Anyone check hydras yet?
- Andine
- Expert Hunter

- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:16 am
- Realm: Moonglade
- Gender: Female char
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Goats, basilisks and cranes aren't exotic. All the rest of the new families I think are.
Maybe it's just me, but I think hydras do fit as exotics. I mean, it's a really weird creature you wouldn't expect an ordinary hunter to tame.
Maybe it's just me, but I think hydras do fit as exotics. I mean, it's a really weird creature you wouldn't expect an ordinary hunter to tame.

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Porcupines aren't either.Andine wrote:Goats, basilisks and cranes aren't exotic. All the rest of the new families I think are.
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
And currently silkworms are still boars, though I'm pretty sure that's going to change so they're actually worms.
If Noah is watching this, though... if silkworms are going to stay as tamable pets, they either need to be much smaller or someone needs to design a higher resolution skin for them. They're hilarious at the size they are (and I don't think they're too big from a practicality standpoint) but given how small they are in the wild, their skins are really chunky and lo-res when they're boosted to their tamed size.
If Noah is watching this, though... if silkworms are going to stay as tamable pets, they either need to be much smaller or someone needs to design a higher resolution skin for them. They're hilarious at the size they are (and I don't think they're too big from a practicality standpoint) but given how small they are in the wild, their skins are really chunky and lo-res when they're boosted to their tamed size.
someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Their stable size is quite small, and I assume that will be their final size.
I for one hope they make Worms tameable for all specs.
I always found it weird they were exotic, when all other exotic pets have shown -some- sort of sentience.
I for one hope they make Worms tameable for all specs.
I always found it weird they were exotic, when all other exotic pets have shown -some- sort of sentience.
- Ziarre
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 1896
- Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 pm
- Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US
- Gender: Female
- Location: Right behind you...
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Well, it'd be tamable for all...or having their aoe. Can't have both as the only damaging abilities are Exotic AoE's.
- Kalliope
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 14063
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
- Realm: Dethecus
- Location: Thedas
- Contact:
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
It's too early to assume anything is final.
Anyway, what we know as of right now:
Exotic: quilen, water striders
Non-Exotic: porcupines, cranes, basilisks, goats
Silkworms are a wild card, but will PROBABLY be merged with worms, ,becoming exotic and (most likely) resized.
Anyway, what we know as of right now:
Exotic: quilen, water striders
Non-Exotic: porcupines, cranes, basilisks, goats
Silkworms are a wild card, but will PROBABLY be merged with worms, ,becoming exotic and (most likely) resized.
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!
- cowmuflage
- Petopia Artist
- Posts: 11998
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
- Realm: dath remar
- Gender: female
- Location: New zealand, auckland
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Sporebats are not exotics and they are certainly "weird"Andine wrote:Goats, basilisks and cranes aren't exotic. All the rest of the new families I think are.
Maybe it's just me, but I think hydras do fit as exotics. I mean, it's a really weird creature you wouldn't expect an ordinary hunter to tame.
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
- GormanGhaste
- Community Resource

- Posts: 6722
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm
- Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
I do think they should be smaller. They'll look better, and be easier to use. You obviously haven't tried to do archaeology with oneNachtwulf wrote:If silkworms are going to stay as tamable pets, they either need to be much smaller or someone needs to design a higher resolution skin for them. They're hilarious at the size they are (and I don't think they're too big from a practicality standpoint) but given how small they are in the wild, their skins are really chunky and lo-res when they're boosted to their tamed size.
- Andine
- Expert Hunter

- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:16 am
- Realm: Moonglade
- Gender: Female char
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Sporebats are very weird, but also seem like a common animal that would be handled just like every other animal - just feed it, give it space, etc. Hydras look like slightly more... exotic in their handling.cowmuflage wrote:Sporebats are not exotics and they are certainly "weird"Andine wrote:Goats, basilisks and cranes aren't exotic. All the rest of the new families I think are.
Maybe it's just me, but I think hydras do fit as exotics. I mean, it's a really weird creature you wouldn't expect an ordinary hunter to tame.
I mean, it all makes sense in my head. It may not -really- make sense, but it does to me.
(and I forgot about porcupines - in this mess I call my head, they're still boars)

- cowmuflage
- Petopia Artist
- Posts: 11998
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
- Realm: dath remar
- Gender: female
- Location: New zealand, auckland
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
I really want them not to be exotics as then everyone whos been asking for them since vanilla can get one with out people going "durr respec!".
I hate people who say that as it's stupid. I mean they'd get angry if I told them to respec.
/rant
I hate people who say that as it's stupid. I mean they'd get angry if I told them to respec.
/rant
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
- Ickabob
- Artisan Hunter

- Posts: 519
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:43 am
- Realm: Proudmoore
- Gender: Male
- Location: Lost in the Appearance Tab. Send help!
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
I recently made a thread requesting hydras on the beta forums. Show your support!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4927284135
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4927284135
- Kalliope
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 14063
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
- Realm: Dethecus
- Location: Thedas
- Contact:
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Thread needs more FITE. 
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


