Account-wide Mounts?

Sectumsempra

Account-wide Mounts?

Unread post by Sectumsempra »

Is there a list anywhere telling which mounts ARE included in the account-wide mounts or is that something they're still working on? I'm trying to figure out if my favorite mounts are included...I have the Phosphorescent Drake and I definitely want him on all my characters but if that one is not account-wide then I should go ahead and hunt him on my other ones... What do you all think?

I mean, I could SEE if they make the rare mount drops like Aeonaxx or TLPD not account-wide because they're so rare...but then again, I'd kind of like it if they make them account-wide because then it would make the sell value of rares like Poseidus much higher and us hunters who like to sell them would benefit from our time ;o)

Let me know what you guys think or what you know about this! Thanks so much!!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: Account-wide Mounts?

Unread post by Shade »

Rare drop mounts are account wide, worry not. you'll have your Phosphorescent Drake on your alts.

The mounts that are NOT account wide at the moment are the:

-Faction Specific (like human horses, Darnassus Cats etc. -I do not know if this is going to include rep mounts like the hippogryphs or the nether ray mounts yet)

-Recruit a friend mounts Link to blue post about them.

-Profession specific-like the tailor's enchanted carpet can only be used by a tailor with the right amount of skill ((but gold sinks (Chopper, Sandstone Drake) made by professions are going to be account wide)).

Thats all that I know of so far that are not going to be account wide, as far as I know everything else should be.

From the blue post here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/282 ... Blue-Posts

At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Shade wrote:
The mounts that are NOT account wide at the moment are the:

-Faction Specific (like human horses, Darnassus Cats etc. -I do not know if this is going to include rep mounts like the hippogryphs or the nether ray mounts yet)
I dont know where the thread is containing all the info regarding them... (have no idea what sort of keywords to use to find the thread with ease what with several other thread using the same keywords i want to use) but im 98% sure i read in the thread i can no longer remember the title of, that they made faction mounts BoA and that the only ones that wont be shared are the RAF (and most likley but so far i havent seen confirmed, Scroll Ressurect) mounts, PvP related, and class specific ones.

I have fallen out of the loop regarding it though, last time i read anything about BoA mounts it was when it was confirmed that Blizz made the achievments for acquiring things like the motorcycle mounts account-wide (all crafted mounts in live were already made BoA prior to the achievments becoming BoA, but faction-specific colors were not working properly so ally would find themselves riding a horde chopper and vice versa.. i think..).

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Aww, bummer that they decided to make RAF mounts character-exclusive. I was really, really looking forward to using my Zhevra and Rocket on my main.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Sectumsempra

Unread post by Sectumsempra »

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it. I tried to search the other day about this and just found nothing. I'm coming here straight up from now on!!! XO
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Shade wrote:The mounts that are NOT account wide at the moment are the:

when you say this, do you mean that the Alliance mounts would not transfer to Horde characters? (which seems logical)

or that a player with a Darnassus cat on one of his Night Elf toons would not see that cat transferred to let's say, his Dwarf and Gnome toons? (which seems LESS logical)

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Loronar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eredar US

Unread post by Loronar »

Shade wrote:-Recruit a friend mounts Link to blue post about them.
This is still account-wide on the 5.0.4 PTR. I used my Touring Rocket on an alt, and yet my hunter main and another alt can use it.

I am blogging from 35 yards out, where the view is always better.
Loronar (US-Eredar, Alliance)

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

Sukurachi wrote:
Shade wrote:The mounts that are NOT account wide at the moment are the:

when you say this, do you mean that the Alliance mounts would not transfer to Horde characters? (which seems logical)

or that a player with a Darnassus cat on one of his Night Elf toons would not see that cat transferred to let's say, his Dwarf and Gnome toons? (which seems LESS logical)
From the way I have come to understand things; if you have a lvl 85 Worgen with all the faction mounts, your lvl 40 will have those as well. Then when they get flying, they will be able to use the flying mounts.

Of course, Alliance mounts will not be usable on Horde toons and vice versa. That I believe is quite obvious. Of course as well, Lock, Pally, and DK mounts are specific to just that class as well. A hunter can't run around on a Pally mount. (From what I understand.)

Since my druid has recently been deemed my main, I am actually quite looking forward to the BoA mounts because my TLPD and PSD are on the hunter and I would love them on my druid. As well as my Ironbound. <3
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Last time they said something regarding the faction mounts, they said they were still deliberating.

They said they want them to be account wide, obviously, but they might make it so the character you are trying to mount the mount on has to be exalted with the respective faction to use it.

Like, if you have exalted with all cities on one toon, buy all the rams, nightsabers, etc. then switch to a newly made gnome, once you hit 20, they could only use mechanostriders until they hit exalted with stormwind/etc. to unlock the others you have.

Though that was months ago, it's possible it's changed since then, and they changed their mind.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I know on the beta I was able to buy the turtle mounts with my Pandaren pre-made and then use them on my other toons who had no Pandaren rep.

I wonder if there will be any other way to get to exalted with the Pandaren other than the tabard?
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Myzou wrote:Last time they said something regarding the faction mounts, they said they were still deliberating.

They said they want them to be account wide, obviously, but they might make it so the character you are trying to mount the mount on has to be exalted with the respective faction to use it.

Like, if you have exalted with all cities on one toon, buy all the rams, nightsabers, etc. then switch to a newly made gnome, once you hit 20, they could only use mechanostriders until they hit exalted with stormwind/etc. to unlock the others you have.

Though that was months ago, it's possible it's changed since then, and they changed their mind.

there's not much point in doing this, though, is there.

if your other toon needs to get exalted, it's not like the amount of gold required to purchase the mounts is going to really make a difference.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

Myzou wrote:Last time they said something regarding the faction mounts, they said they were still deliberating.

That would honestly piss me off.....
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Sukurachi wrote:

there's not much point in doing this, though, is there.

if your other toon needs to get exalted, it's not like the amount of gold required to purchase the mounts is going to really make a difference.
A blue post from today actually said they still are undecided.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

it would be a shame if the only thing "account wide" about mounts was that you didn't have to pay for it - once you hit exalted with a new toon. The pain in the butt is all the grinding needed. Making mounts account-wide should be a means of avoiding that long grind on every other alt once it's been done on your main. (or whatever order you happen to work.. I have mounts on some alts that my main doesn't have)

If they make it that any of your toons has to be exalted with a faction to get a mount you've already ground (grinded?), then it's really not worth the trouble of changing that particular game feature. Anyway, that's how *I* see it. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that someone with more common sense at Blizzard wakes up and pushes them in the right direction.

"Step on no pets!"

Schlimazel
Realm: Mal'Ganis

Unread post by Schlimazel »

Is the Grand Black War Mammoth account-wide? I've heard conflicting info.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

On the city faction mounts, they were not wanting you to say, level a night elf to 20 and then stop so that all of your other alli toons could have the cat mounts. Seems silly to me but that is what I read.

Last I heard on the mammoth, it was account wide like all of the other goldsink mounts.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

That one isnt a goldsink, that is the rare drop from VOA. As far as that is concerned, no idea if it falls under "pvp mount" or not. As those aren't shared.
ImageImage
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Meggers wrote:That one isnt a goldsink, that is the rare drop from VOA. As far as that is concerned, no idea if it falls under "pvp mount" or not. As those aren't shared.

Ah sorry-I saw Mammoth and thought it was one of the bought mounts. Tis what I get for trying to be smart when I'm still mostly asleep.

They did say rare drop mounts are account wide. I don't know about it being considered a PVP mount or not though.

I just want my new recruit a friend mount to be account wide. Last blue post I saw said that the RAF mounts would not be account wide when they went wide-but so many people are trying to change that, I hope they do go account wide.

I'm extremely grateful the goldsinks are going to be account wide-I'm having enough trouble saving up to make the Sandstone Drake right now for my Shaman, I'd be ticked if I had to do it all over again for my Hunter.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

they should then change it so that if any of your toons get exalted with OTHER city factions, all the mounts become account-wide.

I have around 6 toons that are exalted with every city. I worked hard to get there. I just don't feel like doing it on EVERY one of my toons.

all they have to do to avoid the "level to 20 and get account wide mount of that race" is to make it "attain exalted with a city faction and those mounts, when purchased (once), become account wide".

"Step on no pets!"

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

this is the most recent thing I've found, and without saying it, it says that city mounts will be account-wide:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... age=15#300
blue wrote:We have been discussing this issue the last couple of days and we made the call to make the following mounts account-wide:

Traveler's Tundra MammothGrand Expedition YakMechano-HogMekgineer's ChopperSandstone DrakeGrand Ice MammothIce MammothJeweled Onyx Panther (all color variants)Cloud Serpents (all color variants)
At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific.

"Step on no pets!"