Anyone check hydras yet?

User avatar
Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 am
Realm: Greymane

Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Fangz »

was wondering if hydras are tameable yet? I was just wondering if somone could check.
User avatar
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1602
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US
Gender: The Manliest Man ever
Location: Aincrad

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Zangor »

sadly hydras still are not tameable. but if a blizzard employee where to answer they would probably tell you "Soon."
User avatar
Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 am
Realm: Greymane

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Fangz »

k thx for the info
User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14063
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Kalliope »

Zangor wrote:sadly hydras still are not tameable. but if a blizzard employee where to answer they would probably tell you "Soon."
That's making a mighty assumption there. :P

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

User avatar
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1602
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US
Gender: The Manliest Man ever
Location: Aincrad

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Zangor »

i know but i have a strong feeling that they will come at some point. seems odd that blizzard made them a family in cataclysm for only 1 creature that was a glitch tame turned into legacy pet
User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14063
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Kalliope »

You can say that, but don't assume to speak for the devs on that count. :)

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

User avatar
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 pm
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US
Gender: Female
Location: Right behind you...

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Ziarre »

With some of the families becoming tamable now, I can definitely see hydras joining them...won't assume, but I won't be surprised either!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

User avatar
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1428
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Maizou »

Kalliope wrote:You can say that, but don't assume to speak for the devs on that count. :)
I originally just read his "soon" comment as a joke about how the devs always mention "soon" whenever someone asks when something is added. >_>

Did I read that wrong?
User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14063
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Kalliope »

Myzou wrote:
Kalliope wrote:You can say that, but don't assume to speak for the devs on that count. :)
I originally just read his "soon" comment as a joke about how the devs always mention "soon" whenever someone asks when something is added. >_>

Did I read that wrong?
I was just making sure. ^_^

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

User avatar
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 3011
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)
Gender: Dood

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Quiv »

I am surprised they arent yet tameable. Gleeok the untameable seemed like a joke for hunters, but a "hahaha just kidding" kind. Why would they make Hydra a family with its own ability if it wasnt eventually going to be introduced.
User avatar
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:45 pm
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Tilo »

I dunno yeah I agree with the spoof at darkmoon faire, & those who previously had the ghost hydra... I wouldn't see why they wouldn't include them, with all the ''new'' pets being shown in the MoP threads, they're really lack luster for me & I'd rather have a hydra over any of the new ones displayed.
Image
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Avatar ➸ LupisDarkmoon [✔]
Signature ➸ Kamoodle [✔]
User avatar
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm inclined to agree. With the addition of Basilisks (who fall into pretty much the same category as hydras, as something people have been clamoring for since vanilla), I think it's going to happen.

I can't help thinking the reason it hasn't yet is just because there aren't (to the best of my knowledge) any hydras in MoP zones yet, so they haven't made a special effort to go back and change the old ones. Basilisks do exist in Pandaria, so once they tweaked those, it cascaded down to all the others.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

User avatar
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:43 am
Realm: Proudmoore
Gender: Male
Location: Lost in the Appearance Tab. Send help!

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Ickabob »

Zangor wrote:i know but i have a strong feeling that they will come at some point. seems odd that blizzard made them a family in cataclysm for only 1 creature that was a glitch tame turned into legacy pet
With all they've done with the ghost hydra, can anyone give a good justifiable reason as to why they wouldn't include them? I mean goats and water striders were kinda out of the blue, and I KNOW people have been demanding basilisks for ages, why wouldn't they grant us the one thing we desire most? It's not like it would break the game or lore.
User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Vephriel »

It's certainly no secret how much of a following hydras have, nor how much people want them. I'd say Blizzard is definitely aware, so all I can wager is that they have a good reason for not making them tameable yet. We may not know why, but doubtless we'd have them already if it was as easy as flipping a switch, seeing as they already have a family ready to go. Clearly there's a reason behind them not showing up yet. We'll just have to be patient and see.
User avatar
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:45 pm
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Tilo »

I'm very patient... however you'd think, they'd allow say, hydras first perhaps, then, showing the other new ones no?

If I recall someone had posted a while back a blue post or something that it had to do with the animations that was hindering them from making hydras available to everyone, don't quote me cause' I forget exactly what it was but it had to do with the hydras animations.
Image
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Avatar ➸ LupisDarkmoon [✔]
Signature ➸ Kamoodle [✔]
User avatar
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:06 pm
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),
Gender: Female

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Bonita »

I personally think that if they're going to make hydras tamable they might be waiting to save the best for last and introduce them in the last beta patch or at launch. They know how badly most of us want them.
Just my opinion :)

Image
Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

User avatar
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7584
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)
Gender: Male
Location: I have no idea

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Chimera »

Yea, its very confusing why we're getting so many different pets, even ones that are TOTALLY a mind boggler, but not hydras. Their models are fine as a pet, so i cant see it being that they need tweaking, specially since they dont bother to fix any other models that do have major issues (especially now with porcupines and their rest ability. They use the armadillo model so they have a horrible skin cut when they all together lose whatever neck they have to sleep)

Image
Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

They must have a reason for not doing it. I'd like one but I'm not going to be too sad if we don't get them as we have quite a few familys allready :lol:

If they do become tameable they better not be exotic or god help me i'll do something!
User avatar
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7584
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)
Gender: Male
Location: I have no idea

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by Chimera »

I hope they dont become exotic, it'd prolly cause an outbreak of rage among those who own the hydras and those who have been waiting for the tame switch to flip.

i dont particularly want to have to keep going BM for things, im a MM, i buy/roll, reforge, and gem my gear for MM, i cant use BM specc to any successful degree in comparison, im also a much better skilled MM in general for dungeons and raiding.. i only keep the BM specc for my spirit beasts. Off note, i hope goats arent exotic.. i dont actually know if they are or arent

Image
Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

No I don't think goats are exotic. :)
Locked