... up until the background!!! It was a bit late at night and I think it escaped my mind. However, right before I posted it, I reread the part about the forest and was like "Oh shi-" ... but it was way too late at night for me to be changing the background cause I needed sleep, so I just posted it anyways to get your feedback. :D

quietstrm07

I actually kinda like the model of the Worgen without shoulders, so that's not a big deal at all for me. And looking at it a little closer, it looks like the leftward shoulder still might be somewhat glitched in the sniff pose as it almost looks dislocated (a bit lower or the shoulder is smaller than maybe it should be). For the wolves, my two favorites are Skoll and the Oil-stained wolf, so whatever poses / position makes them look best would be appreciated :)

As far as the weapon and hunting Loque part, if pointing works out fine, then don't worry about the weapon. Just wanted to leave a few options open for whatever you thought would look best. Loque is part of my family and probably in my top 3 as far as spirit beasts go (Skoll obviously #1, then a tie between Banthy and Loque).

For the background, I'll see what I can hunt down this afternoon after I get off work. In real life, I love doing a bit of nature photography so I'm going to see if I can get you a cool shot or two from in-game which would really set off the tone of the signature. I may possibly use the area where I tamed my Loque :) For idea though, the following pictures found from Wowhead could give a general idea of what I like:

Couldn't find any from Grizzly Hills that I really liked, but the last two were kinda cool from STV. As I said, here later on tonight, I'll see what I can capture in-game (will be debating between day and night shots). Slowly but surely, the use of the pillar and crystal with your shot is growing on me because of how it pairs with the hunt of Loque ;)

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

quietstrm07 wrote:I actually kinda like the model of the Worgen without shoulders, so that's not a big deal at all for me. And looking at it a little closer, it looks like the leftward shoulder still might be somewhat glitched in the sniff pose as it almost looks dislocated (a bit lower or the shoulder is smaller than maybe it should be). For the wolves, my two favorites are Skoll and the Oil-stained wolf, so whatever poses / position makes them look best would be appreciated :)

In real life, I love doing a bit of nature photography so I'm going to see if I can get you a cool shot or two from in-game which would really set off the tone of the signature. I may possibly use the area where I tamed my Loque

Slowly but surely, the use of the pillar and crystal with your shot is growing on me because of how it pairs with the hunt of Loque ;)
-You know what, you should keep the original thing I worked up, so you can change between them when you want something a bit different.

-Also, I am kinda shocked, now I see how much worse the shoulder is than before. Gosh how could I have missed that? :? Oh thats right, my tired eyes (hehe). I think I like the idea of the pointing much better too, so this might be even better. So no more sniffy worgen pose.

-And no worries, I'll be sure to make your favorites stand out a bit more. I've got a much clearer idea now than last night! :D

-Those STV ones are really nice. But I really like the idea of the spot you tamed Loque.... I think that gives it a personal touch for you, so that could work out just wonderfully. :hug:

quietstrm07

Tried taking a few screenshots for you at the location where I tamed him but don't know how well they'd work for the purposes of the signature. Maybe you can find a higher res version of these shots. Thanks for all your help :)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_072211_230943.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_072211_230943.jpeg (430.56 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
WoWScrnShot_072211_231001.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_072211_231001.jpeg (438.53 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
WoWScrnShot_072211_230922.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_072211_230922.jpeg (413.33 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
WoWScrnShot_072211_230824.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_072211_230824.jpeg (418.1 KiB) Viewed 2767 times

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Take two:

Well, the screencaps you gave me didn't quite blend in well... it was more of an odd placement look. I double checked my collection of backgrounds and saw this nice one of The Regrowth. Its a bit dark, but I kinda think its a bit pretty (kinda want that background myself, I love that new area). Not sure how well Loque fits in this one though. Also, the "pointing" pose was looking really strange with all the wolves for some odd reason (to my disappointment) So I gave you a gun and it kinda gave it some extra flair. He isn't quite to the complete left cause for placement reasons and overlapping he looked better where I put him. :?

Is there anything special you want in the written text, besides your name? You never mentioned that part, so by default I just put your name :hug:

quietstrm07

Yea, when I was looking back at the place I tamed him it was kinda a pain due to not only the hill but the mass number of bugs that would keep getting into the shot. Looking at the current version, I definitely like the wolves and placement much better. The weapon and armor does make it look a little more sci-fi, but not too shabby. The background might be a little off for the use of Loque, but you could always test it out with Ban'thalos just to play around. Definitely liking it though :)

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here is the test with banny, and it looks super nice actually :)

quietstrm07

Wow, definitely looks amazing with Banny in there :) Definitely will be using this version of the signature. Thank you so, so much for all the work on it and putting up with my little changes all the time. You have done an absolutely amazing job with this :)

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

You're welcome, I'm glad you like it :)