End Game Cinematic(SPOILERS!!!!) + Short Story

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Re: End Game Cinematic(SPOILERS!!!!)

Unread post by Aritria »

At first I was like: "OMGWTFBBQ?!?!", but then I was like: "Wait...". If the flights were in concordance to an aspect (life, nature, magic, etc)...won't everything just start to collapse within itself? They were appointed by the Titans to make sure that everything didn't go Brittany Spears haywire. So if they were destined to keep an eye on us, and they have no powers, then it's JUST the beginning for the potential of new evils. Also, considering the amount of power they put into the Demon/Dragon Soul, the remaining four aspects were weak to begin with.
Sigrah wrote: Well, they did say their "ancient power had been expended" because they had "fulfilled their purpose". That suggests to me that they knew this fight was coming and that it would be the end of their immortality. As for what happens to the rest of the world, here's a few questions that popped into my head:

- Now that Nozdormu is mortal, how exactly will he gain the ability to cause the events leading up to "End Time"? I guess there's tons of way to explain it, but more fun to wonder :)
Oooh! Okay, okay, okay. I remember reading something about this in Twilight of the Aspects. Murozond is revealed in the book as Nozdormu, corrupted, meaning that the Infinite Dragonflight is a corrupted Bronze Dragonflight from the broken time lines. Nozdormu, seeing this, realizes that he must find a way to stop his own corruption, so he fetches Thrall and BOOM! We've got Cataclysm as far as the Thrall story line is concerned.

BUT, Murozond says in the fight that we, the players, should be thankful for seeing this, because this is the true End Time, the true time line. So Blizz has inserted this to do two things:
1) Foreshadow that the Aspects, although mortal now, may regain their powers at some point in the future, and
2) To completely blow our minds with the plot holes presented in this cinematic that make no friggin' sense.
You could also offer a third option: A combination of the two. Just to spite us and keep us in speculation. Ah, the plot thickens!

Also remember the the End Time instance, although never shown if you just follow the dungeons portals, shows that yes, Deathwing is dead in this time line. The instance intro screen even shows him impaled on the Wyrmrest Temple. Interesting, considered that in our time line, Wyrmrest Temple is now destroyed in Twilight of the Aspects by the Twilight Cultists. I know that Blizz has stated that the books aren't cannon, but they do provide insight into what happens between the patches, between the expansions. For that, I'm grateful that I read it, because I would have NO FRIGGIN' IDEA otherwise with what has happened from 4.2 to 4.3. At all.

However, the new Hour of Twilight Dungeons happen in three separate times: This "Alternate" time line in End Time, the corruption of the Well of Eternity where we see the Dragon Soul and the amount of power the Aspects threw into that thing, and the current time line to defeat the Archbishop. I'm listening to the Theorycrafting that OMFGCata has done on this, and Jesse brings up an interesting point: If the true future was in End Time, then we, in the present time line, have completely changed Nozdormu's ultimate fate, and that he might just be thankful for the expenditure of his powers.

Blizz, you leave us with ALL THE QUESTIONS! Yes, all the questions. Which some might be answered in the pre-patch to Pandaria.

Also, I too feel bad for Kalec, because damn he has gone through hell and back for that position. That just sucks for him.
Sigrah wrote:- How long before the new Lich King goes bonkers and starts a second Scourge with the Red Dragonflight's power no longer paying attention to him?
This made me giggle. I wouldn't doubt Blizzard, if desperate, will follow up with Bolvar in a new expansion, or at least a new content patch. His story is far too open for any real closure. Same goes with Maiev Shadowsong at the end of TBC, she just...leaves and we hear no more of her. I think Bolvar has more willpower than Arthas, as Arthas took up the helm of the Lich King to destroy, not to empower, if that makes any sense to you. I think that they deliberately left it open because we've still got some Old Gods up there that we haven't really dealt with.
Kalliope wrote:With all this time I've been spending in the ICC 5-mans lately, I was reminded of how recently Jaina lost Arthas for good. She's probably still hurting from that and isn't ready for romantic entanglements anyway.
In all honesty, I've never seen them as a romantic relationship, but having a fond, very deep, platonic (but an affectionate platonic) relationship in which they share the desire to better their people and their faction with the help of the other. For all the head butting that many of the leaders do (King "Chin" Wrynn and the Banshee Queen come to mind, Sylvanas especially as of late with Gilneas), there has to be some sort of Yang to the Yin. Thrall and Jaina, through their motives over the years, have proved that the hatred that the other faction leaders have, they've been able to ignore it for the most part.

EEEK, long post is very long. I'm sorry for the rambling, it's just when I get started, the Energizer bunny starts up, and I just can't stop...
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Re: End Game Cinematic(SPOILERS!!!!) + Short Story

Unread post by Pokerfase »

Jessibelle wrote:
Pokerfase wrote:I think my gripe is that people are like "WTF WAS DAT THEY LOST THEIR POWERS U SUK BLIZZ" when they're forgetting one important fragment of the lore:

The encounter with Algalon the Observer.

They've hinted at this "Age of Mortals" thing before. Because the mortals of Azeroth are flawed deviations from the Titans' perfect creations (i.e. the Dragonflights,) the Titans realized when Algalon was defeated that the mortals could be their key to dealing with the Old Gods. Maybe their destiny had changed after Algalon was defeated by mortals. Besides, who's to say that the Titans haven't tried creating Dragonflights in the other worlds that fell to the Old Gods?

As for Aggra... I don't really have an opinion of her. All I know is that Blizz said that Thrall could end up cheating on her or something.
Ah. I never fought Algalon so thats an interesting perspective.

Eh? Where did Blizz say that?
Here and here. (Obvious spoilers if you've never fought him) Actually, I don't think it outright states the Titans actually entrust the fate of the world to the mortals, but one could make an inference that they do based on the outcome of this event, especially given that the probability of a re-origination was 99.999% (repeating, of course.)

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Pokerfase wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
Pokerfase wrote:As for Aggra... I don't really have an opinion of her. All I know is that Blizz said that Thrall could end up cheating on her or something.
Eh? Where did Blizz say that?
Here and here. (Obvious spoilers if you've never fought him) Actually, I don't think it outright states the Titans actually entrust the fate of the world to the mortals, but one could make an inference that they do based on the outcome of this event, especially given that the probability of a re-origination was 99.999% (repeating, of course.)
I think Jessibelle was asking for sources for your statement about Aggra.

Although I can understand if you misunderstood, as she could easily have been more specific.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Pokerfase wrote:
Jessibelle wrote: Eh? Where did Blizz say that?

Although I can understand if you misunderstood, as she could easily have been more specific.
Yeah I meant Aggra. I know about the titans. Sorry for any confusion.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Unread post by Pokerfase »

Jessibelle wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:
Pokerfase wrote:Here and here. (Obvious spoilers if you've never fought him) Actually, I don't think it outright states the Titans actually entrust the fate of the world to the mortals, but one could make an inference that they do based on the outcome of this event, especially given that the probability of a re-origination was 99.999% (repeating, of course.)

Yeah I meant Aggra. I know about the titans. Sorry for any confusion.
I honestly forget where I heard it.

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Actually, Aritria, Maiev will probably get her story finished. She's popped up in the recent novel, Wolfheart, but there's not good news if you like her. She ends up disgusted with the direction society is heading in and attempts to murder Malfurion before being driven out. With that kind of attitude, she is probably going to to return as an antagonist.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Nooo! Not my homegirl Maiev! I don't wanna kill her, I wanna fight beside her again. Maybe she'll have a change of heart from now until she comes back into the game?
(And I'm tote's derailing this post, sorry!)
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pokerfase wrote: I honestly forget where I heard it.
If you ever remember again, let us know. :)
Aritria wrote:Nooo! Not my homegirl Maiev! I don't wanna kill her, I wanna fight beside her again. Maybe she'll have a change of heart from now until she comes back into the game?
Yeeeah not likely. She's always been a bitter beeotch...making Sylvannas look angelic.

LisaaraPokefarm

Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

Jessibelle wrote:
Pokerfase wrote: I honestly forget where I heard it.
If you ever remember again, let us know. :)
Aritria wrote:Nooo! Not my homegirl Maiev! I don't wanna kill her, I wanna fight beside her again. Maybe she'll have a change of heart from now until she comes back into the game?
Yeeeah not likely. She's always been a bitter beeotch...making Sylvannas look angelic.
:lol: I don't think I'd ever call Sylvanas an angel! I kind of like Maiev. Maybe she should go Forsaken and join the Horde? :twisted:
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Thats why I said Maiev makes Sylvanas look angelic. XD

Psh. Not likely. Maiev is nothing without Illidan.

LisaaraPokefarm

Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

Jessibelle wrote:Thats why I said Maiev makes Sylvanas look angelic. XD

Psh. Not likely. Maiev is nothing without Illidan.
Hey, I can hope! There are always new obsessions! :lol:
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Jessibelle wrote:Maiev is nothing without Illidan.
Well, that's certainly how Blizz has portrayed her, which is a shame, because she could have been so much more.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Jessibelle wrote: Maiev is nothing without Illidan.
And Aggra doesn't even qualify as a character, just an extension of Thrall. Jaina cries when Arthas dies. Ganora's f***ing crazy, Tyrande's stuck in a melodrama between two brothers (and should have chose them BOTH, IMO -- as Austin Powers once put it, ``Twins, Basel, Twins!``)

Thank Blizz for whoever came up with Sylvannus. She`s the only non-whiny, actually strong, major female character left in the game, it`s beginning to seem! At the very least, she`s the only one who ISN`T defined by any romantic relationship with any male.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well it could be worse they could be like most anime charcters :lol:
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

they need to get off their butt and give the goblins a strong female leader. they've gone the entire expansion without gallywix. the starter zones count for nothing on him really. but how absurd is it to have the leader of a race completely absent???? well I find it ridiculous anyway. its about time blizz just went with Her Tallness
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kayb wrote:they need to get off their butt and give the goblins a strong female leader. how absurd is it to have the leader of a race completely absent? it's about time blizz just went with Her Tallness
That would work. I always thought it would've been fun if Sassy Hardwrench had ended up in charge at the end!
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Kayb wrote:they need to get off their butt and give the goblins a strong female leader. how absurd is it to have the leader of a race completely absent? it's about time blizz just went with Her Tallness
That would work. I always thought it would've been fun if Sassy Hardwrench had ended up in charge at the end!
^ Third this! Hey Noah, if you're reading this, please ask your buddies working in the writing department to get on it! We'll give them a lifetime supply of cookies if they do! :D

I always liked Sassy. She might have her own village in Stranglethorn now, but hey, I'm sure she could sell it, make a tidy profit, and would be eager to pick up on a new business opportunity as the Trade Princess of the Bilgewater Cartel. Have Gallywix get hit by lightning while on his golf course or something.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Umbriel of Halaa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Umbriel of Halaa »

Pokerfase wrote:As for Aggra... I don't really have an opinion of her. All I know is that Blizz said that Thrall could end up cheating on her or something.
That was probably a joke; he's too honorable to do that.

Well, unless there was a shape-shifter involved. Or if Aggra went missing, was presumed dead, and later turned up alive.

(Now, I am imagining Thrall apologizing profusely to an outraged Aggra and an exasperated Sergra Darkthorn at the same time. Don't ask.)
Dear non-faith-specific God, I hope so. Actually, I hope they declare that entire subplot of Wolfheart non-canon. She was pretty much tossed off the slippery slope to make Malfurion look good.

Pity; she's always kind of reminded me of the Punisher.
Cerah wrote:And Aggra doesn't even qualify as a character, just an extension of Thrall.
Yeah, that's what I've been saying all along.
Thank Blizz for whoever came up with Sylvannus. She`s the only non-whiny, actually strong, major female character left in the game, it`s beginning to seem! At the very least, she`s the only one who ISN`T defined by any romantic relationship with any male.
Unfortunately, they seem to be on the verge of throwing her off the slippery slope, too.

I've got some degree of hope for Zaela. But I have the nagging suspicion that if we ever see her again, she's going to be reduced to Hecksqueal's arm candy.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sylvannas has always been on the slippery slope. Read her lore.

LisaaraPokefarm

Jadein92
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore, Thrall

Re: End Game Cinematic(SPOILERS!!!!)

Unread post by Jadein92 »

Kalliope wrote:With all this time I've been spending in the ICC 5-mans lately, I was reminded of how recently Jaina lost Arthas for good. She's probably still hurting from that and isn't ready for romantic entanglements anyway.
In all honesty, I've never seen them as a romantic relationship, but having a fond, very deep, platonic (but an affectionate platonic) relationship in which they share the desire to better their people and their faction with the help of the other. For all the head butting that many of the leaders do (King "Chin" Wrynn and the Banshee Queen come to mind, Sylvanas especially as of late with Gilneas), there has to be some sort of Yang to the Yin. Thrall and Jaina, through their motives over the years, have proved that the hatred that the other faction leaders have, they've been able to ignore it for the most part.

EEEK, long post is very long. I'm sorry for the rambling, it's just when I get started, the Energizer bunny starts up, and I just can't stop...
Arthas and Jaina actually had a very deep loving relationship, even as kids. If you read the novel "Arthas" you can defiantly see how infatuated they we're with each other.

Art by FlailingKitty on Flight Rising