Stable Cuts and Minipet Naming

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Re: Stable Cuts and Minipet Naming

Unread post by Kyria »

Ziarre wrote:I'll...pass on that, thanks. Companions aren't just for hunters, and I'm not sure I'd like everyone running around with a mini-Loque.
What would be wrong with that?

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Only everything. :|
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Great idea. This is a good way for me to downsize my stable for new pets.

Only pet I can think of now off of the top of my head that I would change to a minipet is Ptay's white eagle, Zitkala. I have another bird of prey on Ptay that I use more often (Yakez my Olm the Wise) and Zitkala has a matching minipet skin already.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Ziarre wrote:Only everything. :|
Your argument. It's not valid. <.<
Specifics...?

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Spirit beasts are a hunter thing (ghost wolves are not the same - that's a temporary cooldown). Let it remain so. Every other class does not need their paws all over spirit beasts.

Yes, I know that's probably offensive to those with non-hunter mains. It's still how I feel.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

I respect your opinion, though shamans have ghost wolves, and Karoma is a spirit beast. Sure they're not permanent pets but... they still have them. <.<
And... these wouldn't actually be spirit beasts anyway, they'd just look like them. /shrug We'd still have the real deal, and I'd be glad for that. And heck, maybe they could make them rare pets, so that way they'd at least not be super common to come by. Would that make it better? :)

AKA TheDoomcookie

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

TheDoomcookie wrote:I respect your opinion, though shamans have ghost wolves, and Karoma is a spirit beast. Sure they're not permanent pets but... they still have them. <.<
And... these wouldn't actually be spirit beasts anyway, they'd just look like them. /shrug We'd still have the real deal, and I'd be glad for that. And heck, maybe they could make them rare pets, so that way they'd at least not be super common to come by. Would that make it better? :)

Pffft cos Spirit beasts are not super duper common :lol: I know what your saying but I allways crack up at the "omg it's rare" stuff XD
Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

cowmuflage wrote:
TheDoomcookie wrote:I respect your opinion, though shamans have ghost wolves, and Karoma is a spirit beast. Sure they're not permanent pets but... they still have them. <.<

Pffft cos Spirit beasts are not super duper common :lol: I know what your saying but I allways crack up at the "omg it's rare" stuff XD
Well yeah, I know that. I'm just trying to find an idea that could make "spirit beast" mini pets okay for Ziarre. No, I perfectly understand how common spirit beasts are. :lol:

AKA TheDoomcookie

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think I'd like a mini-Loque. I think the model would suit being smaller. (this coming from someone who does not like the model)
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

I'm just not comfortable with the idea. Spirit beasts may be 'common' to us, but they're still our thing. Temporary pets summoned by cooldowns don't count.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I plan on naming my white kitten Clarice, after the pure white cat from Winterspring that was my dps pet back in BC.
My tiny sporebat will be Chanterelle, after my just-for-fun third pet that I got at level-cap in BC.
Chuck will be renamed Krikey after my favorite soloing pet in Wrath. My worg pup will be Kenli after my main dps pet in Wrath.
I don't know what all changes I'll be making in my stables, so not sure about Cataclysm pets yet.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Ugh, I still wish I could just call out any pet I wanted to at any time instead of being limited to having 5 on me.

I love the GW2 way of handling it. ;-;

Luckily, I don't have maxed stables (12-13?) on my hunter so no cuts for me yet...
ImageImage
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

It occurred to me last night that another possible downsize could be my dragonhawk... I have all of those teeny dragonhawk pets. But, again, I run into the problem that there is just not a mini dragonhawk with that orange and purple skin that I have at the moment.
See, in her background, Neilaren was an apprentice falconer for SIlvermoon growing up, so she was friends with the dragonhawks in the area, and would tend to name them all with names beginning with "Syl-" (And no, I don't think it had to do with Sylvanas). It'd be cool to have a bunch of those in-game as the minipets. Syldra, Sylreen, Sylphie...

I also noted there didn't seem to be any black and yellow mini warpstalkers, not like I'd ever think to downsize Anima. Taming Gezzarak right at the beginning of Wrath was a feat... and I still hope that someday they'll re-implement her shocking entrance effect...

I can definitely downsize my seagull, Pitch. Also, my red serpent, Kanako (although the Cobra Hatching is slightly different in color, it's still very shiny).

As for minipet names in general? Well, when they first announced the renaming, a while back, my very first thought was that I could finally name my Dark Whelpling "Bad Medicine" (it's... a very long story).
Firesighn

Unread post by Firesighn »

I don't know if I'll be "sizing down" any of my pets but it would be a relief. The name thing is giving me a headache, though. I hate not naming things, but it's kind of overwhelming, trying to think of that many nicknames. Hopefully my inner fangirl can think of appropriate characters to name them all after.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

For me and any of my toons this really isn't an issue. I think all of my girls have only 10-13 pets on the high levels and maybe 5 on the low. *shrug* I went through a major stable cleaning twice now and only kept a few.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I might be able to downsize my wind serpents. I only have one left because there was no point in having two. And honestly, there's no point of me having even one, because I literally never use him. But...I don't even know if there will be wind serpent mini-pets, so it's probably a moot point.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Miacoda

Unread post by Miacoda »

I haven't seen any wind serpent pets, but ugh, that is one of my top wants. Imagine how CUTE they'd be a mini pet size!

AKA TheDoomcookie

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Hrm...this might be an interesting answer to Tahl's problem, if certain things work out.

There are a few pets in his stable that I never get the chance to use, but love too much to let go. Cinders, his hellhound, doesn't get to come out and play much because he doesn't really bring anything useful buff-wise to a raiding environment.Clayburn and Elphaba, the devilsaurs, fill the same buff niche as Valiant, Tahl's long-time black wolf companion. Tahl and that old wolf have been through a lot together, and Clayburn's a Kingslayer...so I don't feel I could just kick any of them to the curb. I know there's not a mini-pet equivalent of Valiant, as there aren't any lean wolf minipets, just worgs. Maybe I can make something work out with the herd of baby raptors I have and the devilsaurs, though...

I also know there are no hellhound-type minipets...so I may have to suss that one out somehow as well. Maybe Cinders can become a quilin or something.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Ooh, this sounds like a really good idea! While especially my main has lots of free stable slots as it is, she can never have too much. ^^' My other two Hunters would really appreciate this though, as both are pet collectors in their own ways.

I'm going to be making this list both to show what I'll be 'minimizing' and to make it all easier for me to comprehend. Nani especially has tons of pets she's had to let go over the years and I'm looking forward to getting at least some of them back as minipets.

Nanyana
Image Luna
Image Usva's and Savage's unnamed cub (although I have him as a Hunter pet too, he's already taken the form of the Nightsaber Cub on live)
Image Moonwell
Image Lumihiutale (pleasepleaseplease let me have this ;___; I miss my Uhk)
Image Vrolok
Image Vulcan (please?)
Image Myrkky
Image Nuada
Image Odol
Image Oliver
Image Echo
Image (pretty please?)

Subira
Image Bamidele (any darker colored cub will probably do)
Image Phoenix
Image and Image Hlengiwe
Image Zuberi (another pretty please)
Image Isis (third pretty please)

Ajali
Image Megamind
Image Rupture

---

I may have gotten a bit carried away with Nani's pets... <_<
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Golden, the Darkshore Cub should be perfect for Bamidele! :D It's like the Dun Morogh Cub, only in dark brown.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!