Mounts now BOA!!

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Mounts now BOA!!

Unread post by Wassa »

Royi wrote:WOWTCG MOUNTS!!!! Perhaps that one Hahadori mount you've been eyeing will be worth it if its for all your toons...
Oh please. The money I spent on that mount was worth it the moment I learned the mount on Wassa.

=)

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Sesamee wrote:I did read your post. I know some mounts would still be able to be shared. But excluding rep mounts sucks out a lot of the fun...and leaves a lot of the grind...not to mention a ton of mounts that won't be shared. Of course, this is all IF it goes live this way. Which I hope it won't. JMO.
My opinion as well. I've done the Kurenai rep grind four or five times. Can I just get the dang mounts on my priest?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

The reason they're doing that with the reputation mounts is because otherwise, to get city-faction mounts people would just roll alts of the appropriate race and avoid having to grind rep with those cities at all.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh, that's a very good point, Ziarre.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ziarre wrote:The reason they're doing that with the reputation mounts is because otherwise, to get city-faction mounts people would just roll alts of the appropriate race and avoid having to grind rep with those cities at all.
Would it really be easier to get alts of every race up to level 40 rather than use city tabards in dungeons?
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Some people might already have alts like that. Not to mention, people will go to great effort to be lazy.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

The city mount restriction must be meant to avoid that at level 20 a tauren runs around with a raptor. And it doesn't make much sense since with the tabard and dungeons you could ride a raptor by level 30.
Of course this is my opinion, but I don't really care about those. All my favourite mounts come from drops / achivements, so I'm totally satisfied with it.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

But in that scenario, you would only have one city's faction that high by 30. An altoholic like me would get a toon to 20 and suddenly find all city-faction mounts open to me (theoretically...I don't have any gnomes!).
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Wassa wrote:
Royi wrote:WOWTCG MOUNTS!!!! Perhaps that one Hahadori mount you've been eyeing will be worth it if its for all your toons...
Oh please. The money I spent on that mount was worth it the moment I learned the mount on Wassa.

=)

Just think about Wassa Jr. Wassa III and Wassa the Esteemed Local Dye Trader! (yeah i dont get it either)

Side question, has anyone tried the Account wide mount of the X-53 Touring rocket or the Swift Zherva?

I'm pondering buying a 30 day card to get it on one toon (for all to share). My cousin did RAF with me but quit after the first month (after purchasing the game). Therefore 30 bucks for a card would net me a month of playtime and a Rocket Mount (before it gets retired)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Royi wrote:Has anyone tried the Account wide mount of the X-53 Touring rocket or the Swift Zherva?
Currently in Beta, my opposite faction alt has both the rocket and the zhevra mount!
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Royi wrote:Has anyone tried the Account wide mount of the X-53 Touring rocket or the Swift Zherva?
Currently in Beta, my opposite faction alt has both the rocket and the zhevra mount!
ooo thanks for checking :)

Now to complete it now and get the rocket.... or wait till next mount which might be http://mop.wowhead.com/item=83086
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

Sasrei wrote:
Kraai wrote:

I'm a special snowflake because I don't like this at all?

One thing I don't people are seeing is that this ruins character progression and makes it feel like the more 85's a person has; The bigger advantage towards RNG they have.

With BoA everything it feels I have absolutely nothing to strive for on my priest. At all.

I dont get how it would ruin character progression.. I mean rep if you like that sort of thing, all it means is that if your say on your alt gearing up doing dungeons and some mount drops your not going to be ticked off your not on your main. Or if your farming/questing on an alt and you come across a rare you wont be fuming that your not on your main. I know when I came across tlpd on Saon on my 6 month of camping for him on Sas was not at all happy :lol:

All it is, is basically you dont have to farm/camp on your alts or hope your on your mount collector when the mount drops. If anything it gives you more freedom to go back to alts or not feel the need to always have to be on the character that you have the most achievements on. RNG is RNG no matter what, you can do one dungeon on 5 chars every single day doesnt mean youll get the mount. I mean it helps but still rng is a cruel thing.. Play the game how you want to play it :)
^^^This.

QUESTION: when all your pets/mounts go account bound does it count towards finishing a mount/pet chevo? For example my oldest main (Tuaren warrior) is 13 pets away from 150 pets and is only 4 mounts away from 100 mounts... so when all my toons mounts and pet get granted to all my other toons would it fulfill the chevo to cap out the last 13 pets and 4 mounts. (granted the last 13 and 4 are different pets and mounts that my warrior does not have already)

Does that even make sense?

I'd check myself but my beta is messed up right now... >.> beta is beta

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

Sasrei wrote:So far its your chars across all realms have the exact same mounts wit the exception of:
travelers tundra (stupid.. you spend all that gold for it to..)<---dumb >.>
factions mount (uh... ok there..)<---really REALLY DUMB -_-
profession mounts (this I get though)<---I get this but ehh I could go either way
(not pointed at Sas I mean blizz)
cowmuflage wrote:I get faction mounts. I mean unless they'd change the Wintersaber to a Venomhide. :/
I'm sorry but I think that is vapid on Blizz's part (Not you Cow you have a right to your POV)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Woah, hold your hippogriphs. Restricting class mounts I can, reluctantly, understand. Profession mounts, I'd be bitter about (what's so engineery about the flying machine that someone who uses the motorcycle can't use it?). But restricting them by reputation as well? That would defeat the whole point of the BoA mounts, meaning the only mounts you can ride are those you would be able to purchase on that char anyway.

Don't forget - this system is still supposed to make mounts Bind on Account. If all chars are still restricted to mounts they had before the BoA upgrade, it wasn't a BoA upgrade at all.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Andine wrote:Woah, hold your hippogriphs. Restricting class mounts I can, reluctantly, understand. Profession mounts, I'd be bitter about (what's so engineery about the flying machine that someone who uses the motorcycle can't use it?). But restricting them by reputation as well? That would defeat the whole point of the BoA mounts, meaning the only mounts you can ride are those you would be able to purchase on that char anyway.

Don't forget - this system is still supposed to make mounts Bind on Account. If all chars are still restricted to mounts they had before the BoA upgrade, it wasn't a BoA upgrade at all.
The Turbo Charged Flying Machine should be avail for any toon of yours that has that 350 or 375 or whatever Engineering skill. Same with the Carpets at least. I'd hope they would have it still there on my non-engineering toons but just be greyed out or something. I don't understand about that Tundra Mammoth though, since you had to pay so much gold for it (maybe its a early oversight)

Anyone check on the Vial of the Sands to see if thats BOA too?
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

There's two tundra mammoth because they're faction specific, they have faction NPCs on it, so basically it's not the same ID for horde and alliance. They don't even have the same armor color either.
ImageImage
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Royi wrote:The Turbo Charged Flying Machine should be avail for any toon of yours that has that 350 or 375 or whatever Engineering skill. Same with the Carpets at least.
Answer me one question: why? What does this restriction add to the game? Who benefits from it? What is the story reason for it?
For me, the answers are simple: it adds nothing, nobody benefits from it save from one char of one person, and the story reasons are lackluster - if I know enough to ride a motorcycle, I know enough to fly a gyrocopter.
The opposite? It adds another mount to your alts, making playing them more interesting. Everybody who has an engineer benefits from it, due to the previous sentence. The story reason? It doesn't need any, BoA mounts are not "really" happening to our toons.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Andine wrote:Answer me one question: why? What does this restriction add to the game? Who benefits from it? What is the story reason for it?
For me, the answers are simple: it adds nothing, nobody benefits from it save from one char of one person, and the story reasons are lackluster - if I know enough to ride a motorcycle, I know enough to fly a gyrocopter.
The opposite? It adds another mount to your alts, making playing them more interesting. Everybody who has an engineer benefits from it, due to the previous sentence. The story reason? It doesn't need any, BoA mounts are not "really" happening to our toons.
I agree. If you've done the required rep grind or profession grind on one toon you should be able to access the mounts on all toons. The Mag'har rep grind was endless killng of ogres over and over. And then again on Tuesday! The mounts are ridiculously awesome but I will not be doing the grind on another toon. There's too much other newer stuff to do in game. Even if I wanted to I literally do not have the time to grind up every single rep on every single toon. I just don't.

I did it once, let me use them on all my toons. I'm about to start the grind for netherwing drakes and the rays. If they are not included in the "BoA mounts" I will be very disappointed. Grinding sucks and leaving the mounts from some of the most tedious grinds out of what could be one of the coolest new things to hit the game sucks.

If you say you are going to make mounts BOA then be a champ and actually make them all BoA! Make this thing something incredibly awesome instead of a shadow of what it could be.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Andine wrote:
Royi wrote:The Turbo Charged Flying Machine should be avail for any toon of yours that has that 350 or 375 or whatever Engineering skill. Same with the Carpets at least.
Answer me one question: why? What does this restriction add to the game? Who benefits from it? What is the story reason for it?

Because I'm selfish and I'm a engineer who needs more fancy things! :)

I guess if you level engineering and learn it on one toon, i don't see why you couldn't use it on other toons. Those flying machines have been around for 4 or 5 years anyways. I never did have a flying carpet....

Fine, you right, you win.