Looking for an Icy set

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Looking for an Icy set

Unread post by Chimera »

I want to make a mail-set for my hunter that reflects Northrend, i tried looking into the Icy Scale and found that Blizzard completely removed the leggings for cloth, leather, mail, and plate for the 'icy' sets, and the ones that had shoulders, they removed those too, ive seen at least the leather ones brought back as a quest reward from stranglethorn but i dont know where the mail version is, nor a mail legging version of the Icy Scale Leggings. Can anyone help please?

I want an outfit that would match Skoll (not Riftstalker, i doubt i'll get people to run the raids enough to get all the tokens i need since im sure they'll want the tokens too for their own armor)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Phyress
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel

Re: Looking for an Icy set

Unread post by Phyress »

If you don't mind showing some skin the outrunner's set would match Skoll nicely (You can even get it off the Auction House). You can match it with Sonic Spear and Crypt Fiend Slayer if you're looking for weapons too.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

I was going after somewhat of the same thing. I wanted a blue theme that didn't show a lot of skin... Astratia isn't that type of hunter.
When I saw the icy scale set I was very happy, until like you I found out what Blizzard did. However.. there was a way to work around that.

This is what I came up with for my hunter.

I basically went with a blue / black theme and threw in the Rift Stalker Shoulders which seemed to mesh the best. There are other nice looks as well, but that was jsut to show how if you like the icy scale set, you can still blend it :)
If you check out Horrific Flesh Epaulets or Shoulderguards of Crystalline Bone, those two have a very icy feel to them and could go well with other Ulduar gear that holds an icy feel. :)

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Ooooh, i'll try that out Ast and yea Nub i loooooooove the Outrunner set on my troll, im only missing boots and shoulders but havent seen them in weeks on the AH :(( always chestpiece and cloak ._.

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Xakaal wrote:Ooooh, i'll try that out Ast and yea Nub i loooooooove the Outrunner set on my troll, im only missing boots and shoulders but havent seen them in weeks on the AH :(( always chestpiece and cloak ._.
Try burning through Wailing Caverns a couple times. I see it and prospector's armor drop there all the time.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

What about the Polar gear? That crafted set? The blue and light blue one? http://www.wowhead.com/item=22661 like that one?

Edit: And some of the Naxx drops I believe too.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
lani
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by lani »

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=27 ... ;6795&l=80

My blue set on my troll. (View in 3D)

I wouldn't use riftstalker to fill in blanks, just doesn't look like it fits imo. The brown fur on the shoulders / legs and pants here make a bit more sense. Though it's all up to personal taste.
Much good luck finalising your set.
HikariVandar
Realm: Antonidas

Unread post by HikariVandar »

The difficulty varies, but if you can get into Icecrown Citadel, the mail caster pieces - particularly the ilvl 264 set, is about the iciest I've seen. complete with icicles!

Here's a bunch picked and choosed based on going as shallow into Icecrown Citadel as possible. Though of course, it comes down to your group and how well you do in there. There's other choices, certainly, between heroic 10 and regular mode 25.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=50 ... 9993;49900
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

If you're interested, this is the set I'm using for my female troll: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=50 ... 0992:50980 it might be a bit more tribal-y than you prefer but you can mix a match with a different kilt or whatnot. I left out the polearm/staff because there are sooo many pretty blue ones, I can't even decide yet :lol:

Editing 'cause I forgot: all this stuff is extremely easy to get. Like the last poster said the ICC caster set is really northrendish, but I doubt I'll be getting into an ICC raid that'll let me take all the caster pieces xP the chest, gloves and belt are all buyable with justice points, bow drops from normal HoR (soloable), kilt drops from first boss of normal Drak'tharon (soloable), and the shoulders drop from normal Slave pens (again, soloable.) Hope I helped ^^
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

After spending way, way too long searching through WoWhead, I finally found a Northrend-esque set to match my ICC axes and crossbow! Hopefully, this might inspire your own icy set.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=28 ... 0411:50262

I found quite a few pieces from the Tidefury Set, an Outland dungeon shammy set, looked quite "wintery", especially with the almost fur-like trim. I found matching boots and a belt on WoWhead, but there wasn't a pants version of the Tidefury Kilt. I found that odd, considering most kilt designs in WoW have matching pants. If the Tidefury one has a match, it's not in mail. Anyway, almost all the armour pieces are easy to get -- most drop in Outland dungeons, which are a breeze to solo.

Anyway, I finally found a set of green pants that match surprisingly well. The shortness of the pants actually complements the fingerless gloves. The Pauldrons of Surging Mana give it a more elemental feel as well, if you can find them, since they're a random Outland world drop. If you can't find them or prefer a more natural look, you can always substitue the Tidefury set shoulders.

My ICC matching axes and Felglacier Bolter will finally get some use again too! I can't wait -- I worked so hard to get those weapons; I almost cried with Cataclysm came out and the first greens to come along were better.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Oh my :lol: ok gonna reply to each post as it was posted

@Nov: I would go for the polar set but leggings are missing from all ice-type sets in the game, and some shoulders, there have been shoulders that have made a return through drops or quests but not all

@Iani: that set, that set is amazing, definitely gonna bookmark that one

@Hikari: ICC is a very rare occasion for me to ever see.. my current guild is so fed up with it (they ran it every week from when it was released to when cata came out) that we've only been in there once in the half a year i was actively playing my lvl 80+, they're too interested in current content.. plus, that style of outfit was really really awesome when it came out but nowadays im not a huge fan anymore, thank you for the suggestion though :3 <3

@Zuilu: Omg, omg, i absolutely love that one too, im definitely bookmarking that

@Cerah: I love the weapons and shoulders but unfortunately ive never really liked the Tidefury set to wear but thank you for the suggestion :3 <3