Who do you think will be the new Horde Warchief?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Who do you think will be the new Horde Warchief?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wain wrote:Actually, I think all those points mean it's time Tauren moved to the Alliance! :D They're too nice for the Horde ;)

Just kidding... I'm not trying to stir up anything ;)
Bad Wain bad!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*blinks at Wain*

Why do I have a mental image of a regular cow breaking the fourth wall looking like a deer in headlights now?

:P

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:*blinks at Wain*
Why do I have a mental image of a regular cow breaking the fourth wall looking like a deer in headlights now?
:P
Umm... you took antihistamines with vodka? ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

Isn't the majority of the Horde still lorewise made of orcs? If so, it's have to be one of those famous Saurfangs or what have you (Alliance here :P ) unless the orcs got their "old glory" fix fizzled by Garrosh and maybe realize that having a good leader is better than having a famous leader.

Anyway, good non-orc leaders would be: Baine and Vol'jin. Sylvanas is cool, not good but would never be accepted by orcs and tauren and I doubt the trolls like her either. Orcs would laugh Lor'themar and his hair out of Orgrimmar even if he volunteered, and since he is refusing even to take full power and title in Blood elven society I don't think he will.

I really really hope that Thrall stays neutral. I think Alliance would have a bit of a fit if first he was all "Yo I'm not affiliated and just doing my shaman thing" requiring our help and being all for running for Aspect or somesuch and then suddenly being all "Yo BTW I'm back with my warhungry gang, yo. Might kidnap your prince too!". Plus, we have really had enough of him. He is such a freaking Green Jesus that it's really be nice if he and his popped-outa-nowhere wife would just go somewhere and lead a veeeery quiet life.

Also, lorewise, aren't female orcs generally in a very unequal standing? I mean, apart from old shaman crones, aren't female orcs supposed to stay home and tend to kids and lifestock? Of course game mechanics say you can make a female orc hero but lorewise I think female orc would not be warchief-material.

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Wowpedia says "There is no discrimination between genders in orcish society. Women are able to pursue the same career choices as men, rise to positions of power and are even expected to answer to the call for battle just as men are"

I think they say that in game too.
Firesighn

Unread post by Firesighn »

I'm voting Saurfang. I've always wondered if he's hearing anything about Garrosh while he's in Outlands. I can't imagine he'd be pleased with the developments, and I'm sure he's be good in the position. Of course, I'd like a non-orc leader just to have something new, but you'd still have to decide on a new racial leader for orcs, regardless. I'm still voting Saurfang, though.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

If tauren move to the alliance I will still be a tauren. Basically I'm horde only because of them. (Will never happen but still, I would follow them :) )
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Firesighn wrote:I'm voting Saurfang. I've always wondered if he's hearing anything about Garrosh while he's in Outlands Northrend. I can't imagine he'd be pleased with the developments, and I'm sure he's be good in the position. Of course, I'd like a non-orc leader just to have something new, but you'd still have to decide on a new racial leader for orcs, regardless. I'm still voting Saurfang, though.
fixed a minor detail ^^

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:
Firesighn wrote:I'm voting Saurfang. I've always wondered if he's hearing anything about Garrosh while he's in Outlands Northrend. I can't imagine he'd be pleased with the developments, and I'm sure he's be good in the position. Of course, I'd like a non-orc leader just to have something new, but you'd still have to decide on a new racial leader for orcs, regardless. I'm still voting Saurfang, though.
fixed a minor detail ^^
If you remember in Northrend...Saurfang threatened to kick Garrosh's whiny ass if he screwed up.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

The Tauren being Horde gives the lie to the "horde = evil/nasty" story Alliance players like to tell themselves, that's for sure :D
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Cenarius (Alliance), Illidan (Horde)
Location: Enjoying time relaxing with my pets before exploring a new land.

Unread post by Ëlfdragon »

Jessibelle wrote:
Xakaal wrote:
fixed a minor detail ^^
If you remember in Northrend...Saurfang threatened to kick Garrosh's whiny ass if he screwed up.
Did he screw up yet? Can we call him to take care of Garrosh? And yeah, Saurfang would be my pick if we had to have an Orc as Warchief, sense, as other said, Rexxar wont do it.

Thank you, Tankperson!
Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

Morven wrote:The Tauren being Horde gives the lie to the "horde = evil/nasty" story Alliance players like to tell themselves, that's for sure :D
I am not sure if you are just being provocative with this statement, trying to start a discussion about the perception of “good” or “evil”, or if you state it just in jest, but I will assume you meant what you wrote and did so to start a discussion on the matter.

I find this statement to be wrong in every sense of the word.

Let me explain what I mean.

First, I find the idea of “good” and “evil” to be labels that should be more akin to actions or statements that are extremely “acceptable” or “unacceptable.” I do not believe in “good” or “evil” in the supernatural sense, which of course is outside of nature, and as such cannot be in the natural world, which in-turn means that that it does not and cannot exist in the world.
For it to affect the natural world it must exist in some sense in this plane of existence and as such is natural (but enough about my view on the “supernatural”).

Specific statements or actions can be considered one or the other, but labeling a person, a group of people or an entire nation as “good” or “evil” to be overly simplistic, divisive, and factional.

Second, the Alliance has been guilty of as many atrocities as the Horde has been during both of the wars, and occasionally during “peace time” aka “cessation of hostilities” or whatever.

If anything the Alliance is guilty of more, because of their continued persecution of the orcs even after the knowledge that they were enslaved and forced to do the actions that they did at the time of their aggression towards their world. Not to mention their enslavement, etc.

They have also been quite stingy with their resources cutting off trade to the Horde with full knowledge what the consequences would be for the citizens of the Horde (starvation, etc).

Yes, what happened to the herbalist was horrible but they made unreasonable demands of Thrall with full knowledge that he would not be able to do what they demanded (public apology, turning over the citizens responsible for the attack to the Alliance, etc).

In essence they cut of trade and made it so Thrall would have to grovel to get the trade of food and lumber from Ashenvale open again. Of course Thrall refused, as any leader of any nation would, and then left to Outland trying to save the entire planet leaving the escalating situation in Gorrosh’s hands. Yes, he should have picked another leader but considering the situation Gorrosh actually did pretty good.

It is this selfishness that drove Gorrosh to invade Ashenvale, because the people of the Horde were suffering with little to eat. This was because most of the resources had been used in fighting and defeating the Lich King. Of course this was also due to droughts in the area at the time, but the Alliance was well aware of this and had resources to spare but instead chose not to help.

While the Horde may be responsible for many deaths with this latest round of aggression it was the Alliance that drove them to it. And in the end the Alliance is more responsible for this outcome than the Horde.

Although both sides have been guilty of atrocities, labeling one side of this conflict as evil, whether you view it as the Horde or the Alliance is an overly simplistic and obtuse way of examining the events that have transpired.

The blame lies with both parties, and neither is good or evil, but in my opinion more blame lies with the Alliance with this particular conflict.

Just my musings on the matter as I have only read three of the books so far.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ëlfdragon wrote:
Jessibelle wrote: If you remember in Northrend...Saurfang threatened to kick Garrosh's whiny ass if he screwed up.
Did he screw up yet? Can we call him to take care of Garrosh? And yeah, Saurfang would be my pick if we had to have an Orc as Warchief, sense, as other said, Rexxar wont do it.
I'd say he has...big time....XD I mean unless blowing up Theramore is no big deal or anything...or pissing off the rest of the Horde...

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think this thread needs some pics of Horde Warchief candidates with the big, sad eyes. Stat!
Kalliope

Wain wrote:...

I think this thread needs some pics of Horde Warchief candidates with the big, sad eyes. Stat!
LOL!

I'd go for angry eyes, personally. ;) Maybe Garrosh with sad eyes, cause no one loves him!

This is going to turn into "horde leaders with laser eyes".....

YouTube Edition

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awww but I wanted to see Sylvanas with sad eyes. ;)

At the very least, Lorthewhathisname needs sad eyes as he probably got left off the ballot.
Kalliope

Okay yes, he definitely gets sad eyes! :lol:

Sylvanas with laser eyes, though, c'mon! ;) Although sad eyes would be funny too....

YouTube Edition

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

cowmuflage wrote:Wowpedia says "There is no discrimination between genders in orcish society. Women are able to pursue the same career choices as men, rise to positions of power and are even expected to answer to the call for battle just as men are"

I think they say that in game too.
You're right, it was trolls that I was thinking about (Darkspear--Philosophies--Live in the Future) "Female trolls hold no place in regular troll society. Male trolls consider them mates, nothing more — though they honor female trolls who prove themselves in battle. Tauren (and orcs, due to a recent decree from Thrall) value their females as more than mates, and allow them to rise to positions of power".

Although the part about the "recent decree" suggests something else, but it doesn't say anything about it in the Orcs section. Maybe it's just enhancing the part about Thrall forbidding slavery? Are there female peons? Anyway, this is a bit off topic but still, apprantly a female orc could theoretically at least be a Warchief.

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I've never seen a female peon. :/ Zug zug!

TheDoomcookie wrote:Image

OH MY GOD SYLVANAS MUST HAVE THOSE NOW!