Pokemon!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Aleu »

I don't suppose I can get someone to go to the battle frontier in D/P/Pl/HG/SS and teach an Absol Superpower? D: I'm not far enough on my SS game to get it although you will need 40BPs. (For whatever reason it can't learn Superpower in Gen 5)

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Serendipity82
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Hey Aleu, I snagged a used copy of HG but I don't know if they have an Absol or not. If they do, I'll try and swing that for you. I uh..may also need some directions as to where the battle frontier is. I also have Pearl but I haven't come across an Absol yet.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I got a Tegekiss :D I'm making lots of Togepi's in hopes of trading them.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Serendipity82 wrote:Hey Aleu, I snagged a used copy of HG but I don't know if they have an Absol or not. If they do, I'll try and swing that for you. I uh..may also need some directions as to where the battle frontier is. I also have Pearl but I haven't come across an Absol yet.
I can provide the Absol, but it will still cost 40BPs (If I don't get there first. XD). All I need is someone with access and 40BPs to teach it. Absol is a swarming Pokemon in D/P/Pl and will only appear with the Hoenn Sound for HG/SS. XD

{Flight Rising}

Gammaman
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hellscream, Uther

Unread post by Gammaman »

They have a new game. PKMN Black and white 2 if you wanna know about it. ;) Imma buy it. o3o
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Yeah...I am iffy on just what/how this (these?) game(s) will differ from the current B&W.
the B&W2 The cover pokemon seems to be a cheap blend of the B&W pokemon with Kyurem, not sure how thats going to work, whether its a "new" pokemon or just a new form. The fact that its not for the 3DS is a big downer for me. The 3DS system has been out for awhile now, and so far there has been no word yet on a pokemon game for it.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Makoes wrote:Yeah...I am iffy on just what/how this (these?) game(s) will differ from the current B&W.
the B&W2 The cover pokemon seems to be a cheap blend of the B&W pokemon with Kyurem, not sure how thats going to work, whether its a "new" pokemon or just a new form. The fact that its not for the 3DS is a big downer for me. The 3DS system has been out for awhile now, and so far there has been no word yet on a pokemon game for it.
Sorry, but if you actually cared to look into it, it's BEEN STATED that these are new forms for Kyurem.

Also, I'm sorta getting tired of people calling them "cheap fusions". Honestly, I LOVE these new forms. Especially Reshi-Kyurem. It's gorgeous in my opinion. And I'm honestly VERY excited for these games. It's different from what we've had before, and despite what a lot of the fandom seems to think.. That's not a bad thing. Granted, we know next to nothing about these games, so for all we know, they could turn out terrible, but.. I highly doubt they will. I have high expectations for these games, whether they're direct sequels or just twin "Third versions". I can't wait.

Speaking of not being able to wait for stuff.. Dear Arceus am I excited for the next movie! The two new Kyurem forms have single handedly changed my mind on it being in the movie. I'm VERY excited to see Reshi-Kyurem and Zekyrurom (..Yes. That is seriously what I call them >.>) in action. I mean, two gorgeous new forms for a Legendary I already sorta like.. AND my FOUR FAVOURITE LEGENDARIES EVER? Including one I've been waiting to have revealed for over a year? In the same movie? Hell to the YES!

As for them being on the DS... I don't understand why people are complaining. You can still play them on the 3DS. And the DS has a much larger, uhh.. "Fandom"? More people have DSs than 3DSs. I like my 3DS, but.. I couldn't stand playing a main game on it. I love my precious little DSi WAY too much. Maybe if it were a few years from now, they'd release these games on the 3DS.. But until then, the DS is still bigger than its newer cousin. The 3DS will most likely take over in a few years, but for now.. It makes much more sense for these new games to be on the DS.
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I cared enough after a week of sever sickness, and a day at work to come online look at 3 sites about the game, find the most promising and post a link to it. so if I missed the lil blurb about them being new forms of Kyurem, then sorry. I am F'n tired. and yes, I think they look cheap, lopsided, akward and I am not impressed with them. I would probably like them if they were actually symmetrical, but thier Asymtric appearance to me looks clunky and poor.

as for the systems, well, ever since they started making games for pokemon, I have always getten the system for the game, never gotten the next sysem until the next games for it was revealed. The exclusion for that has been the 3DS. its the first time I've gotten a system before a game for it was announced. Considering how long the 3DS has been out...well, its dissapointing to me that they have not updated pokemon to reflect it.

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I'm just happy because I need an excuse to buy a new pokemon game B/W version. I've been planning to use my current Black game as an "immortal" game. Essentially, a game I won't restart. And I'll likely send all pokemon from other games (My friends will probably do the same. >>;) and that way I can just look at 'em and be happy and love it.

But of course moar teams is needed, so a new game to restart and play whenever would be kickass. So I'm excited for it. And yay, not 3DS! We have a 3DS, but I don't like the 3D effects and do enjoy my little DS Lite.

Also nnnngh I really want an AR.
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

I'm getting an A/R soon! This way I don't have to spend hours and hours breeding for the right nature, gender, ability and IVs that my team needs. -_-

And Senna, I don't understand why you have to be so aggressive towards Makoes. Not everyone cares or has time to look up everything about a game, and I think many people that havn't heard about BW2 yet will appreciate the link he posted. Just because he has a different opinion about the look of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem doesn't mean you have to rant about how you're sick of people calling them cheap. Different opinions then yours are not invalid and no reason to rant.

I'm curious as to how they are going to deal with these games, since they are actual sequels and not just a third. I'm trying not to have my hopes set too high in case it DOES just act like a third... but I have decent trust in Nintendo so I'm super excited xD

Anyone else entering the 2012 International Challenge? I've got a team of EV'd pokemon, but no real strategy to my team... I doubt i'll be able to train an entire new team up by then because of college but I'm going to try and enter anyways :D
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

I'm curious to know how they'll handle them as well. I've never really seen an actual "sequel" to the main game so let's see how they'll work out. I reserve judgement until I see more of it.

As far as the International Challenge goes, I think I'll pass. I've heard from a couple of people that everyone just stacks sweepers on their team. xD I'm sure I could deal with it with my Vaporeon and Umbreon, but I'm lacking my teams Absol anyways.

{Flight Rising}

Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Hey Makoes, there is a Pokemon game released for the 3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast. No it's not the traditional Pokemon game, but it's still Pokemon. I've been debating getting it for myself. Personally, a lot of the 3DS games have the feature to turn the 3D effect off so it can be played on another system. I don't see why they couldn't be able to do something similar with Pokemon down the road.

For the record, I LOVE my 3DS. I still have my DS Lite and it has served me well. But this 3DS. I <3 it so much it goes practically everywhere with me.

I really need to get my rear in gear and buckle down and start playing White. But there's still so much to do in Pearl >_>

Aleu, I need to collect some BPs but I'm more than willing to help you out. Just give me some time :)
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Even though the 3d effects can be turned off, they still can't be played on a normal ds. The 3ds cards don't fit in the normal ds slot, they have this little extra tag to prevent them from going in. :C My boyfriend got a 3ds a few months ago and we tried :p

I'm glad BW2 are on the normal ds. I'm a broke college student, I can't afford shelling out nearly $200 for a new system right now in order to play the next game. I'm sure gen 6 will be for 3ds, so whenever that happens will be when I get it :)
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I just hope Nobunaga's Ambition comes out for the US. I am soooo jelaous the Japanese Wifi gets a free black Rayquaza,but it's not for US. :(
Also does anyone have a Tornadus they would like to trade? I have much more to offer in the previous games,but in Black I have for trading evee, togepi, larvesta,any of the 3 starters, absol and a few more.
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Wait...Black Rayquaza...SWEET!!!!!!! Ahhh, I have to wait till the 17th...
Black Rayquaza is my favourite shiny, followed closely by blue Gigalith

~~~
~~~
~~~

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Gumballs wrote:And Senna, I don't understand why you have to be so aggressive towards Makoes. Not everyone cares or has time to look up everything about a game, and I think many people that havn't heard about BW2 yet will appreciate the link he posted. Just because he has a different opinion about the look of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem doesn't mean you have to rant about how you're sick of people calling them cheap. Different opinions then yours are not invalid and no reason to rant.
I was never saying any other opinion was invalid. I was stating my opinion, that is all. I think that the new Kyurem forms are great, and I don't agree that they are cheap. (And I admit, I AM quite tired of the overall hate of them among the fandom.) If I sounded aggressive, I didn't mean it. In retrospect, the first line of my post could have been worded MUCH better. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was trying to be mean or anything.

As for news on it, I actually suggest using http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml or http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/. They're much better when it comes to news, since they focus ON Pokemon. Better than gaming-in-general sites.

Serendipity82 wrote:Hey Makoes, there is a Pokemon game released for the 3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast. No it's not the traditional Pokemon game, but it's still Pokemon. I've been debating getting it for myself. Personally, a lot of the 3DS games have the feature to turn the 3D effect off so it can be played on another system. I don't see why they couldn't be able to do something similar with Pokemon down the road.
You should get Rumble Blast! It's really stinking fun! I had SO much fun playing it XD It's seriously fun to roflpwn things at lower lvls with things like Joltik or Ariados. Go go Leech Life!

(Okay, one of the reasons I love the game MIIIIGHT have something to do with the fact that the most prominent storyline character is, well... A Cobalion XD What can I say? I'm sort of obsessed XP)

Bulletdance wrote:I just hope Nobunaga's Ambition comes out for the US. I am soooo jelaous the Japanese Wifi gets a free black Rayquaza,but it's not for US. :(
Oh Arceus, I REALLY hope it does too! It looks like SUCH a fun game! And as for the Rayquaza.. Chances are, we'll get it too eventually. Unless we don't get the game, since the darn thing IS to promote the game essentially. Unfortunately, we don't know if the game will be coming here. There MIGHT be hope, though, since a few weeks ago there was something from Nintendo in Europe saying that "European plans are to be confirmed". While it doesn't guarantee ANYTHING.. It gives hope for the game being released in the rest of the world. I for one would LOVE to see it come here. (Granted, I couldn't care less about the Rayquaza. Shiny Rayquaza IS pretty.. But I definitely have other Shinies that I'd rather have. *Looks at Ho-Oh in SoulSilver* Shine, darn you!)
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

New wifi event announced for US & EU games. Level 100 Zekrom (Black) or Reshiram (White) over wifi with exclusive moves. Random nature so when you pick it up in game, soft reset until you get a good one :D Starts March 10th!

Also I'm starting my team finally for the International Challenge. Trying my hand at a rain team... I have several EV trained pokemon but I have no experience in the meta game. Anyone experienced enough to review my team? :D
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Restarted my SS after sending all my pokes to Black. Started with a female chikorita named Aspen. All I know I want is a gengar and a glaceon (yaaaaay diamond) and an ampharos. Maybe a Nido one or the others too, I dunno.
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

hmmm, think I am going to transfer whatever pokemon I want to keep in my SS game over to another game and restart SS. Thinking about trying a type of Nuzlock.
Been reading ShirlockianHamps comic on his chellange. I must admit, it made me feel really sad when some of his pokemon died...really well done comic ( I hope he starts updating it again)

~~~
~~~
~~~

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

I should've payed attention to my Houndooms ability... >< It has Early Bird... Over Flash Fire. This renders this Houndoom that I wanted to train on my SoulSilver team useless.

{Flight Rising}