What is your MoP tamable beast wish list?

Romolus
Realm: Vashj

Re: What is your MoP tamable beast wish list?

Unread post by Romolus »

Rawr wrote:I want a Ki-rin :headbang: A lion-headed, dragon-scaled, goat beast with a horn. No European goat/horse head, fluffy, cuddly cute things :evil: I want the real deal! A thing if you see coming at you, you high tail it out of there :headbang: . Not say aaaaawwww how cute.
Oh, and hydras, lots and lots of hydras.
AWWWWWW..... how cute :P (just sayin)

but seriously, they need hydras/Basilisks/Rams (could add talbuks in with rams imo), and those half beholder- half corehounds...
Umbriel of Halaa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Umbriel of Halaa »

Well...more dogs, first off. I once suggested that such creatures as Arathi Terriers, Un'goro Singing Dogs, and Tanaris Greyhounds be added to the game. (Nothing against the dogs we already have—although, seriously, I wish my runehound would swim properly—but more variety would be nice.) In honor of the expansion pack, let's add, say, Kun-Lai Mastiffs or Dusk Tongues to that list.

The aforementioned shishi might be a nice addition to the dog family. Or the cat family. (While shishi are often interpreted as some breed of large fuzzy dog, they were originally meant to represent lions.)

And I'm still hoping for basilisks, pterrordax, diemetradons, and hydras. (Although that last would kind of ruin a new Darkmoon Faire joke.)
Last edited by Umbriel of Halaa on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Rawr wrote:Image
"Will you STOP READING OVER MY SHOULDER?? You KNOW how much I hate that! Bad Kirin - BAD. Now go play with your chew toy already!!" :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Worba wrote:"Will you STOP READING OVER MY SHOULDER?? You KNOW how much I hate that! Bad Kirin - BAD. Now go play with your chew toy already!!" :lol:
:D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I want tameable druid-fire-cat models.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

This might be a good resource...

http://www.himmapan.com/himmapan_creatures.html
Account has been closed at user's request.
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Slickrock wrote:This might be a good resource...

Most of those sadly look too Indian, as opposed to Chinese.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

"Raccoon dogs" extend through China, even though they're more popularly known from Japanese culture as Tanuki. I'd dearly love to see them in the game :)

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Good lord... pandas... ~red pandas~... now these... is there a neverending source of cuteness in Asia??? :P

And yes, I'd love one of these - personally I'd prefer it as a minipet as I like my combat pets large, toothy and brutal, but I'm sure I'd cave in and tame one even if they did appear as combat pets...
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Andine wrote:
Slickrock wrote:This might be a good resource...

Most of those sadly look too Indian, as opposed to Chinese.
I don't see any reason why MoP has to be 100% Chinese-based; predominantly Chinese, yes, particularly as regards the Pandaren themselves, but hey, if the shiva demon works in current, non-oriental wow, then mixing in some Indian-based creatures in MoP should work just fine.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Worba wrote:Good lord... pandas... ~red pandas~... now these... is there a neverending source of cuteness in Asia??? :P

And yes, I'd love one of these - personally I'd prefer it as a minipet as I like my combat pets large, toothy and brutal, but I'm sure I'd cave in and tame one even if they did appear as combat pets...
Red pandas are one of the cutest things in existence. If they don't end up making a companion red panda, they're missing an awesome opportunity.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I really do like Kirin, but I'm not sure if I'd want it as a pet...maybe a mount instead. Especially since Kirin are supposed to be like dragons in terms of power and such.

I also don't care for that deer look the Kirin often are portrayed as having. Here's my version of a Kirin (working on coloring it right now)

As for tamables...I would love a foo dog! Especially one that looks the ones in Magistream! Image

Other than that...I would like more skin varieties for some of the currently existing models...Devilsaurs and Core Hounds (tho I doubt I'd give up my Chrom for anything)
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:I really do like Kirin, but I'm not sure if I'd want it as a pet...maybe a mount instead. Especially since Kirin are supposed to be like dragons in terms of power and such.
I agree about kirin - anything horse or deerlike, with hooves, etc, just feels like a mount to me. I'm kind of the same way about dragons too. Again it's just my opinion and based on feel, not a technical / categorical thing... so anyone angrily composing a list of 28 reasons why ungulates would make GREAT pets may as well not bother -_-

Ahem.

Would definitely like to see a foo dog... or even just a lion with a slightly "foo dog"-ish cast to it.

In re: devilsaurs... I know it's a long shot, but I'm still holding out for monstrous growth to be restored some day (as say a side effect of monstrous bite)... until that happens, I doubt I'll be able to really get into using one unless they come out with a ~really~ cool skin... or they make a spirit beast version. ^ ^
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Worba wrote:I don't see any reason why MoP has to be 100% Chinese-based; predominantly Chinese, yes, particularly as regards the Pandaren themselves, but hey, if the shiva demon works in current, non-oriental wow, then mixing in some Indian-based creatures in MoP should work just fine.
I can see two categories of things that can be added with an expansion: 1) related to the expansion in question, 2) stuff that should have always been there. Sadly, Indian-looking stuff is neither for MoP - while it's mainly Chinese, I suppose most of the east asian stuff could pass (your average westerner can't tell the difference between China, Mongolia, Korea and Japan), the south asian stuff has its own, distinct feel which is cool on its own - and it'd be better off given its own time and place to shine than to mix it among mainly Chinese stuff.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Well the thought of yet more Asian expansions certainly interests me - from a purist perspective it (could be) very cool to have xpacs for India, Japan, Thailand, etc.

However I seriously doubt that will happen - more than likely, MoP will be to WoW what Oriental Adventures was to AD&D, e.g. kind of an Eastern melange for westerners who (generally) aren't huge Asia dorks like me.

There's also the likelihood that wow may not have that many more xpacs in it - I doubt it will ever actually close down, but as far as major content patches... I think their days are numbered. My guess is that 6.0 is the last one we'll see, with a cap level of 100, and after that (or maybe even before) Blizzard is going to start shifting focus onto other efforts like Titan, etc. Could be wrong ofc - would love to be, but from a business perspective I think this is a reasonable projection.

So if it goes that way, what would 6.0 be? Well I'm not going to start a spin off thread but I expect it would be something more central to the lore, where things like Pandaria are more of a fun diversion (i.e. another oriental xpac not being terribly lore-centric)...

Again, all speculation, so who knows, but to get back to my original point, that's why I think MoP may include non-Chinese elements as more of a "now or never" > "Asian perfectionism" thing.
Last edited by Worba on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Worba wrote:so anyone angrily composing a list of 28 reasons why ungulates would make GREAT pets may as well not bother
*crumples up paper with list* :)
Vyndara
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Vyndara »

I have to echo most of what everyone else has said. However, from an RP standpoint, my hunter would be plenty happy with more cats. :D

Sig by me. Check out my stable!

Slayer1737
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Slayer1737 »

okay here is what my list is!!

1. Hydras
2. Penguins
3. Basilisks
4. Cranes
5. New Skins for old Familys
6. Yaks
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Not sure if it all fits the theme but;

1) Bestial mantids opposed to the humanoid ones. I mean, they surely would exist.
2) Oversized crickets.

3) Octopi. Hells ya.

Obligatory youtube vid to support my statement/desires:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjQr3lRACPI
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!