The Rehoming Room

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Re: The Rehoming Room

Unread post by meepitco »

Yay for better taming day?
This is gonna sound...Different..but
I rehomed a Ironhide Devilsaur in my search for the elusive white one...

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I was kitty nomnoms for Dethy....XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Helped home kirix yesterday. I had been sitting up there for a bit enjoying the show but decided to find him an actual home after a bit. The troll hunter that tamed him tried to tip me but meh, I had a good time watching him eat people so I turned it down.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Rehomed Deth. Ran past his spot doing Wardens dailies, the scanner goes off, so I hit up the channel and someone really wants him and rushes over. I log on my alliance DK to help with roots and army/ghoul deaths. The hunter taming him makes a few rude emotes at me until I get a Real ID friend to tell him who I am and that I am helping, not ganking. He eventually tames the purple people eater and /thanks my alliance toon and does a /sorry for the rude emotes earlier. I log back into horde and he apologizes for being rude, saying he didn't realize it was me. I just grats him and say that not all alliance are dicks, so keep that in mind! He agrees and runs off with his purple guy.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Another RareCampers rehome. Solix was up, saw it on my scanner, told the channel, some troll hunter decides she wants him. I log to my druid to root Solix for her. She dies first because she doesn't know to run the eff away. I emote and pantomine running away and backing up and stuff and she finally gets it and runs like heck when she pulls Solix next time. I root him when she's far enough away. We let his energy drop until the buff drops, she tames him easily. Solix sits in roots, totally confused, the entire time. Yay for confusing spiders with roots!
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Well, I was camping Terrorpene for my tauren hunter, and got REALLY bored. So I decided to log on to Feralclaw, and check the Molten Front for rares. So, Deth was up, and there was an undead hunter kiting him. But not for the pet. He was kiting him to Malfurion's Breach. This is the first time I EVER saw someone attempt to do this. Well, I started grabbing aggro on Deth, 'cause I don't want him to die... He's my fav Molten Front tame! Then when he was attacking me, I started kiting him back to his home, where he reset. Then I started to find a home for him. After several minutes I find this night elf who wants him. We try and fail several times, and then a dwarf hunter from her guild came in to help. Now, with 3 pets getting his hp down was really easy, but during the time we were bringing his hp down, a DK arrived. He was Horde, and I couldn't talk to him, so I got kinda nervous. But after he got 1-shotted the DK left us alone. Thank you, blood elf death knight! You know who you are! And when Deth was at tameable health, the night elf backed off, and started the tame. I got really nervous but she managed to make it by a second or so. She thanked me, and I asked to take a picture with her to post here. :D Here it is!
Attachments
Yay purple spider squad! >:D
Yay purple spider squad! >:D
WoWScrnShot_082611_071037.jpg (212.84 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Ban'thalos. Was doing dailies, went to turn my quest in and he popped up on my scanner. Literally no one else was in the area trying to tame him or even gank him (shocker for Runetotem people) so I tell the channel. Some hunter responds almost immediately with a "OMG ME PLZ" so I invite him and summon him (I landed on the tree top with ease and he was unable to do so, so I had to summon him up there) and he drops a trap, flies up, tags Ban, drops back down, and tames easily. Yay RareCampers!
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Moon Guard US

Unread post by Serenith »

Not 20 minutes after I tamed Kirix did NPC scan go off for Solix. I didn't want him cause he is orange, but he sure is special. I saw a fellow hunter looking around for him (Not aware of the cave) So I told him where to go and showed him where he was. He died twice cause he didn't know how to tame him. So I helpped him out, told him what to do and threw some concussive shots his way to help kite around. He is now the proud owner of a awesome spider, and it was his first MF tame too.

He also didn't realize that Deth can in fact be tamed! (I think he musta just came back from a break or something cause he barely knew anything about the 4.2 tames.) He was telling me he tried to kill it earlier today and ended up dying, but said how 4 hordies successfully killed it. I asked him why would he want to kill it and he said "Its cause you can't tame him"... :shock: I told him he was mistaken, and then told him the process. He thanked me yet again, cause he actually wanted Deth, and now next time he will know what to do.

I'm so happy Solix could find a nice home :)

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

so today i was on my main hunter. saw that anthiss was up...and i got some guy out ther to tame her. i pulled her to the lava pool FD and he hit tame and he got her! yay!

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Solix was up again today, and waited around until a hunter showed, cause no one responded to my whispers *sad face* (The hunter I helped with Solix yesterday was there too, but he didn't need another). A horde hunter showed up eventually.... In fact the same horde hunter that I tried to help with a Terrorpene tame about a month ago! (He was running around with Terrorpene now when he saw Solix, so I assume he figured it out, since he lost it that day. He died many times, and then an orc tamed it.) But he scared me at first cause I was afraid he wouldn't know what to do (Like with Terrorpene, but he was 82 at the time so perhaps it was just his level). He started kiting by throwing down a trap, and shooting off a CS and he was off. I helped him out a bit throwing some extra concussive shots at Solix. When the buff wore off he started to tame. Solix nearly killed him when he was taming, but it completed just in time. We bowed before each other, and I felt so happy cause this time around I got to see him tame and succeed, instead of tame and fail.

So congrats Mr. Tauren hunter! You deserved it!! :)

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

And I rehomed Skarr! I was hanging out by the rocks, hopping on them and dying when I saw a red beast dot pop up in the typical Karkin spot, but the name was Skarr.... (Mind you I noticed this as I fell to my death) and was like, "oh well... I shouldn't care cause I already have him. I have no clue if it was him or a hordie using that name for their pet, trying to be evil." I mean it was Karkin's spot, and I thought Skarr just spawned on one rock or something. Then I rezzed and noticed that this belf was standing near the normal Skarr spot. I looked at him, and then went over to where I saw the Skarr dot on my map. It was him, the real deal sitting on Karkin's rock! So I went over to the belf and /beckon/poke/anything to get his attention. I finally did and he followed me. But ack! A tauren hunter was already there trying to tame it. But then he died. So I thought hey, this belf has a shot now. But then he failed too! Oh gosh, does anyone know about SS? Guess not, so I log over to Saelisa, my belf priest and whisper to him "Silencing Shot!" And quickly log back to Neyaari. No one was there except Skarr.... I thought perhaps they both gave up. But I was wrong, cause they both came back. And then they tried and failed again, almost killing me in the process! *shakes fist at Skarr* So I switch specs, (to my empty spec, and throw points up to SS... guess I should just keep it like that now) and the next hunter to try and tame (Which turned out to be the belf) got my assistance, and he got him.

Still I didn't expect to see Skarr on that rock....
its him!.png
its him!.png (836.34 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
on karkin's rock.png
on karkin's rock.png (645.32 KiB) Viewed 2700 times

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

On my way to do a run for the Blue Proto-Drake, I decided to fly over Arcturis's spawn point. And he was up! I helped the closest BM hunter (I must've whispered like 5 hunters before that, that all answered "no I'm MM" O_o) she tames him and flys off with a thanks.

Next day. I fly over his spawn point again on my way to do a BPD run, and again he's up. This time I only had to whisper 3 people (guess what, 2 were MM :P). The BM hunter answers "YES!!" she comes and tames him, and procceeds to go "Thank you!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!" and wish be luck on my BPD until I leave. O_o well at least she was grateful :lol:

Hopefully my luck with rare pets will rub off on mounts.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Ban'thalos again. I was bored, so I just landed on his tree for about 10 minutes, and boom, he actually SPAWNED in that short time I was sitting there out of boredom. I alert the channel. NO ONE wants him. So I ask in general. No one wants him. Some dumbass horde druid tried killing him, but died to fall damage (somehow, he thought he could survive a fall from that high up). Eventually, a guy logs into the channel that I KNOW doesn't have Ban, so I immediately whisper him and summon him to me. He flies up, tags Ban, drops down, and lands on my tree. Ban gets caught in one of our traps, and he tames him with ease. Yay for Ban not dying to some dumbass and getting a good home! This hunter named his Ban'thalos Sarantha. Thats about 15 Sarantha's on my server, I think. :D
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

woot got to rehome a wayward Karoma tonight. i was a bit irritated at first, randomly running into something i camped a long time for, but rehoming it instead of someone killing it made it better.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Could not for the life of me find Karoma a home after 2 hours of sitting there hovering above him, watching him walk around. He was obviously very sad and unwanted, and I felt bad for him. I released a pet I dislike and never use (Jadefang) and tamed a second Karoma. I just couldn't kill him for his tear. I love spectral wolves. I had asked literally every hunter in my channel and every hunter in TwiHi. At least he'll get love from me! I rehomed Karoma to me. I now have two spectral beauties. I can't believe no one wanted this adorable wolf. =(

Ignore the Hyjal bear cub sitting there like its just waiting to be eaten. Poor, poor unwanted, unloved Karoma! All the ganking of Skarr and Karkin in Molten Front just out of spite, why couldn't anyone want this cute little guy? I wanted to name him Noonetamedmeeither, to go with my lonely Madexx that no one tamed either, but that was too long. So he just got a short, cute name. <3 Karoma...I'll love you.
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

Last night was moron night.

Ankha was up, and after announcing on guildchat and realID, I started throwing whispers to online hunters. One guy is interested, so while he's making his way down, I tell him to remove all his armour for taming. "Y". So he arrives, aggroes a ton of fire guys that I quickly kill (I was on my druid), starts to tame Ankha and promptly dies. "You have to remove all your gear". -"Y". At the same time, a real ID friend who is in my horde guild brings a hunter guildie and while the other guy resses, he tames Ankha. Fair enough for me and my guy wasn't bothered, so I headed to the front to see what was up.

Crabby was! Again, guildchat, realID, then throwing whispers. A guy replies "I be there", I invite him, wait and wait when he says "I need to do dailies to clear path". So I showed him where to run without getting crispified, and we arrive at Karkin's place. He's MM, so I explained what to do. "I don't have silencing shot". Hmm, great. So I planned to sneak up behind Karkin and try skullbashing the barrage. But this time, I'm the moron, try to jump to the floating rock regardless of the fact that the rock closer had fallen down, and promptly fall down too. Well, I couldn't get back to the body so I had to spiritress. The hunter says "I go on my main and ress you" and tells me the name of the main. I reply: "That's your main? The warrior who tried to kill Kirix the other night?" I didn't say that I tamed Kirix that night and called it his name, changing "idol" to "ilol".But he already logged out and when I arrive back at Karkin's spot, the hordie that tamed Ankha was there. But he was SV, so I decided to sneak up again and try skullbash. But he tries a tame and we both die. Ress, run back... Luckily he got a deathknight guildie to come and interrupt, so I watched as he tamed Karkin without further problems.
So much for rehoming last night! :-)
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

well....this is an odd one :|....ok first was terrorpene...
wild...and yes i'm in the lava
yay! kneel before the powerful! i wispered 4 poeple. the first was a lv 82 who passed. the next to never responded but the fourth wanted her.
yay! 2nd
i have solix already but the only other hunter in MF had him too...so i tsmed him again...tho i nearly killed him >.< he had 2 energy left (and i had 100hp left) when the tame finished...no a name???

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

:lol: Deth'tilac is a troll. After a very solid camp of days with Arisia, my fiancee and I went to do our Forlorn Spire dailies, and who did we find just chilling?

The only other hunter in the area was one that my undead hunter had helped get Deth. So my druid flew out into Hyjal to try to find him a home. Lo and behold, yet another repeat customer....this one, my main Mishanzy had gotten Kirix last week!

:D Chalk another one up to Heart Of Gold, Hordeside Moon Guard.

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Vinessa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ysondre - US

Unread post by Vinessa »

:3 today, i rehomed cross-faction for the first time :D
It was... Deth'tilac!
Found him. Asked and no one wanted him :( When i suddenly see a Night Elf Hunter coming... :O i dismissed Mot (my Deth'tilac) and i guess he was thinking that i was going to kill him cause i wanted Deth. He called out his pet, and i call mine too. he saw my pet! i /smiled and he started to attack Deth. Helped him with traps, pet sacrifice and when deth was at 18%, he decides to tame. But i think he didnt knew the strat very well, and he lay down a Freezing Trap and started to tame. Deth kills him. He releases, but my Deterrence was in cd, and i was in a corner. With Deth in 8%... What i did? Feign Death of course.

He came back, and started all over again :) Which ended with a sucessfull tame :D
i emoted /cheer /hug on the Alliance, and he started to dance :lol: i /licked him :P
Then i emoted /wait on him and took an screenshot :)

4 hours later, flew by the Regrowth, and spotted Magria!
Running kitty want a home? yeah, of course he does ^^
Asked my only hunter-friend connected, but his offspec was MM -his MS is Surv- so he said no thanks.
Then Asked a random hunter on Hyjal
[04:02:01] [W To] [85:Maximumx]: hey, Magria is up. its a rare spirit beast
[04:02:27] [W From] [85:Maximumx]: here?
[04:02:34] [W To] [85:Maximumx]: yeah
[04:02:41] [W To] [85:Maximumx]: at the Regrowth

Invited him, summoned and when he gets here, he didnt had a BM spec, so he said that he will "go and grab something real quick". He respecced. Yeah. i waited 15 minutes. Finally he gets here! tried to tame a few times, but he failed and used Feign Death... i asked him what was wrong, but he only said "nothing just lag lol".
Remember my Hunter friend that i asked frst? he came here and was watching. When the other hunter realized that he was watching, he started to tame, and sucessfully did it :) Just told him to wait so i can take a screenshot. *Screen Captured*

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

I found Deth up too last night. I ran up to her on my orc huntres, wondering if I'd find someone interested when I saw a male orc hunter standing there with the pretty purple chimaera. I asked him if he wanted a hand and he said yes. But none of us had a spider pet, my red Madexx had to be sacrifice pet (yes, I got him just before the servers went down on tuesday *cheers*), and we started kiting, dropping traps and sacrificing pets. But when Deth was at 18% something went wrong and she ate the other hunter. I think he got too close. I had to feign too and decided it would be easier to just hop on Sams and root. So I let the hunter know and relogged. The roots broke a lot and me with the feral spec and tiny mana pool was about to go oom when the hunter finally started to tame again. But we made it and he had a pretty purple spider! He even named it after me. I logged back and we chatted a bit and he told me he had Magria and Anthriss and loves to find rares. I cheered inside *grins*.

I went out of the front and Banny had spawned in the meanwhile!
I tell the hunter and it takes us a bit to land on the tree. The first taming attempt went a bit wrong... which was my fault. I pulled Banny down in my trap and the hunter started taming. I feigned death just because I didn't want to cause any aggro issues and promptly caused the freezing trap to break! made for 2 dead hunters. We ress, get back up, and watch a worgen mage hover near us, pull Banny, slowfall down and... get moonfired to death. So we decided now was a good time for a second attempt and this time it went well!!
After this, I had a fun quick BT and AQ40 run with my late night guild (it's so nice to have people online and doing things at 5am, when you play at -6hrs ST) and fell into bed.