karazhan, opera event, wolfslayer rifle

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

karazhan, opera event, wolfslayer rifle

Unread post by Nightsights »

been going in the Karazhan for the wolfslayer rifle for about 2 months, and the red riding hood event has never popped for me. mainly romeo and juliet. i was wondering if this will work, i currently have three lvl 85 alts. my wife has an account, if i make a raid with each of my alts with one of my wife's chars and go into Kara solo (my wife's char stays in SW so doesnt get saved), kill Moroes, check out the opera event. if its not red riding hood, just hearth, leave group. then redo with different alt, repeat. if i do get red riding hood, hearth, stay in raid group, log onto my hunter, have my wife's char invite me to that raid id, will it still be red riding hood? if the opera event is locked into a raid id, then i can quadruple my chances to get the red riding hood event.

also, my wife has like five lvl 85s on the same server, so if my alts dont get red riding hood, i can do the same thing on her chars, and noncuple (9x) my chances, lol.

i'm saved this week, will try it next week. just wondering if anyone knows ahead of time if this will work. thanks in advance.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: karazhan, opera event, wolfslayer rifle

Unread post by Rawr »

I think an official forum post needs to be made about this. I too have been after that gun and for the last 5 weeks have gotten nothing but Romeo and Juliet. They should just make the old BC raids have a 3 day lockout, like ZA and ZG did before they turned into heroic 5-mans. :mrgreen:

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Or they should let you pick which event you get...

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Tsuki wrote:Or they should let you pick which event you get...
I like this idea. It's not current content anymore, so why not?
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Is anyone going to suggest this on the official WoW forums or should I? I don't want to make a repeat. :mrgreen:

Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

I hate you all for getting the romeo and juliet fight so much. ;.; Blizzard has downright been torturing me with getting Despair on my DK. >.< heh. And yet Ive had at least 4 Wolf Rifles drop for her so far.

(And the one time I brought my rogue in to help with a friend's Wolf Rifle on his Hunter....guess what drops from what fight. Just guess.)
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Um, the way I've done it is I'd form a raid with one of husband's characters. His character would to check the event while I stayed outside to avoid being saved. If it wasn't the event I wanted, we'd disband, and he'd try another character. If it was the event I wanted, I'd go ahead and walk in and kill the bosses.

Your way might work as well, but you might have to actually move her into the dungeon to lock the event selection before you leave, just as a precaution. I'm not sure exactly how the game registers it. If she's physically in there then I imagine it would have to keep that event.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

that should work as long as the toon you want to do the red riding hood event isnt in the instance itself, gl on getting it. i feel the same way with despair >.<
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I finally got that gun two weeks ago! I'm not sure about whether or not the opera event would stay the same or not, but keep trying!!! If I could I'd give it to you guys-- I am going for the Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas now to match my Blood Elf Huntress. However, I plan on keeping the sniper rifle just in case I decide to change up my transmog set (I'm sure I will at some point!).
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

im haveong the opposite prob i always get the red rideing hood i want romio and juliet on my alts and its just geting annoying >< i even ask a gm if it was stuck on red rideing hood

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

sounds promising, i will definitely try it next week and report back.

Rawr, you can post on the official wow forums if you like.
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

alright, this worked perfectly, finally got to do big bad wolf after about 2 months. no rifle tho.

wife's character got the event, hearthed out. grouped with my hunter, went in, talked to the stagehand, the dialogue was something like "wolf is going down"

as soon as "granny" popped, he turned me into little red riding hood, so i had to run around for a while. probably didnt need to run at lvl 85 lol.
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Also posting that I played out this trick last night with an old friend of mine who has a Hunter alt. He'd also been wanting the Rifle on his Female NE Hunter. So I had him stay outside the instance, while I worked through my alts.

Assassination Rogue - Wizard of Oz
Feral Tanking Druid - Wizard of Oz
Protection Warrior - .... Wizard of Oz (I was about to call BS on this whole thing working at this point. lol.)
Elemental Shaman - Success! Big Bad Wolf. *And* the Rifle dropped. He was pretty happy. =)

Sadly though when he switched around to get my DK the Romeo and Juliet fight, they didnt drop my sword. >.< lol
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

grats to your friend :D

i finally got it tonight woot , here's my set