Hunter Talent Update

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Hunter Talent Update

Unread post by Rawr »

Turgus wrote:That Narrow Escape thing lasting until cancelled (the target or the hunter?) must not be its final version.
If it is until the target clicks it, then it will be worthless because it will be too easily removed and last not long enough.
If it is until the hunter cancels it, well, we can just imagine how game breaking that would be.

I imagine that it is dispellable so having a 3 second duration like it had before seems to be the way they should have left it.

Am I thinking about this thing the wrong way?
It still only last 3 sec on the target so Im not sure what they did. :mrgreen:

Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

Thanks for the quick response.
It just seemed out of wack so I figured I would ask.
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

TheDoomcookie wrote:Hmm..... how does a cloud of dust weaken armor? <.<
Nanites.

Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

Spiritbinder wrote:Devilsaurs Delight
The devilsaur pouts and makes big doe eyes as the enemy, making itself so terrifyingly delightful that they fall under it's charm for 5 seconds. Instant. 50sec cooldown. "Super Special Ability"

That's not delightful at all, it's creepy.

Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

These changes are great however some pets like dogs/crabs need some love too :( and some other family may also use a bit of tweaking.

i posted this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4551469200 on the EU forum hoping to get some attention, i'd be very grateful if some of you agree or may even want to expand it and post it on the US forum aswell (which gets much more views).
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Bah, something is buggy and I'm not allowed to reply on the forum. (OH, derp. It's the EU forum...)

My initial reaction to changing scorpids was negative, but thinking about it, I'd be happy giving them a poison stun and moving the disarm to crabs. Which would mean getting a crab again....sigh, first world hunter problems.

Anyway, that leaves dogs and devilsaurs.

I'd give warp stalkers the windfury buff and give their slow to dogs. If that's too many families with the windfury buff, then hyenas could go back to a physical damage debuff.

Devilsaurs would be excellent with the reduced ap debuff - or perhaps a reduced sp debuff! Give them something unique....and really, what caster wouldn't wet their pants at a devilsaur being on top of them? ;) Kind of situational, though. Go with ap.
Last edited by Kalliope on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Seeing if I click with a tallstrider on live...tamed Mazz, I've yet to rename him but I think I like him! He beat out the Clutchmother in 'hmm...which do I want to look at more?' Twice actually, as I had her with me when I looked at him, and took him back with me to look at her respawn.

*Genders subject to change.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

Kalliope wrote:Bah, something is buggy and I'm not allowed to reply on the forum. (OH, derp. It's the EU forum...)

My initial reaction to changing scorpids was negative, but thinking about it, I'd be happy giving them a poison stun and moving the disarm to crabs. Which would mean getting a crab again....sigh, first world hunter problems.

Anyway, that leaves dogs and devilsaurs.

I'd give warp stalkers the windfury buff and give their slow to dogs. If that's too many families with the windfury buff, then hyenas could go back to a physical damage debuff.

Devilsaurs would be excellent with the reduced ap debuff - or perhaps a reduced sp debuff! Give them something unique....and really, what caster wouldn't wet their pants at a devilsaur being on top of them? ;) Kind of situational, though. Go with ap.

It's getting messy in my stables aswell, with so many new abilities and pets flying around :lol:

Anyway i was thinking on something like an AoE fear for Devilsaurs since that's what wild Devilsaurs love to spam when you fight them but really, just like with dogs, *anything* will be more useful than what they have now :(
Kalliope

Oswen wrote:It's getting messy in my stables aswell, with so many new abilities and pets flying around :lol:

Anyway i was thinking on something like an AoE fear for Devilsaurs since that's what wild Devilsaurs love to spam when you fight them but really, just like with dogs, *anything* will be more useful than what they have now :(
I was thinking of a fear for devilsaurs as well, but I'm not sure if Blizz would want us having walking fear machines, even with a delay on the cast. ;)

YouTube Edition

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Ellaran wrote:
The devilsaur pouts and makes big doe eyes as the enemy, making itself so terrifyingly delightful that they fall under it's charm for 5 seconds. Instant. 50sec cooldown. "Super Special Ability"

Add 2 cups of irony, 1/2 a cup of OMGWTHROLFLOL and then slowly mix in 3 teaspoons of cynicism.
Bake for 5-10 minutes with anecdotal banter, then serve immediately while still hot, and cover liberally with sprinkles of sarcasm.

Aka, I was being a twat and just making a personal point of the flippity floppy abilities with no rhyme or rhythm to who and what pet really ends up doing them. The fact that Delightful Devilsaur looks obscenely freaky means I may have added an extra cup or irony, yet makes it taste even better imo :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kalliope wrote:
Oswen wrote:It's getting messy in my stables aswell, with so many new abilities and pets flying around :lol:

I was thinking of a fear for Devilsaurs as well, but I'm not sure if Blizz would want us having walking fear machines, even with a delay on the cast. ;)

I think a pet with a fear would also be a great addition, even if it was just a Devilsaur and a Pterrordax with it... wait what?!? (yeah, I'm still dreaming :lol: )

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope

Spiritbinder wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

I was thinking of a fear for Devilsaurs as well, but I'm not sure if Blizz would want us having walking fear machines, even with a delay on the cast. ;)

I think a pet with a fear would also be a great addition, even if it was just a Devilsaur and a Pterrordax with it... wait what?!? (yeah, I'm still dreaming :lol: )
*grin* Now you're talking!

YouTube Edition

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Pro: Yay, our raid sometimes lacks Windfury (which makes me go Survival), so my gray/pink wind serpent Iku can finally have some uptime again!

Con: Now I REALLY want warpstalkers to have the haste buff too... The more excuses I'll have to use Anima (besides simply "YAY FEROCITY ON ANY PET I WANT") the better.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Add 2 cups of irony, 1/2 a cup of OMGWTHROLFLOL and then slowly mix in 3 teaspoons of cynicism.
Bake for 5-10 minutes with anecdotal banter, then serve immediately while still hot, and cover liberally with sprinkles of sarcasm.

Aka, I was being a twat and just making a personal point of the flippity floppy abilities with no rhyme or rhythm to who and what pet really ends up doing them. The fact that Delightful Devilsaur looks obscenely freaky means I may have added an extra cup or irony, yet makes it taste even better imo :lol:
Damn. Now I'm hungry for devilsaur. And I'm all out.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh, yay! A good reason to use a hyena in a dungeon! This makes me very happy. :-)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

So how long will it take before we start seeing hyenas named Windfurry? ;)
ImageImage
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Neilaren wrote:Pro: Yay, our raid sometimes lacks Windfury (which makes me go Survival), so my gray/pink wind serpent Iku can finally have some uptime again!
Isn't the Serpent buff for Serpents not Wind Serpents? As far as I know Wind Serpents 8% magic debuff is unchanged.
Kalliope

Sesamee wrote:
Neilaren wrote:Pro: Yay, our raid sometimes lacks Windfury (which makes me go Survival), so my gray/pink wind serpent Iku can finally have some uptime again!
Isn't the Serpent buff for Serpents not Wind Serpents? As far as I know Wind Serpents 8% magic debuff is unchanged.
Confirmed.

YouTube Edition

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Bah! That means I can't dump my serpent after all. :/

Which means I either can't pick up one of my three planned Pandaria tames, or I have to dump something else I like. I guess it's either the wind serpent or the dragonhawk...

Edit: Actually, thinking about it, with even less and less reasons to have to go out of Beast Mastery spec from here on out, there's no real reason to keep non-exotic raid buff pets like my cat and wolf. My wolf is the Horde mount skin, though, so cosmetically, I like him. Winna's Kitten I never really bother with; I used him for one raid video introduction; Neilaren is actually Ailurophobic and I never really set out on my idea of having her get used to cats by caring for a tainted one... I may set him free after all. Sooo this should solve my problems. Again!
Last edited by Neilaren on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Itsnotbarry
Realm: Aman'Full

Unread post by Itsnotbarry »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Ellaran wrote:

I thought your post perfectly summed up most players issues with Blizzard - the "lolwut" factor.
I'm still dreaming of the day when pet abilities can be Trained on any pet. DPS beetle with crit buff? Moar customnessising!