GOT HIM!! GOT HIM!! GOT HIM!! GOT HIM!!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

GOT HIM!! GOT HIM!! GOT HIM!! GOT HIM!!

Unread post by Shade »

ABOUT DANGED TIME!! GOT MY KITTY!!!!!!

Sooooooooooooo happy!!!

I've had the hardest time trying to get Skarr.

I started camping him as soon as I decided that I had to have him, soon after the front opened up. Got Karken while logging in one day and spotted him. I tamed Karken mostly to practice for Skarr, though I've gotten attached to that sparkly crab.

Anyways, had to go out of town for a week and a half, and when I returned I started to camp seriously. So much I made myself almost sick staying up too late-so I decided to just take a break and check off and on. But... I get waaaaaayyy too focused on things and it is hard to stop some times (I would call it OCD some), so my 'not camping' didn't work that well, and I'd find myself camping again, though I would work on other things while doing so.

In all the time I was camping, I've spoken to some 30-40 hunters who would run by, camp alongside me or whatnot, from both sides. Some of whom recognized me from the forums here, which is a bit odd. Do I ramble on that much eh? I put each on my friends list, so if I spotted the crab I could let them know if they were on, and so if, after I get my Skarr and see him up again, I could let them know as well. Talked shop with many, and found a number of people who didn't know how to do the tames, so I would tell them how it was done. I would even stop camping to go help others out with Deth-or try my hand at him myself, though Skarr was my biggest goal.

Every spawn I would see would be of the crab, except one, which someone I had taught had gotten. Oh I felt bad then, angry at myself for teaching them, and angry at myself for being angry that I had taught them, it is a game and I should just chill, yes?

So I decided to log in and out at his spawn point. I would check, and if I was doing some web surfing or such, I'd camp with wow in the background while I did other things.

Today I camped for about an hour this way while waiting for the friend and chatting off and on with the other long term campers. apparnetly there had been a spawn about 6 hours before and so everyone was waiting for the spawn again. I gave in when my friend logged and went to work on my molten front dailies. I was in the middle of killing those dogs in the lava flow tunnel place, with Hatsu, my Ban'thalos, when I get a whisper from that one hunter who'd gotten the only Skarr spawn that I had seen. They'd felt bad getting him first before, and I had told them to take him if they saw him, to be fair.. But I had also been pissed with him when he got him-and told him I was angry and had to take a break before I got mean, so he was the last person I expected to whisper me telling me that Skarr was up!!!

Gah the run from the flue all the way to those floating stones my hands were shaky. Tried to make them stop while I changed specs to MM and then started jumping up the stones. Am so surprised I didn't fall to my death as I normally do!!

I get up there, and yes, he really is up! So I tame and just sit there for a few moments in shock. All this time, all those chances, and I finally got him!

I named him Holic, as it is a suffix that "denotes addiction to a substance or activity," which is a pretty darned good description of my determination to get him.

I don't have to camp any more!!!

I know he is just a bunch of pixels in a game, but I was wanting this cat as much as I wanted Loque originally, and Loque was the reason I made my first hunter when I started to play the game!

So yay! And thanks to you guys for continuing to encourage me-both here and in game! And a huge thanks to the hunter who let me know he was up!

/dances
Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Re: GOT HIM!! GOT HIM!! GOT HIM!! GOT HIM!!

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

Yay I'm so happy for you! I'm that undead hunter that shows up and chats every once in awhile :)

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Corpsebryde wrote:Yay I'm so happy for you! I'm that undead hunter that shows up and chats every once in awhile :)
Corpsie!!!! I recognized the name of course. :)

Thanks for talking the crazy wolf and keeping me company up there. :)
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Hehe, again, congrats on your gem kitty. ^_^ I wish you could send one of those access Karkins my way right about now. >_>

Man, I had a false scare a few minutes ago. My bf and I stepped out to grab late night dinner at McDonald's and when I came back, I scrolled up to see that somebody of the opposite faction had been trying to get me to follow them. I thought they were pointing at Karkin so I freaked and scared my poor bf half to death (he knows how much I want Karkin), then I scrolled up and saw that the person had been pointing at Solix. Whew.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Corpsebryde-I'll Pm you the spawn time!

Toph wrote:Man, I had a false scare a few minutes ago. My bf and I stepped out to grab late night dinner at McDonald's and when I came back, I scrolled up to see that somebody of the opposite faction had been trying to get me to follow them. I thought they were pointing at Karkin so I freaked and scared my poor bf half to death (he knows how much I want Karkin), then I scrolled up and saw that the person had been pointing at Solix. Whew.
I've had moments like that. I wish I could send you the crab, as most of the hunters on my server seem to already have or not want him anymore.

Good luck!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Hehe, thanks, Shade. I wish I could've sent you the Skarr that didn't get rehomed so it wouldn't have gotten killed this morning. ._. It makes me even more glad that you finally got your cat. It gives me the warm fuzzies when a hunter finally gets the pet they've been trying so hard for.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

And one of the hunters that I've been chatting and helping out just got Ban tonight...

And she named him after me!

*ish flattered*
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Congratulations! I think you'll be very happy with him; I've been playing with mine a lot, and don't frankly care if people think I'm showing off.
Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

I loved keeping you company Shade...so few decent people to talk to anymore; I just wish we were same faction so we could chat more :( My Skarr (Samhain...I call him Sammy), is by far my favorite pet. I take him everywhere! Can't wait til everyone stops being immature in Molten Front so I can get Deth ( I want her to join my purple/paranormal themed pets). Good luck to all hunters trying to tame their dream pets. I'll keep a look out for you :P

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Woot! I wish Skarr would spawn more often on my server. At first, it was a Skarr spawn-fest, but now the only thing that ever spawns is Karkin. I got my Skarr while he was still spawning like mad, but my BElf friend really wants Skarr and I'm so disappointed that Karkin is all that ever spawns.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Congratz on Skarr! When I got Skarr, I had been eagle eying around for skitterflame, and my friend who was doing his dailies said, "Look behind you". Well, you can tell the story from there. And Skarr spawned, I believe, 3 times that day. As did Kirix, and Cinderweb Brooder (tameable version)

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Corpsebryde, I'll have to get on my horde hunter some more. Kitsune is only 77 but I bet I could level her pretty quick. :)

Sarantha, good luck looking! Hopefully Skarr will pop soon for your friend.

I wish I had that luck meepitco, but I usually have to hunt a long time for things. Did you get the Kirix or broodling? The broodlings crack me up, when you clear you cache come on and summon them, they show up as their mini selves for a bit there. :P