4.3 info on MMO Champ. (omg clothes storage)

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: 4.3 info on MMO Champ. (omg clothes storage)

Unread post by Slickrock »

Nachtwulf wrote:Define 'long term storage'. And anyway, even if it's something I don't plan to touch for even six months, that's still thousands upon thousands of gold for the initial storage fees. AND I have to fork out thousands just to get it back that one time I want to get at it.

Still too expensive.

In addition, they've said specifically it's supposed to "work with" transmog. So since you've gone to all the effort of setting up a set you plan to use as your trans set, why in god's name would you willingly add 200+ gold to whatever they're already going to charge for transmog, just to grab out the one piece that you're changing your new gear to and then putting it back? It defeats the purpose, unless there's people out there so stinking, filthy rich that they don't even care. Tell you what, instead of wasting your gold on this ill-conceived project, just give it to me. I can use it.
I think their idea is that you can Tmog FROM the Void Storage... that's still a bit unclear. If so, you only really need to pay to put it in.

But yes, it is another gold sink.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Like I pointed out in my previous post, they've said the systems are "completely separate".

Transmog will not be able to 'see' inside Void Storage; you have to pull out any item you want to change to. At least that's the way it's working right now.

And I know it's a gold sink, but at this point, it's one who's price tag renders it undesirable to use for anyone that actually has a need to use it. I don't know about you, but I sure don't have 9,000g lying around gathering dust. Times 20 characters.(or hell, even times 5 characters, which is my current number of 85s)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

i would be interested to know if the costs scale according to character level
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Actually, just because the systems are "completely separate" doesn't mean they won't work with each other. Let's take another look at that quote you had.
You don't need to place an item in Void Storage in order to use it for Transmogrification. The systems are completely separate. They're designed to complement one another, but not require each other.
Now, "you don't need to place an item in Void Storage to use it for Transmogrification". That's pretty straight forward. And, if we skip the next sentence, it's still straight forward. You don't have to have something in Void Storage to Transmogrify it. Basically it's the same thing that they were saying before. However, the important point that you're missing is that these things are "designed to complement one another". They wouldn't be able to complement each other at all if you couldn't Transmogrify from Void Storage.

I think the sentence "the systems are completely separate" is what's confusing you.(:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog