Soft kitty, warm kitty.. [Image Heavy]

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Soft kitty, warm kitty.. [Image Heavy]

Unread post by Miyon »

Kittens everywhere! This was mainly about my little cutie, Kira, but then the queen had kittens, and now there are fur all over the place!

This kitten I love very much. She is not mine, but I take care of her as if she was. (We have moved to my bfs parents place now for the year) I have unofficially given her the name Kira, even if the kids in the house have another name for her, that is never spoken though. So they usually just call her "lillepusen" which is basically just another variation of kitten. I wanted to make a place where I could post pictures of her, after I have paparazzied her.

This is one of the first pics I grabbed. I assume she was about 1-2 weeks old, helpless little kitty, but she had opened her eyes.Image

Somehow I wasn't able to rotate the pic, so you'll just have to turn your heads :p

I think this was one of the only times she have been let in doors. She had been alone all day outside and the weather was harsh, so she was allowed to come inside for warmth.

Some weeks older, still blue-eyed, but is now running outside the basket she and mommy had.

Fingers are tasty. Mmm.

More hands. The hands belong to one of the kids. It is still attached to the kid, no worries.
____________________________________________________________________________________
This is the first pic I got of them after we moved in with my bfs parents. This is right after we had bought more food for them, after a few days with no food and nobody home. >.<

Pretty kitty on a chair. Yup, that's you.

I was crawling my hand over the chair to attract her attention, and it was very fun to play with.

"Hi!"

More hand on chair games. She looks a bit upset. "How the hell am I supposed to catch that?"

This is the tail of the stuffed animal on my keychain she was chasing after. Prettiest smile on a cat.

She have passed 3 months now I would guess, and is exploring the area. Today I saw her try to climb a tree, looking like a squirrel. Also mommy kitty brought a dead mouse and a bird to our front door. Kira ate the bird, only feathers left. The mouse didn't taste so good, because it still lies there. And the mommy kitty, it looks like she is "bulking up" around her stomach. So she might have a another litter on the way. In that case, I will do what I can do get them new homes. I shall stalk the kitties more and get more pics going. :D
Last edited by Miyon on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: A kittys life [Image Heavy]

Unread post by Chimera »

That is so cuuute <3 Kira is so adorableeee :333

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

Awwww, what an adorable fluffy predator^_^
Don't panic!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Omg, such a beautiful kitten. *dies*
:hug:
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Ok, so I am fairly certain the mommy kitty is pregnant. She has no name so let's call her Munchkin or something. As of today she have started wheezing and growling, baring her teeth in the process, and laying her ears back. I usually feed them separately, but I didn't today, so she got to the food first. Both of them always have enough food, so no worries there. Anyway, Kira approaced, and "Munchkin" (gawd I feel bad calling her that, I'd love some other suggestions) wheezed at her until Kira left again. She then proceeded to eat all the food, and then more of the dry food.

I haven't seen this behaviour in cats before. I can't get to see the colour of her nipples as she has so much fur, and they don't feel like they are very big either, but according to my bfs parents this is the way she acts when she is pregnant, as she have had at least 4 litters before, over the course of three years methinks.

Anyway, I'm adding a picture, and I am guessing she could be at least 3 weeks on her way, if not more.

Edit: The bulkiness around her stomach was not there a month ago. I didn't take any pictures then, so nothing to compare with. >.<

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

More cuddly pictures! I fed her, and then played with her. She seems to have gotten a new habit of attacking my legs. It's hilarious, but I have to be very careful of where I place my feet when I walk, because she will charge.

She is such a poser sometimes.

Here she was cradling my knee, after going koala.

Sad kitty is sad. But seriously, she looks very sad.

Gotta love her expression. My baggy pants, and my hands are her toys apparently, and she have just started to bite when she plays. I have marks on my arms now, but just small scratches. Bad kitty.

Nom

This so reminds me of those videos of the ninja cat that sneaks forward when the camera man hides behind the wall or something, and it keeps getting closer and closer until its face is in the camera.

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Her eyes get me, theres so much personality in them, so much depth... and her and her mums markings are gooorgeous i loves it <333

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Sam »

OMG so cute! I love the splash of orange on her face.
"There are very few problems caused by sorcerers that can't be solved with a sharp stick."
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Xakaal wrote:Her eyes get me, theres so much personality in them, so much depth... and her and her mums markings are gooorgeous i loves it <333
I love having cats around me. And thank you, I guess :p
My precious <3 xD

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

*sigh*

I wish I had someone I could squee with over how adorable she is, like in real life, someone who would share my passion for cats and animals in general. I was just outside feeding the cats, but only she came over. God knows where the pregnant one have hidden, I will probably see her tomorrow though. Kira ate, and she was done she actually wanted to cuddle. Usually she attacks my legs and wants to play, but this time it was climbing up in my lap and purring like it was no tomorrow, and sticking her nose in my face a couple of times (I now know for certain that I am not allergic to cats, at least not her.)

At some point she jumped on one of the chairs that is outside, and I cradled her, and she laid down in my arms and purred some more, while doing something that looked like cat-massage on me with her front paws. It was so cute, and then she stuffed a paw in my face aswell, before she closed her eyes and purred more and looked like she was about to fall asleep. I was shaking like a leaf because of how cold it was outside, but it didn't seem to bother her at all.

I really wish I could take her inside, have her play around here and stuff. She has such a personality. *squee* :D

This morning, I had overslept and was putting on my scarf and jacket on the way to the car, and then she came walking and figured my long scarf was a good thing to play with early in the morning when I was late for school. So cute.

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

So this morning I started with going outside and feeding her. After that, I sat down in the chair and she walked around herself a couple of times, before she settled down, purring. She ended up falling asleep, and she actually wiggles her toes sometimes when she sleeps. She got my mind off my worries about today and friends in game. So relaxing <3

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

We went for a drive, we had to see if there were any stores open that had milk. We found her laying in front of the door when we came back. :p

Necras
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Hyjal,

Unread post by Necras »

Shes perdy.

~ Thanks Nili for the Sexy Signature ~

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

The queen was a good kitty today. There have been issues with the queen growling and hissing at Kira so that she'd run away, so the queen could eat her food aswell, unless I stay outside when I am feeding them. I have gotten a scratch from the queen when she was reaching for Kira to scratch her at some point earlier, when I had her on my lap. I had enough time to yank her away, but not enough to save my hand. xD I don't know if she has taken a hint or not, but today, I saw Kira outside and grabbed a bag of food and gave it to her. Seconds later the queen came sneaking about aswell, and tried to reach over to Kiras foodbowl.

Mind you, had I gone inside at that point to grab one more (I should have taken two in the first place), Kira would have been long gone. I merely blocked her path to the food, not touching her, just placing my feet so she couldn't walk there. The queen sat behind and waited until Kira was done eating, and then I cleared her path, and went inside to get another bag. I petted her and told her she was a good kitty. This made me happy today :)

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

So I researched the issue of the food stealing behaviour of the queen on a whim, while being bored in biology. It may seem to be an issue of dominance, as the queen might think of herself as the "alpha" of the two, and therefore thinks she should get to have the best part of the food/kill. It might also be the strangeness in cats that they think the contents of the other bowl is better than What she herself has, even if she eats her own food first. Either way it was suggested that I have a bottle of water to spray her face with to teach her not to steal food. I don't know how smart that'd be though, I imagine she'd be pissed and attack. I have noticed with Kira that she will eat about half from each bowl when fed, if she is alone with the food. It also might just be her pregnancy.

Kelarese
Realm: Sentinels-RP

Unread post by Kelarese »

My sister has two cats. Mandy and Winston. Mandy is the older of the two by a year or so and smaller than Winston. Winston has this very bad habit of gobbling down his food and then heading right over to his sister's bowl and trying to eat her food like it's going out of style. I watch her cats while my sister is away. I've tried the loud noises to get him to stop. But he seems to ignore it. What I have found out is that if you do block their path and prevent them from getting to the food, they seem to realize that..ok...Uncle Matt or mommy is telling me no. So I might as well stop trying...for now.

I'm no vet or pet psychiatrist, but they seem to realize that you are the dominant one when you're around. When you're not around, they seem to like to pull rank :lol:
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

It did work to block her path the other day, as mentioned in an earlier post, and I think that would be more rewarding than splooshing water in her face, as I am pretty damn certain that would only make her mad, I don't want her to hate me. :P

Although she keeps trying, but I guess I will just have to be more strict. They got fresh fish today, and Kira nommed it whole heartedly. It's so cute xD

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Ouch, seems Kira has been sick. I heard she had thrown up last night/this morning. And apparently she was playing with a mouse aswell, and you never know what they carry. They got fish yesterday aswell, so she could have reacted to that. I'll just have to keep watch and see if anything happens.

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

I hope shes okay

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

She did seem to be just fine after having puked.

Now however, she has been chased away from the stairs outside our front door, so god knows when she last ate. I tried to get her to come over to me, and before that I had to go search for her, since she didn't come running at me when I arrived home, like she usually does. I found her hiding under the neighbours terrace, and when I finally managed to scoop her up and take her with me to the food bowls, first thing she does is to run back there. I gave up trying to bring her back, and sat and hand fed her over there. Good going, queen, good going.

Also, the queen seems to be about ready to burst, and that is sooner than I expected. I hope they pop soon.