Black market...

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Black market...

Unread post by Slickrock »

I'm going to start working on more gold...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Ziarre wrote:Isn't T7 a prettied-up version of T3? Just sayin' that if you don't want the high price of the originals, there are options. <.<;
"Prettied up" is a subjective opinion. Not all T7 recolors look nearly as good as their T3 counterparts to some people. The warlock T3 springs to mind for me, personally; I love the T3 far more than its recolors.
Perhaps I misspoke, and 'fancied up' would have been a better, less subjective, term.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Slickrock

All I'm saying... Mimron's Head... 500k.. let it be so.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

And I feel rich with 9k gold! :lol: I'm trying to save up so I can finally build my motorcycle. Yes, I'm still saving up for that.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

Well, you can either outbid people or pray for a drop. Either way, it's still gonna be luck that you get something like Ashes of Al'ar XD And I'm guessing things like mounts won't be regular items. Still, at least we have two possible sources for some of the rarest things, and hopefully they'll put in mounts that were removed like the old ZG mounts, and old weapons and armors like the guitar axe from Shattarath.

Word of advice, don't read MMO-Champion's comment section of this update, you will never find a more wretched hive of QQers and elitist preening XD

Slickrock

Ellaran wrote:Well, you can either outbid people or pray for a drop. Either way, it's still gonna be luck that you get something like Ashes of Al'ar XD And I'm guessing things like mounts won't be regular items. Still, at least we have two possible sources for some of the rarest things, and hopefully they'll put in mounts that were removed like the old ZG mounts, and old weapons and armors like the guitar axe from Shattarath.

Word of advice, don't read MMO-Champion's comment section of this update, you will never find a more wretched hive of QQers and elitist preening XD
All the more sweeter if you win an auction on something old and rare. :ugeek:
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

Ok, prepare to see even mooore gold sellers around.
Not a rich player myself, I think I will start to use my professions...
Slickrock

Eziwolf wrote:Ok, prepare to see even mooore gold sellers around.
Not a rich player myself, I think I will start to use my professions...
Easy gold at the start of Panda, skin in some of the starting zone areas. There are a few killing field areas.

Also mining will be in high demand.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Not entirely sure how I feel about this, since they seem to be putting in *way* too much stuff in this expansion for people with bucketloads of gold. Which isn't me. I don't have time to do loads of gold farming. And then there's those new panther mounts, which I'll assume will cost far too much for 'casual' players like myself. Also the uniqueness of Ashes, or any mount like that, has just been thrown out of the window since anyone with the time to make enough gold to afford it can have it now, instead of putting in lots of time and effort into farming the actual thing. Hopefully, at least, it won't be a common item that shows up on the black market often, so it retains at least some small form of rarity.

I'm just generally getting annoyed with all this 'goldsink' stuff they're putting in. I have little enough gold as it is and I'm struggling even to save up for the Sandstone Drake...

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Everdeen wrote:

Not entirely sure how I feel about this, since they seem to be putting in *way* too much stuff in this expansion for people with bucketloads of gold. Which isn't me. I don't have time to do loads of gold farming. And then there's those new panther mounts, which I'll assume will cost far too much for 'casual' players like myself. Also the uniqueness of Ashes, or any mount like that, has just been thrown out of the window since anyone with the time to make enough gold to afford it can have it now, instead of putting in lots of time and effort into farming the actual thing. Hopefully, at least, it won't be a common item that shows up on the black market often, so it retains at least some small form of rarity.

I'm just generally getting annoyed with all this 'goldsink' stuff they're putting in. I have little enough gold as it is and I'm struggling even to save up for the Sandstone Drake...

Pretty sure that's the whole point, its an auction where the npcs will randomly put things up. Doubtful the same shit will be there all the time, or even all that often. Soooo it hasn't been thrown out the window.

If anything the purple phoenix damaged its uniqueness, not the new (and still difficult) way to obtain it. :)
ImageImage
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

aww man. and i am horrible at collecting up gold in that game.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Slickrock

For those of you who are AH challenged.. just do double gathering if you haven't done anything with your profs. Get xp, and mats will sell well for a long while in the expansion.

With this feature, I might have to rethink the JC mounts. If I'm going to spend 500k on a mount, it might be from the Black Market instead.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Slickrock wrote:For those of you who are AH challenged.. just do double gathering if you haven't done anything with your profs. Get xp, and mats will sell well for a long while in the expansion.

With this feature, I might have to rethink the JC mounts. If I'm going to spend 500k on a mount, it might be from the Black Market instead.
Mats will keep selling thoughout the entire expansion, at least that's my experience with Leather. If I'm ever short on gold, and Dailies don't supply enough, I spend a few hours farming leather, and POOF, instant gold.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Slickrock

Gimlion wrote:
Slickrock wrote:For those of you who are AH challenged.. just do double gathering if you haven't done anything with your profs. Get xp, and mats will sell well for a long while in the expansion.

Mats will keep selling thoughout the entire expansion, at least that's my experience with Leather. If I'm ever short on gold, and Dailies don't supply enough, I spend a few hours farming leather, and POOF, instant gold.
Yep, and in the starting zones you should be able to level skinning to 600 in about 45 min, or less.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I just hope that the mounts will be BoP, I can see this turning ugly if not.

But yea, I can't deny I would have to bid on a couple things from there... But I am also on a high pop server and can imagine that almost none of it will go for cheap lol
Slickrock

Yaone wrote:I just hope that the mounts will be BoP, I can see this turning ugly if not.

But yea, I can't deny I would have to bid on a couple things from there... But I am also on a high pop server and can imagine that almost none of it will go for cheap lol
BOP or BOE isn't really an issue on server, as it's going to the highest bidder, so it would be hard to resell.

However.. if they were BOE, and someone with deep pockets moved to a low-pop server and camped the BMAH for a while, and then moved all the stuff off server, that would be a problem.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Slickrock wrote:However.. if they were BOE, and someone with deep pockets moved to a low-pop server and camped the BMAH for a while, and then moved all the stuff off server, that would be a problem.

You can't transfer with more than 50k, so I don't see this happening. :P

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Each server would be different the highly pop servers may be rough. But I think id atleast try.
Working on making gold with all my chars so hopefully I can get lucky. Or say things drop for me, id love to see that :lol:

And actually people have been doing that, they usually buy tcg mounts then sell them to get there money back from what I saw.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Slickrock

Everdeen wrote:
Slickrock wrote:However.. if they were BOE, and someone with deep pockets moved to a low-pop server and camped the BMAH for a while, and then moved all the stuff off server, that would be a problem.

You can't transfer with more than 50k, so I don't see this happening. :P

There's an EASY way around that. Move a guild. Buy a lvl 2 guild, and you can move a guild bank, and everything in it. This standard procedure for the TCG card sellers.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I make quite a pretty penny doing old content for transmog and achieves, much of which I can solo! Gold drops are pretty high (20-50g a per person if you take 5 people into a BC raid), not to mention BoE's, recipes, mats (Sulfuron Ingots!), disenchanted shards, and lots of gold from whatever you vendor. I'm also making an easy money every other week from VP boots and using my JP/honor to buy relics/wands to DE into Maelstroms (Double procs with guild perk!). Needless to say, gold isn't too hard to come by if you are frugal and use these and other sources of income. If you are willing, you can even run it all again on alts!