How to deal with "Rare Hunter" guildies?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rathidion
Realm: Deathwing (US)

How to deal with "Rare Hunter" guildies?

Unread post by Rathidion »

This afternoon, while I was levelling my Warlock alt, something strange popped up in guild chat. A warrior from my guild started bragging "Lol, just killed Skarr. Easiest 25g ever. Too bad he didn't drop a rare item".

This bothered me, so I stepped up and explained, nicely, that the rare spawns in the molten front were meant for hunters, and that some of the hunters in our guild were looking for those rares. His response was something along the lines of "Lol. Stupid hunters."

Then I whispered him, informing him that if he was looking for easy gold, there is a market for protection. Some hunters will pay good money (250-500 gold, 10-20x what the tear of loyalty is worth) for protection during a tame. Protection from those of the other faction. I kept it to a whisper because I didn't want to bring drama into the guild, nor seem like a lecturing prat in front of the officers. (The warrior in question is a higher rank than I am.)

Following this, he calls me out in guild chat. "STFU. I'll do whatever the hell I want, so just shut your mouth and watch as I kill the pets that you want." (only with more profanities.)

Is there a way that I can talk some sense into people like this? There are about 3-4 of my guildies who insist on killing these rares to grief other people. Have any arguments worked for you guys?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: How to deal with "Rare Hunter" guildies?

Unread post by Lisaara »

You need to either talk to the officers OR leave the guild.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

Best you can do is contend with them. Impassable wall? Dig under it. Stubborn dog? Slap it on the nose. Slow computer? Hit it til it works. Stupid person? Ignore them.

I've lost my own pet, and have seen several people lose theirs mid tame due to these morons. "Oh, they are trying for something. I'll use my amazing logic skills and defend my reasoning for killing a creature blatantly aimed at hunters and not worth an achievement or any purpose that is well suited to my time!"
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

That kind of attitude (and language--to a fellow guildie no les???) is accepted in your guild? I'd gquit if the officers don't give him a severe reprimand. Seriously, threatening to grief a fellow guildie, that's messed up. :(

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

but... I'm a rare hunter.... I hunter rare pets and tame them :O

but seriously if all that went on in gchat in front of the officers and they did nothing; that is not a guild I would want to be a part of. Any guild that condones grieving and ninjaing I'd gquit in a hurry. I wouldn't want to be associated with those people.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

usually cant talk sense into these types of people. they're everywhere, and best not be associated with them.
yourhero88
Realm: Lightning's Blade

Unread post by yourhero88 »

The best argument you could marshal against someone such as this, is that killing the pet is tantamount to rolling need on a piece of gear against one of your guildies just to destroy it. I can see killing it so the opposing faction cannot have it (on PVP servers this is common) but to not at least ask if someone in your guild is not looking for it is just moronic, selfish, and indicative of a non-team player.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Jessibelle wrote:You need to either talk to the officers OR leave the guild.
^^
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
quietstrm07

Unread post by quietstrm07 »

I've also run into this problem in my guild with a couple specific people killing rares after I've already told them that they are for hunters to tame and that there is no loot that they drop. As my main is a holy paladin, my plan is to not heal a specific member of my guild when it comes to trash as he killed a rare (Solix) and then bragged about it in guild after myself and a couple other hunters had told him not to do it in the first place. Still haven't managed to "let him die" yet on the trash, but I'm holding a little bit of a grudge against him for it atm.

Signature created by the very talented Serenith. Thank you very much for all your hard work :)

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Be careful dragging grudges like that into your raid, Kiba. If anyone gets kicked, it would likely be you. :( Talk to higher-ups about booting him for distressing the guild hunters instead. If he's not an integral part of the raid/guild, your case will be strengthened, since he's not a team player. "If he won't listen outside of a raid, then how can he be trusted on progression?" Etc.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah, in my old horde guild I had one guy who ~loved~ to kill tamable rares and brag in gchat. I even told him dude, I've been AFTER SKOLL and you killed it in front of me? He was like, lol, sorry didn't know. WTF. So I bailed on that one.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
quietstrm07

Unread post by quietstrm07 »

Kalliope wrote:Be careful dragging grudges like that into your raid, Kiba. If anyone gets kicked, it would likely be you. :( Talk to higher-ups about booting him for distressing the guild hunters instead. If he's not an integral part of the raid/guild, your case will be strengthened, since he's not a team player. "If he won't listen outside of a raid, then how can he be trusted on progression?" Etc.
Well, I only choose to not heal him when it comes to the trash in the run, not on boss fights as I know that would cause undue harm to the entire guild which is not the point of the action. He's yet to die, after which point I will cease with this action, but I had warned him beforehand that if he killed it, that I would do this so it was his decision, lol. The worst part is that he wasn't even the one that tagged the mob so he did it purposely to grief the hunter taming it. Worst thing to read in guild chat "That Horde hunter had to be PISSED!" (we're alliance)

Signature created by the very talented Serenith. Thank you very much for all your hard work :)

guntitan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Stormrage US

Unread post by guntitan »

Imagine you finding a world drop or a BOE and you decide to DE it instead of giving it to someone who really needed it in the guild. There are a few BOEs like Unheeded Warning or the throw weapon that rogues need for AOE. There are also BOEs and recipes from firelands trash. Tell him it would be like that.
To learn more about me and my toon please visit DrunkenDwarf.net!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

quietstrm07 wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Be careful dragging grudges like that into your raid, Kiba. If anyone gets kicked, it would likely be you. :( Talk to higher-ups about booting him for distressing the guild hunters instead. If he's not an integral part of the raid/guild, your case will be strengthened, since he's not a team player. "If he won't listen outside of a raid, then how can he be trusted on progression?" Etc.
Well, I only choose to not heal him when it comes to the trash in the run, not on boss fights as I know that would cause undue harm to the entire guild which is not the point of the action. He's yet to die, after which point I will cease with this action, but I had warned him beforehand that if he killed it, that I would do this so it was his decision, lol. The worst part is that he wasn't even the one that tagged the mob so he did it purposely to grief the hunter taming it. Worst thing to read in guild chat "That Horde hunter had to be PISSED!" (we're alliance)
Well, so long as you won't get yourself in trouble, then have at it. ;) Seriously, when you know up front what the consequences will be and still do it....sigh.

Best of luck to the horde hunter in the future! :/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

You can do what my buddy did. Faction Swap and then camp him for hours.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Splaticus
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf-US

Unread post by Splaticus »

MajorThor wrote:You can do what my buddy did. Faction Swap and then camp him for hours.
Haha that's awesome.

And people like this rare kller is the very reason I only play with my roomates and rl friends anymore. Sure I don't raid and not nearly as active as I have been for the years since early vanilla to 4 months ago, but I am enjoying the game infinitely more now. If that guy is a higher rank than you, get out of there.
Thanks to Kurenio for the texted ruin of lordaeron sig!
My hunter's stables:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... t#15849171
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... t#15979749
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Royi wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:You need to either talk to the officers OR leave the guild.
^^
Sorry, but this. I wouldn't want to be guilded with someone who's not only out to get himself a ban (which is what he's asking for) but is also talking to you like that.
Rathidion
Realm: Deathwing (US)

Unread post by Rathidion »

I should clarify my original story a bit. This guy, the warrior in question, is an officer (junior officer, no ability to Gkick) and the only person higher than him did warn him "Dude, take a chill pill. He's trying to talk some sense here."

Gquitting isn't an option, because for the most part, I love my guildies. It's a great environment, other than these few griefers, who in general are only in it to grief horde, and will be helpful for guildies. I do plan on talking with the GM about it, but i sincerely doubt she'll do anything other than maybe give him a talking to. Like I said, I really don't wanna be "that guy" who is a shit disturber in the guild.

Other than that, thanks for all the suggestions! I appreciate the help. I might have to pull the "Got a BoE that someone else in guild could use... Whoops, destroyed it!" but I don't think that that would work so well. He's very much a guy who is not into the "vanity" side of the game, like rare pets or mounts, so to him, destroying those Beautiful Purple Pixels would probably be more injurious.

Thanks again for the tips!
SgtSplacker
Realm: Azshara

Unread post by SgtSplacker »

Best thing to do is cut your losses now. He killed a pet you probably would have missed anyways. I'd just drop and find a guild with intelligent mature people. Retards promote retards because they value their retardrd qualities, that guild isnt for you bro, drop it...
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rathidion wrote:I should clarify my original story a bit. This guy, the warrior in question, is an officer (junior officer, no ability to Gkick) and the only person higher than him did warn him "Dude, take a chill pill. He's trying to talk some sense here."

Gquitting isn't an option, because for the most part, I love my guildies. It's a great environment, other than these few griefers, who in general are only in it to grief horde, and will be helpful for guildies. I do plan on talking with the GM about it, but i sincerely doubt she'll do anything other than maybe give him a talking to. Like I said, I really don't wanna be "that guy" who is a shit disturber in the guild.

Other than that, thanks for all the suggestions! I appreciate the help. I might have to pull the "Got a BoE that someone else in guild could use... Whoops, destroyed it!" but I don't think that that would work so well. He's very much a guy who is not into the "vanity" side of the game, like rare pets or mounts, so to him, destroying those Beautiful Purple Pixels would probably be more injurious.

Thanks again for the tips!
Gquitting is always an option. Like for example...Icebound Raiders....I loved them to death, I worked my ass off for them, guild site and raiding. But there was one DK I absolutely despised because he ALWAYS went after me when the GM and other officers went offline. "Oh if Madexx spawns, I'll kill it." "Good luck camping the dragon that will never spawn for you." "I love killing rares just to make hunters QQ." I couldn't stand him. So after I even gave the GM screenshots of what he said to me....he would do nothing. So I said "Look....I'm gonna give you a choice. It's either a jerkwad who griefs people or someone who actually worked their ass off for the guild. Your choice." and they picked him so I left and ever since, they've not been able to even down the nerfed bosses of BWD/BoT/To4W....and the jerkwad left the guild not too long ago too, ditched them just cause they didnt raid one week(heaven help us people actually have a life!).

But when I left, despite the people I miss dearly, I felt a weight off my shoulders and my conscience was clear. No more stress over retards. I now run A Home For Every Madexx and I'm also an officer of Positive and I'm quite content. We got A LOT of hunters in Positive so griefing is a huge no no(atleast 3 or 4 of them are hunters or have hunter alts).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine