More stable slots? Please? Pwetty pwease?

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Rorcanna
Realm: Azuremyst

More stable slots? Please? Pwetty pwease?

Unread post by Rorcanna »

Hai everyone, I'm new on this forum but not to the game no the hunter class. I'm a HUGE pet maniac and the arrival of Cataclysm let me live out my "taming fantasies". However, with the additon of new rare mobs, I'm finding it hard to both have room for them as well as my old, loyal companions. For example Sesam, the Barrens lion I tamed the first time I got to that lovely zone! Or Fenrir, my first elite mob that I tamed in Shadowfang Keep at level 19 with the help of a friend.

So, this leads me to wondering....does the Hunter community want more stable slots? Maybe we could push Blizzard in the right direction of letting us have expandable stables...the more pets you tame, the more slots, and infinite :3.

I currently have 1 free stable slot, and all the pets I've got are unique rares that I just will not be able to abandon no matter how many shiny new pets are added

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... nna/simple
Lilako
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: More stable slots? Please? Pwetty pwease?

Unread post by Lilako »

Short answer ... NO!
This must be the 50009 post asking for bigger stables, we don't need anything bigger then 25 .... 25 is big enough on its own to have the right pets for any situation. And as always think about how much space it would take up on Blizzard side .... They do need that space for other classes to ya know : / Oh and for new content, drops, mobs ... So on.
Hunters are not the only class in the game Blizzard was really kind to give us 25 slots in the first place I think instead of asking for more you should thank them and maybe make alts to tame any other pets.

And yes I am aware I have came off harsh but Im honestly getting sick of people asking for more god damn [...] stable slots >.<

Moderation note: Please be aware of the forum rules on word usage. In addition, please stop jumping down the throats of new people. A simple, 'hey, we've discussed this a lot and here's some links to ongoing threads' would do just fine. Or, you know, don't read the thread.
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for word usage.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Lilako wrote:And yes I am aware I have came off harsh but Im honestly getting sick of people asking for more god damn [...] stable slots >.<
people have different opinions. clearly

i myself wouldnt mind it but theres no 25 pets you abosolutely must have. if you are having spacing issues go off what you use most. i was collecting all spirit beasts till i learned how much space i was wasting i only ever use loque and karaoma (rarely)
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited quote.

signature thanks to Kurieno
Lilako
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Lilako »

I've managed to have all the spirits and still had 8 slots left over which I just randomly fill from time to time .... I understand there are collectors out there but just roll a alt.
So one Hunter collects say rare one of a kind pets, another collects rares with common models. Or one collects rare cunning pets etc etc.
I do not see why we need anymore then 25 and I doubt Blizzard would make that kinda space when they could use it on oooo I don't know maybe something like letting Locks rename there pets?
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Lilako wrote:I've managed to have all the spirits and still had 8 slots left over which I just randomly fill from time to time .... I understand there are collectors out there but just roll a alt.
So one Hunter collects say rare one of a kind pets, another collects rares with common models. Or one collects rare cunning pets etc etc.
I do not see why we need anymore then 25 and I doubt Blizzard would make that kinda space when they could use it on oooo I don't know maybe something like letting Locks rename there pets?

we dont even need 25 slots, we survivied off 5 for the longest time (4 cause you have to learn the ability) the 20 extra slots were a luxury, why not go overboard? heck if only one is out i dont see a problem with more slots other than people complaining we dont need them, of course we dont but why not?

signature thanks to Kurieno
Rorcanna
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Rorcanna »

Lilako wrote:Short answer ... NO!
This must be the 50009 post asking for bigger stables, we don't need anything bigger then 25 .... 25 is big enough on its own to have the right pets for any situation. And as always think about how much space it would take up on Blizzard side .... They do need that space for other classes to ya know : / Oh and for new content, drops, mobs ... So on.
Hunters are not the only class in the game Blizzard was really kind to give us 25 slots in the first place I think instead of asking for more you should thank them and maybe make alts to tame any other pets.

And yes I am aware I have came off harsh but Im honestly getting sick of people asking for more god damn [...] stable slots >.<
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it of course, but some players don't play with the mindset of "my pets are for dps and dps only and I do not need anything else beyond that"...I'd say a lot of those playing hunters, feel something more for pets then that. And as far as space goes, that's not really a valid argument since only they know how much their servers can take and how much they can fit. Unless they say it's a space issue I don't see the use of speculating in it, and no use for the common player to claim to know wether or not that would be an issue.

We don't need a lot of things in this game. We could get by with one gryphon, one horse, one companion pet, 3 hunter pets and 1 look of armor if we wanted to save Blizzard space...but seriously, where would the fun be in that?

I won't excuse myself for making you feel sick either, because it's so easy to NOT get so worked up over these things. If they did add 10 more slots or even infinite storage for hunter pets, you'd be free not to use it wouldn't you? I also fail to see how stable slots can be retarded....but I'm noticing that's a favourite word of WoW players these days. It's so offensive to just throw it around really.

I'd like at least 10 more slots, even 5 would be great, for future rare additions.

Moderation note re: 'retarded' - Yup, which is why we don't use it here (and why it gets moderated when we do).
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited quote.
Lilako
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Lilako »

Making me feel sick I just lol'ed c:
I don't get worked up I'm like most are getting pritty damn sick of seeing topics like this go make them in one place >.>
And yeah I care about my pets I kept my 5 from back in Wrath I never ditched em I kept em I use them, I still use them I spoil them I make healers CR them ... But I so don't care lawl.
I agree on 5 since 25 seems like a odd number so you could have 5 active and 25 stabled but people asking for loads more when they could easy enough make a alt ... No offence I collect pets to but guess what! I have alts for that! Lilako is pure pvp so why not collect rare pvp pets on her so I did. I have a pure pve hunter and again she has useful pve pets for raids etc. I honestly find 25 to much as it is since when it boils down to it I can collect a certain 'type' and still have room ... I have one alt hunter who has all the spiders and still had room left over for other pets I might later pick up.

Also playing BM yeah my pets ARE my DPS! Also one is my RP pet and another is my PvP pet and I even have 5 for random afking depanding on my city ... Geez I have a sporebat just as I find them cute ... Same with my fox.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Talked about this with a friend in the past, and we had an idea that would - again - change our stables, so it probably wouldn't be an idea for just a patch, more something in an expansion, anyway;

You would still have 25 slots. However now, each slot could store up to x amount of pets, of the same family. They would ALL share the same talent tree. Like we can change our looks with various items (like Iron Boot Flask) we could select which skin/name of our pets we'd summon. for example;

You have Sambas, Skarr and Shadowclaw. They will all have your 'Cat' talent tree (So to avoid Blizzard having to save space for hundreds of talent trees per hunter). Everytime you summon 'Cat' it will ask you which of your cats to summon. If you're in combat, it'll summon the last cat you used (So you don't get the hassle of picking the cat you want mid fight)

They could even restrict the amount of pets you can have per family, it would still give you a little more room for 'show' pets, but not totally blow up Blizzard's servers when someone decides to be stupid and tame a million cats.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Wow... that was a bit hostile of a reply to a new member of the forums... whether the topic annoys you or not, the wording and attitude that came off that reply was definitely a bit more acidic than needed to get your point across : /

Just as your opinion and many others is that more stable slots are not needed, just as many, if not more, would enjoy the option of a few extra pets. Let's put it this way- the 'solution' to 'just roll another alt' is just as ridiculous (in my own opinion, of course-) as having infinite stable slots. If you for a second think a new character would take less room than a stable, well, think about this- bag and bank space, titles, achievements, quest items, pets, companions, tabards... need I go on? Much more info stored for a brand new character than for stable slots containing pets. I would never ask for unlimited stable slots- that would definitely take too much room on the databases- but heftily priced 'stable enlargements' I can see plausible. It works for the Guild Vaults, so definitely a possibility as not every single Hunter playing the game will be willing to save and spend the funds needed to purchase those slots- which is fine for those who don't want them.

I played the game when we could have max 3 pets. I played the game when it was extended to 5 and so on. I have abandoned pets for new ones, gone back to re-tame older ones and released pets as needed. There are pets I absolutely will not release, trick tames that I adore, or pets that mean a lot to me for various reasons. I already had a second hunter, so I did the 'transfer this pet to that alt' thing, but there are pets that I want on my main, which I play. I rotate my pets out so they all get used; pets need a break from battle, and it livens things up by using something different now and then. Honestly, I would be just as happy for no new pets/skins being added as no new stable slots.

If someone really wants pets and would use them all, who are you to say they don't need them? We don't need any more, technically, than the three original slots; that would give us one of each tree. You shouldn't chastise someone for wanting to collect pets to use on the character they play most. It is ultimately up to Blizz to decide which takes more room on the databases. I'm more than grateful for the 25 stable slots, but I, personally, would pay for a few more added, maybe 5 for an even 30, so I have a bit more of a cushion if new skins are added that I might want (Hydras, for example). Will I survive if none are added? Sure. I survived with 3 pets, I survived with 5- but I surely won't turn down the option of a few extra pets to rotate through, since a chunk of my stable are exotics and I can't use them when not in BM.

As for naming a Demon- you are summoning them- basically pulling them into our dimension from their own plane of existence... they already have names. That's like adopting a 10 year old child and changing their name :lol: .
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Suicune wrote:Wow... that was a bit hostile of a reply to a new member of the forums... whether the topic annoys you or not, the wording and attitude that came off that reply was definitely a bit more acidic than needed to get your point across : /
This.
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

Just completely ignore the first poster's harshness, goodness gracious. Not everyone's like that! :lol:

Welcome to the forums! More slots has been discussed many times, but it's hard to determine whether expanding them would be beneficial or not. I'm over the moon about 25 slots personally... But... Honestly wouldn't mind being able to purchase two or three more. Whether it happens or not, it's likely best to make another hunter if possible and grab a few of the pets you're after! It's not quite the same, however.

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I'm going to toss this out there... what's the difference between leveling a new hunter alt and giving the main hunter more? It's still space usage, but meh, I will never understand that debate.

On topic: Personally I would love to see some more slots added, only cause I love all my pets, yep, every last one of em and don't want to remove them just for a new shiny that I can't live without.

And yes, I really do adore all my pets, not just some, I have a huge heart I guess :P
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Would love more, but I don't think it will happen in the long run.

Anyways, leveling new hunters is pretty darn addictive once you get started. I have the four in my siggy-plus two more-that I am working on!!
Julian
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Julian »

So, that's the case.... I plan to play my hunter in the kind of way I used to play when rolled her first time i.e. chasing to tame some very fancy skin, geting some piece of gear if I don't have to go too far from my way, getting some new mount or vanity pet from time to time, doing some quests for fancy rewards, exploring the new dungeons and areas when they come out with some friend and if they are too hard for us after reasonable number of wipes, just ignore them.

What I plan not to do: Enough of that rat race of gearing up, chasing to be 5th guild on the realm who killed LK,..... (insert here the current final raid boss) making tons of gold to buy the best piece of gear, farming countless hours for another one, reforging and regeming everyday, 2 potions per pull, etc. So far the past month passed farming FL to get ranged 378 ilevel (after probably 100 hours nothing droped for me and when it droped finaly i didnt win), after that i spent 40k to buy one lavabolt crossbow from ah. before that i spent exactly 300 hours farming bracers, that buy frikish malchance never droped, neither chimareon, nor ozruk droped them and I had to kill chogall with ilevel333 bracers from some quest reward.

So from now I dont give a damn for gear optimisation and don't plan to spend days and days wiping for progression. If my guild want me for raid, they got to accept that the pet will be not the best buff but my newest pet karkin or my ever favorite strider clutchmother.

Thats game and is suppoused to be fun and I don't need second job in the evenings. I'll try my best to be complete noob, will solo or duo some some content like trash on firelands. And basicaly what is left is not much, WoW is not designed with too casual players in mind. And if doesnt come out more soloable/easy content in future my understanding of quality spent time is finding and taming rares. So this mean for me and other people I know is better if Blizzard come next patch with no more new dungeons and raids, but with some more rare pets and 5 more slots for them in the stable and coresponding stuff for the other classes. I know WoW is no pokemon, but to make it kind of doesnt do harm more if it will keep people playing. Anyway I know a lot of people that play crafting, questing and everything else not conected to raids and haven't seen the cata heroics and don't plant to until they grossly outgear the content.

My 2 cents
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

A short and simple response from me as far as an opinion goes....

If you do not want more stable slots....then what is keeping you from not using them? Dont ruin it for everyone else just because you dont want it. If it was completely changing your gameplay I could understand it, but the case is that its just something other people want, that would have absolutely -no- influence on anyone elses own personal gameplay if they do not want it.

The way I see it, lets not rain on anyone's parade. If it happens, it happens. =P
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Suicune said absolutely everything I wanted to say, and said it beautifully < 3

I would love a few more stable slots, or the ability to purchase them. I would completely understand if Blizzard said "enough is enough", but I do think they need to keep in mind that hunters are very popular - either as mains or alts - and a large reason behind that popularity is that people *love* collecting pets. It's a unique aspect of game play and it amuses everyone in various ways: whether that's because of the ability to bring so many buffs, the ability to camp or hunt out rare or difficult tames, the competition involved in the newest shiny, the bragging rights, or simply the idea (I think) a lot of people, on this forum in particular, of fighting beside a collection of loyal companions.

25 slots was (is) wonderful, but as more and more skins are added to the game, I don't see the harm in Blizz revising this number every few content patches (or whatever) as obviously, in giving us those 25 slots, they have made pet collecting such a viable part of the hunter class. If Blizz specifically wanted to limit us to "buffs", we would still have 5 or so stable spaces.

The difference between having more slots on a main and rolling a new alt is that a) there are some pets that truly do only suit one character and not the other, and b) after a time the alt won't be used. I have levelled up a hunter alt to 85, and now I rarely touch her because I don't really want to play endgame content with another hunter when I have non-hunter 85's to play. Sure, she has the pets there, but I never see them, and as a player who collects pets that I "like" rather than just "trophies", it's a bit pointless to level the alt and never use her - or when I do, it tends to be with the same handful of pets, and not her whole stable, because the breaks between using her are so large that I don't want to shift out less favoured pets. Not to mention that there are many pets that I simply don't want on Tezz that I would like on Cat (for history or whatever: Tezz has no connection to white warp stalkers or red/gold owls, Cat does).

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I don't feel a need for more stable slots, but I don't mind if they are increased. When we had 5 stable slots, I had 5 pets. Now that we have 25 slots, I have 25 pets. If Blizz gave us 50 stable slots, I would have 50 pets. But the fact of the matter is that the more pets I have, the less special each one is. I love all my pets and use them all regularly, but my relationship with them now can't even compare to what I had with my boar Cora and my cat Clarice, leveling through BC when we could only have 2 pets.

And here's a thought for everyone who loves stalking the rare pets: if you have enough stable slots to stable all the rares and then you tame them all, then what? At least now, because of limited slots, there will always be a rare out there that you don't have that you can decide to go after.
Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Unread post by Striv »

I wouldnt mind more slots. I personally have a collection going and yes I love every single one of them. I honestly wouldn't be able to give up a pet for another. I also have 3 85 hunters and they all have pets that I adore (not all their slots are full yet.) I'd like more slots. Even if I have to purchase the slots.
Scarab

Unread post by Scarab »

I'm new to the forums (I read a little here and there but haven't registered until now). Hope no one minds if I put in my two cents. I honestly wouldn't mind more stable slots either. It is very difficult to chose between rares and pets that you've had since vanilla, and pets that are no longer attainable in-game. I had to abandon my "Damaged Boss Silithid" which I named RayLiotta (I miss him so, and his random 'thud' sound) in order to make room for Karkin, and now I currently have 1 slot left (and I had to get rid of my last non-rare to free it), and it is going to be for one of the two new spirit beast casts (hoping for Anhka a little more than Magria, but either will do). I realize that we started off with one pet, then three stable slots, then five, then eventually got our current 25 pet slots. That was a great and happy day for me, but as the life of the game goes on, more awesome and amazing pets are added, and many hunters are collectors. I remember that before this past patch, I had just enough stable slots to accommodate all of the rare and retired pets that I wanted-- there were no more tames left in the game for me, and I was sad because that meant no more exciting and shiny new pets, but happy because it meant to more torture...err... camping... Then they released 4.2 with all these awesome new skins and 'challenge tames.' (Perhaps if they did not introduce any more new, tamable rares or mobs, then we would still only need 5 stable slots. :lol: )

Also, many of the 'rare pets' that have been released require BM spec. Perhaps something that would remedy the situation would be to allot a certain number of stables per spec (and keep the 5 'active' slots as is). Or, as I believe I read in an older post and Comett said a few posts above me, to allow hunters to pay for more slots as we have in the past.

:geek:

Happy Hunting.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Lets put this into perspective there are over 422 tameable beast skins out there. 12 Tenacity pet families, 13 ferocity families, 12 cunning families.
Now thats not to say lets have.. 500 open stable slots, no, what I am saying is that that is alot of tameable beasts to choose and as more and more come out youll have to decide between your beloved pets from vanilla or bc or wrath, those ones you camped for and love to use or the new pets that come out each patch. Sure you can always make an alt but the thing is what if you want some ones on your main, the one you use the most and worked so hard to get gear for but you cant release any of your pets because youve had your hunter for that long and have bonded with your pets.

We dont need a 100 stable slots or even 50 but very few hunters I know only have one beast of a family, usually theres the cat lady or the spider girl who enjoy multiple yet different beasts of the family. Most of them are so widely different (ie cats: lynx type, hunched, regular, saber) its hard to only have one type. And unless your the kind of hunter who just thinks of pets as buffs or dps, you wont be content. Not with 4.3 coming and more and more things popping out of nowhere. Especially if challenging tames are going to be the new thing for rares.

Yes new beasts are so pretty and shiny but most of the time you can create quite a bond with your new shiny pet so as the numbers grow for the amount of beasts out there to tame and new families possibly coming, no matter what 25 wont be enough.

Id also like to be able to have more then 5 pets with me :lol: or being able to easily access a stable would be great to!
Last edited by Sasrei on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!