What spec do you raid in and why?

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Realm: Dentarg

What spec do you raid in and why?

Unread post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

I personally raid in BM and I love it. For me it just comes to being lazy I think. Out of the three specs I think it has the easiest rotation of the bunch. I do pretty well at it with myself being at the top or at lease top 2 on most fights. Interestingly enough one of my guildies pointed out on worldoflogs that I got ranked tonight on Shannox for normal 10 man. Not sure how that even works so yay me?
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Re: What spec do you raid in and why?

Unread post by Kurenio »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:I personally raid in BM and I love it.
Hey hey don't steal my words :O

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Marks for me! :D I love the marks rotation (always have) and the self-heal from chimera shot can be a lifesaver at times.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Kalliope wrote:Marks for me! :D I love the marks rotation (always have) and the self-heal from chimera shot can be a lifesaver at times.
Couldnt have said it better myself lol.
Have always loved Marks for raiding and will always be Marks unless a fight calls for something else. :)

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

It depends on the encounter, if there are a lot of adds I need to prevent from reaching something, I go MM. If it's pure straight dps, I prefer BM. I love button mashing and BM is perfect for me :D

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kurenio wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:I personally raid in BM and I love it.
Hey hey don't steal my words :O
^ This. :3 BM all the way.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

For me it really depends on which fight. I have two raiding specs that I use for different fights.

Shannox: Marks. Its just alot easier to kill the dogs faster.
Bethtilac: Survival. I am spec'd to have my traps snare. Im the one who basically takes care of making sure the itty bitty spiders dont make it to the big spider.
Lord Rhyolith: Depends. If Im helping kill adds, Survival for the added AOE. If I am helping turn the boss mostly, Marks. Usually Im survival for this fight as long as we have two melee to take care with steering the boss.
Baleroc: Marks, the extra use of my cooldowns really helps with my damage done on this fight.
Alyestrazor(Howeveryouspellhername): Also Marks, I am an Interrupter on one side with a Rogue. Silence shot is the key.
Domo: Marks again. Same deal with Baleroc, in that the extra use of my cooldowns helps with putting out as much damage as I can during key-time frames during that fight.
Rag: My guild is still on Domo at the moment, but more then likely I will be playing as Marks on this fight as well.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

BM for me. :) I've always been Beast Mastery, I can't even play MM or SV since they feel so strange. I'm comfortable with BM and mesh well with the playstyle, so it's what I'll always be, regardless of nerfs or buffs. Even through WotLK where BM was severely underpowered I worked my butt off to make sure I was still raid viable, and Skorn and I marched into ICC and pulled our weight just fine.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

I started raiding as BM recently after running as SV for most of Cataclysm (and Marks in Wrath). This was originally to let the other hunter in the raid go Marks (her preferred spec) when we needed Core Hound Heroism, but I've been sticking with it even the last two weeks when we had a shaman in the raid. (Our ret paly dropped out recently, so one of us should probably go BM anyway for the damage boost.)

The main problem with BM in raid situations is that it's the worst spec for AoE. So the other hunter handles Beth's spiderlings (I toss a trap out to assist) and the Rhyolith adds, and I kill spinners and the big add and help steer Ryolith. BM is great for "crash turns" on Ryolith, by the way--I save BW and (the focus-regeneration ability) for emergencies, which lets me slam out a lot of damage quickly if we need to turn him hard.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Magli wrote:I started raiding as BM recently after running as SV for most of Cataclysm (and Marks in Wrath). This was originally to let the other hunter in the raid go Marks (her preferred spec) when we needed Core Hound Heroism, but I've been sticking with it even the last two weeks when we had a shaman in the raid. (Our ret paly dropped out recently, so one of us should probably go BM anyway for the damage boost.)

The main problem with BM in raid situations is that it's the worst spec for AoE. So the other hunter handles Beth's spiderlings (I toss a trap out to assist) and the Rhyolith adds, and I kill spinners and the big add and help steer Ryolith. BM is great for "crash turns" on Ryolith, by the way--I save BW and (the focus-regeneration ability) for emergencies, which lets me slam out a lot of damage quickly if we need to turn him hard.
Pretty much what it ended up being in my case. Except in wrath and a chunk of cata I was survival. I initially went BM for the heroism in one of my first cata raid groups. I never went back.
Rubiks-Q-Bert

Mychelle wrote:Shannox: Marks. Its just alot easier to kill the dogs faster.
I don't know about that. That's one fight where I have never not been #1 in damage.
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

usually SV for the 10% melee/ranged haste buff since we dont have a dk and our shaman is resto.

for H Shannox, i'll go MM for the huge crit to pull Rageface off when he Face Rages someone.

but if we did have a frost dk or enh shaman, then i would pick MM.
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Mychelle wrote:Shannox: Marks. Its just alot easier to kill the dogs faster.
I don't know about that. That's one fight where I have never not been #1 in damage.
Well sadly, I havent been able to have the experience as raiding with BM mainly because Marks has always been my main spec, and love playing it. But because I had to drop my BM spec for a survival one mainly -just- for the Bethtilac fight.
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

MM. (I only do 5man though). It's nice peeking at the meters and seeing 28-30k single target though. I use my hunter to validate my existence, so I play whatever puts up the biggest numbers when I'm in a serious situation. Reg heroics, I'll play BM for the pet variety.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Currently am Survival. I last tried MM during last expansion and did not like it at all. I have tried BM this xpac but I can't figure it out at all, there just seems to be so many things to monitor and I don't even have enough space on my bars for all the abilites. I guess I'm doing something wrong because everyone says it's so easy but I find it the hardest of the 3 specs.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

I'd say SV is the easiest of the three specs to play right now. BM has a lot of short-durtation cooldowns to stay on top of, and Marks is very unforgiving if you want to keep the Improved Steady Shot haste bonus up. SV has at one Lock & Load per Black Arrow cycle to watch out for, but otherwise it's a very straightforward rotation that's easy to restart if you get crossed up, have to run out of the fire, or get stuck behind a volcano.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Zenali
Realm: Stormscale, Shattered Halls

Unread post by Zenali »

Survival, usually. Beast Mastery when I feel like being different.
And I do quite well, so IN YOUR FACE to the hunters who have told me to respec to Marks over the years. <3

Not-so-patiently waiting for Aeonaxx and the Heavenly Onyx Serpent.

My stables~
Zenali ... Kassidi

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

Survival, always. It's the most fun spec to me. I wish I enjoyed/understood BM as much as I do Survival, hrm. :/

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Hmm... when I finally do level up all my baby hunters I'll have 3 raiding BM hunters 3 raiding surv hunters and 2 raiding MM hunters (hate mm right now).

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I don't raid, but I play Survival. I know it's not the best spec right now, probably not for Dungeons and PvP any more than it is for Raiding, but I was Survival all Wrath and it's always been my 'real' spec - I have BM offspec for shiny pets and heals when I need 'em, but I built my old character up around the feel survival gives off - guns, traps and explosions. Lots of explosions. Back in Wrath I picked it because it was 'flashy' - I'm serious. Something about explosive shot just seems incredibly badass to me.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||