New Wolf Skin.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: New Wolf Skin.

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Azunara wrote:I really am liking the flavor one these wolves just chilling around. They seem awfully lifelike, which is a nice change from static meandering around in a small area. Plus, SV or MM hunters finally get a nifty, incredibly badass skin. What I wish they'd do is try to fit this skin though on other worg or coyote models. I'm really not a fan of saber worg, but maybe I could give it a shot.

That skin on a worg would look fun.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I have a feeling that would work about as well as trying to fit Loque's skin on a cat. The skins are built around entirely different models and would take significant work (close to redoing the whole thing) in order to make it fit on the new model.

While Krush has some epic paths (and one particularly dim-witted one), I will always have fond memories of getting roflstomped by Mosh...at level 70. WITH A FRIEND. I'm still not entirely sure why, but he was hitting like a Mack truck and would take out my pet in a few swings, at which point I and my mage friend were toast. I think we eventually downed him, although whether it was after we convinced yet another guildie to join in, or that we got lucky, is harder to remember.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Interesting.. id have to see it in game to decide (still waiting on the lvl 90 templates) but it makes me wonder if they should just make BM add an extra pet ability instead of being "exotics". We have a ton of normal pets that could be considered exotic (terrorpene, and even 'ghost" like normal pets) but maybe they are doing this to appease the mass amount of peeps who dont like BM but want an awesome looking pet. I really enjoy BM spec but im thinking if they are going to add pets like that who have awesome effects (lightning) then eh why not.

Im wondering if that Arcturis bear will pop up sometime?

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Sasrei wrote:

Im wondering if that Arcturis bear will pop up sometime?
glowy version or 'zombie bear' version?

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I don't see whats wrong with giving non exotic pets fancy effects. Just gives more choice for everyone :3
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

cowmuflage wrote:I don't see whats wrong with giving non exotic pets fancy effects. Just gives more choice for everyone :3
And it's not like it's a new standard or anything. Terrorpene for sure. :) Lava spiders for another!

And I believe Sas was talking about the "zombie" bear.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Kalliope wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I don't see whats wrong with giving non exotic pets fancy effects. Just gives more choice for everyone :3
And it's not like it's a new standard or anything. Terrorpene for sure. :) Lava spiders for another!

And I believe Sas was talking about the "zombie" bear.
Indeed haha totally forgot about those XD
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

I have my reservations, but as there are already exceptions to the 'normal looks for normal pets' it's a tough one to argue. *shrugs* Better than handing Exotics to all specs, at least.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I love my Loki and dont care if there is a none SB version roaming. Im kind of excited to be able to have a "mate" for him to acompany me in my none BM spec once this goes live. I do know many are sad his beautiful skin now has a duller copy but for those who have him and would like to get a mate/buddy/friend or just have a none SB of him then here is a chance :)

I am sorry for those who camped days/weeks/months/year for a special skin to have it copied....but see it this way....so many love that skin but not everyone can get them, a copy isnt an insult, its people showing great love for a good thing and wanting it in a comon version :) Skoll is still the amazing stormy blue beast we tamed
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Some don't see it as one, some do, it's just...one of those things where trying to convince each other is getting us nowhere. Wish I could find more of those people still hunting for Skoll when I stumble across him! It's a distressingly frequent occurrence (so much so I had someone ELSE try to rehome him to me once).
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

Please let this remain a wolf. Not a fan of Skoll but that is a pretty skin. Would be a good wolf to name after my border collie Cloud. Pity it's the wolf model I don't much like, to scrawny by far and the never closing mouth.... Might tame it if I have room somewhere.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziarre wrote:I have my reservations, but as there are already exceptions to the 'normal looks for normal pets' it's a tough one to argue. *shrugs* Better than handing Exotics to all specs, at least.
This, more or less. This just seemed more 'spirit beast' compared to Terrorpene, who doesn't really scream the spirit beast standard.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Is that skin legit or are they just pulling our legs? Cause that's a pretty damn lazy skin. They like... turned Skoll a tad more grey. That's it. Wow. o.O

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

I dont mind them at all as long they are not identical to skoll and these are not.
Personaly id love a black skin with red lightning named Hati. :B

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Jessibelle wrote:
Ziarre wrote:I have my reservations, but as there are already exceptions to the 'normal looks for normal pets' it's a tough one to argue. *shrugs* Better than handing Exotics to all specs, at least.
This, more or less. This just seemed more 'spirit beast' compared to Terrorpene, who doesn't really scream the spirit beast standard.
Yes, but you know if they put this as a spirit beast somewhere, hunters everywhere would cry about how Blizz is just reskinning SBs like the three ghost cats and then no one would be happy.

Let's look at it this way guys. No matter what Blizzard does, there will ALWAYS be someone unhappy. It is a statistical improbability that everyone will be happy. There will always be at least one person who is like, "This change upsets me."

So if you're happy, be happy. If you're upset, sorry, but think about those people who will be happy. Put aside your misery for their joy. And then at least maybe most people can be okay.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Jessibelle wrote:
He does to me. XD
ImageImage
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Spirit beasts for the most part seem to be named rare beasts, most of them have ghost like qualities. Though we have "normal" pets that are ghost like as well but never had the same effects the SBs have. With this one its on a common mob with the same effects just different color. Makes me wonder.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Meggers wrote:He does to me. XD
But most spirit beasts are 'spiritual', as the name might suggest. They're all spectral or have some kind of mystical aura to them. Terrorpene is a turtle made of fire.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Everdeen wrote:
Meggers wrote:He does to me. XD
But most spirit beasts are 'spiritual', as the name might suggest. They're all spectral or have some kind of mystical aura to them. Terrorpene is a turtle made of fire.
That's what I was getting at earlier - in the very beginning when we had no "energized animals" and just 1-2 rather muted looking ghost animals, I think SB was used as kind of a catchall for anything supernatural, but then after the first couple had been added, they seemed to take a more literal view of what SB means as you described, so that all specs could feasibly have something special - particularly as regards xpac beasts.

Thus Loque and Skoll are (at least arguably) "grandfathered in" to the current SB trend, and the electro-wolves are basically the mop version of lava spiders, e.g. glowy hunter bait to lure us up to the new cap level. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Worba on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Everdeen wrote:Is that skin legit or are they just pulling our legs? Cause that's a pretty damn lazy skin. They like... turned Skoll a tad more grey. That's it. Wow. o.O
The other two colours of the Skoll skin were created at the same time as the original and have languished unused in the database ever since. That's what they do... create a few different versions of a skin for the devs to pick and choose what they want to use where. And it's great the devs are finding ways to get at least one of the two of them into the game finally, for people who might want them. You only have to look at the sheer volume of truly amazing work the art team have done (and are still doing) with MoP to appreciate that they're certainly not lazy. To me this expansion is by far their greatest achievement. I think they've really outdone themselves.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.