More updates to character creation screen :)

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Vephriel »

I just noticed some new updates to the beta character creation process.

They've changed the UI a bit again, and it looks like we'll be getting new racial backgrounds. Currently it's a bit bugged and only Orgrimmar is showing, but I imagine each race will have their own in a similar style.

Image

The customization previews have larger boxes now, and you scroll down through them. These are still rotatable with your mouse.

Image'

Then, the best feature in my opinion, is that they finally allowed us to zoom in when choosing face/hair/etc. The camera pans in as soon as you go to select those traits. I've wanted a zoom in option for a long time as it can be hard to discern face details on some models when they're zoomed out so far.

Image
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050812_093354.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050812_093354.jpg (153.57 KiB) Viewed 2343 times
WoWScrnShot_050812_093409.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050812_093409.jpg (150.58 KiB) Viewed 2343 times
WoWScrnShot_050812_093423.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050812_093423.jpg (136.81 KiB) Viewed 2343 times
User avatar
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
Gender: Female

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Miacoda »

I am so so SO glad it finally zooms in on faces. I've been wanting that feature forever.

MMO-Champ posted about this a while ago, and I guess the plan is to have the creation screens be sw and org (which I'm so glad for because it will keep the lighting the same for all race creations), and then they're updating the character selection screens to look... Well, better. XD

They have some before and after shots of selection screens, and a video.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/276 ... ts-Fan-Art

I cannot wait until this is completed... And I want to see the new Night Elf selection screen!

Image

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

User avatar
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3822
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:21 pm
Realm: Sargeras US
Gender: Female
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Meggers »

I cannot tell you how annoyed I was when I made a female draenei that looked like she had blackish skin and then to load up in game and see it so much brighter. XD Can't wait for lighting changes!
Avatar by LupisDarkmoon
ImageImage
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7073
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance
Gender: Female foxen
Location: I am "here" or so the directory tells me.
Contact:

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Makoes »

Finally I won't have my nosed pressed agains the sceen while making a new character, trying to discern the different details!

I love the new character creation layout on beta, and now it just keeps getting better and better!

Image

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by mpd_84 »

I'm so glad they added zoom and more neutral lighting. Wish we could get a plain medium grey background option thought. Horde side is still a bit too orange.
User avatar
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 19601
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
Realm: Rivervale US EQL/Azol-Nerub EU WOW
Gender: Female
Location: Copenhagen- Denmark

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Ana »

Meggers wrote:I cannot tell you how annoyed I was when I made a female draenei that looked like she had blackish skin and then to load up in game and see it so much brighter. XD Can't wait for lighting changes!
SOOOO much this.. i made norrathia black on the creation but when she was made she was alot ligther ><

Looking forward to the new system and fingers cross for models to have a major graphic update :D

Image

HUGE thanks to Syleye for my lovely sig

* Flight Rising *
User avatar
Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 pm
Realm: The Maelstrom
Gender: Female-female

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Hesantia »

It's totally fine if you think I'm wierd, but when the camera zooms in to get a better look a the face, can you zoom out again, or do you have to see the face up-close? I would like to be able to do both :)

Image

Sig by me ^^

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yup, the camera zooms back out once you select skin colour or something like that, I think it only zooms in when you're choosing hairstyle/colour and face things.
User avatar
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7584
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)
Gender: Male
Location: I have no idea

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Chimera »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image
Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

User avatar
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:32 pm
Gender: Male

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Rower »

This is a nice change! Sometimes it was really hard to create characters (expecially DKs) without confusion in the colours.
User avatar
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:16 pm
Realm: Hyjal
Gender: Male

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Ellaran »

I've seen the Tauren have their own new background, is it set up that when you're creating the character the BG is Orgrimmar/Stormwind and when you're done it switches to the race-specific background?

Image

User avatar
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:32 pm
Gender: Male

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Rower »

I hope they change the size of the tauren on the new background. It looks very unnatural (like they just copy-pasted the model without caring). I liked the old one better, it looks nicer graphically.
User avatar
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
Gender: Female

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Miacoda »

Ellaran wrote:I've seen the Tauren have their own new background, is it set up that when you're creating the character the BG is Orgrimmar/Stormwind and when you're done it switches to the race-specific background?
Yep! :)

Image

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

User avatar
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3822
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:21 pm
Realm: Sargeras US
Gender: Female
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: More updates to character creation screen :)

Unread post by Meggers »

WTB more screenies.
Avatar by LupisDarkmoon
ImageImage
Locked