Our Legendary

Kelarese
Realm: Sentinels-RP

Our Legendary

Unread post by Kelarese »

http://www.wowhead.com/item=34334

Thori'dal, the Star's Fury. I know what they said at BlizzCon. There has to be a reason that makes sense for a new legendary for a class. They just can't willey nilley it and say: Oh it's time for this one's new legendary because they haven't got one in a while.

But would it be so bad if they actaully made the Legendary level up with the Hunter? Or Warrior? I mean, they busted their ass to get their legendary. Why not make it so it levels up like the heirloom items do? Why have it be worthless three expansion later (As an example)? If not, then why bother even chasing after it? Just to say: Oh yeah, we got it. And that's it? Just bragging rights? Look I know Ghostcrawler hates us but come on. How about a little love?

I know this will probably fall on deaf ears. But there are some things that have just been bothering me lately about Blizzard.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Our Legendary

Unread post by Kalliope »

We're unlikely to see scaling up of legendaries, since it means people with them wouldn't have to obtain new weaponry ever - essentially doing old content to benefit in the end game. It doesn't make sense. It has nothing to do with alleged favoritism.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I definitely understand the letdown of only being able to use a Legendary for one expansion period, but there's just no reason to turn them into glorified heirlooms. Once everyone had their Legendary there would be no point of any other weapons. Even if they didn't necessarily scale to always be super powerful, it would still feel stale.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Make them transmoggable
porblem solved (but then again, everyone would end up walking around with them...)

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Kelarese
Realm: Sentinels-RP

Unread post by Kelarese »

Tsuki wrote:Make them transmoggable
porblem solved (but then again, everyone would end up walking around with them...)
^
This. And who the hell cares if people walk around with them. Let them. They earned that right.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Transmogrifying avoids the power imbalance, but you still have the problem that the person would never want to go after anything else for looks, again.

Whereas with epics, they're not usually AS cool looking and certainly nowhere near as unique, so as the player acquires new epics, they can generally compete with the old at least on a broad scale.

I think that's why it doesn't level with you, and isn't available for transmogrification either (if I recall transmog rules correctly).
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I wouldnt mind them making heirloom lookalikes just for.the purpouse of aethetic appeal, it'd cost the same as the original heirloom but it'd be a different name and graphic. Its like armor off trash, theres dozens with the same stats but they all look different, theres no reason game-play wise that there should be 2 different looking items that have same stats, its there for variety, and id like to see more variety in certain heirloom items, ones like the bow and the gun who have no other choices. The staffs have choice, the armor (cept head/cloak) have a choice, sure the stats are different cause one set is pvp and other is pve but guns and bows and maces dont have a choice (maces only have a caster or melee option). Make one pvp related and keep the current one for pve.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

I think Blizzard wants legendaries to be more of an endgame thing, and to limit the number of legendaries in active use. If they allowed them to auto-level like heirlooms, you'd see a ton of twinks running around with them.
Kalliope

Worba wrote:If they allowed them to auto-level like heirlooms, you'd see a ton of twinks running around with them.
Real twinks, the ones who sit at a certain level, already do. Or did, anyway. That's how I lost my first Thori'dal.

Players leveling with legendaries that act like heirlooms would just be ridiculous.

YouTube Edition

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

That's why I mentioned auto-leveling. ^ ^

And a twink who chooses to XP lock is no more "real" than the one who uses his inherited gear to level faster than other players - there's more than one aspect to this.
Kalliope

Well, I was thinking of the twinks who didn't exp lock, but didn't buy the next expansions in order to "auto-lock" at what was their max level. Course, those are all but dead now, at least on my server.

There are many variations; I'm just hung up on that one kind. ;) Personal bias!

YouTube Edition