taming macro

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Oter
Realm: Malygos

taming macro

Unread post by Oter »

/use Potion of Speed
/cast Tame Beast
/cast Silence Shot (can you replace this with like scatter shot one a sv hunter)
/cast Deterrence
/cast Rapid Shot
/cast Tame Beast

would that work as a one button taming macro???
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: taming macro

Unread post by Equeon »

I doubt not a 1-button macro, but I'm sure you could make it a two-button one.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

In a word, no--anything that uses a global cooldown (i.e. most actual abilities) can't be macroed in with anything else that also does, without a castsequence macro.

I'm not sure off the top of my head if any of the listed abilities don't trigger a GCD--I doubt the potion does, at least?
Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

I suggest making sort of an action bar instead of a big macro( which probably won't work because of GCD) You can just click them in succession.

Something I would make for my BM hunter would be freeze trap-elixir of mighty speed- potion of speed - deterrence - tame beast
A spell that should not be placed near any of these is disengage :p Edit the action bar to whatever strategy you want. You can even make macros and place on the action bar as well as item sets(for ankha, Magria)
Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

The potion doesn't trigger GCDs, as my macro has (without looking)

/use potion of speed
/cast deterrence
/cast tame

But yeah, I stay manually eating haste food and setting my trap and if I use scatter or something, I cast it manually, too

Useless response (sorry), but I can verify at least the potion, deterrence and the tame can be worked into one button tame macro :)

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Please peruse : http://www.wowwiki.com/Cooldown for hunter abilities that do not have a GCD (and other classes too)

And..potions of speed? ...haste food? you folks are too intense at taming pets. Beside the old school wolf pet that you cannot tame any more, yee might be overkilling a wee bit.

- Banard the Huntard

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Banard wrote:Please peruse : http://www.wowwiki.com/Cooldown for hunter abilities that do not have a GCD (and other classes too)
http://www.wowpedia.org/Cooldown, actually - WoWwiki's staff moved to WoWpedia. :)

As for shortening the timer....well, you haven't done the challenge tames from the Molten Front, have you? ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Banard wrote:Please peruse : http://www.wowwiki.com/Cooldown for hunter abilities that do not have a GCD (and other classes too)

And..potions of speed? ...haste food? you folks are too intense at taming pets. Beside the old school wolf pet that you cannot tame any more, yee might be overkilling a wee bit.
I think that he's more talking about:

-trash mobs in raids
-bosses in old raids
-elite mobs with unique strategies or high damage like Karkin, Terrorpene, etc
Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

...is it possible to be considered "too" intense in taming pets? :geek:

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

- Banard the Huntard

If you say want to tame Terrorpene at lvl 81 you do need to be intense about it. :p I had to leave him be since he just killed me over and over. Had I been more prepared and used everything like ancient hysteria, elixir of mighty speed and potion of speed I might have had him. Got him later so no worries. It was a noob experience I've learned from. :p
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Kalliope wrote:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Cooldown, actually - WoWwiki's staff moved to WoWpedia. :)

As for shortening the timer....well, you haven't done the challenge tames from the Molten Front, have you? ;)

I have tamed every "challenging" tame, dropped the spiders because their meh and no room for them. I also had the slime and hydra but blizzard refuses to restore it. The only pet i put off taming was the original ghost wolf. Probably would of got rid of him too because back then we only had 3 pets.

This time i made sure i went out of the way to get that oil stained pet and the beetle in naxx.

maybe terrophene at level 81. no idea. Tamed hit at 85 one night to do a fireland raid. Ganked a horde that was taming him too. hehe
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Banard wrote:Ganked a horde that was taming him too. hehe
:evil:

/tap tap tap tap tap

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Interrupting another hunter's tame is a pretty low thing to do, regardless of faction. :/ Let them have a shot if they got there first, and if they die or fail then you can take a turn. It's just nice to have some hunter etiquette.
Kalliope

Banard wrote:I have tamed every "challenging" tame
Then you should understand the purpose of stacking haste and other "extreme" measures.

We don't take kindly to reports of griefing fellow hunters here.

YouTube Edition

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

Hilde wrote:

- Banard the Huntard
If you say want to tame Terrorpene at lvl 81 you do need to be intense about it. :p I had to leave him be since he just killed me over and over. Had I been more prepared and used everything like ancient hysteria, elixir of mighty speed and potion of speed I might have had him. Got him later so no worries. It was a noob experience I've learned from. :p
At 83 with no heirloom gear, some old WOTLK gear still on me and no gems/enchants I barely was able to tame terrorpene and still died in the process. I actually used Orca Stew for the stam buff to get that extra bit to live long enough. Took me over 6 tries and that included a competing hunter and their priest friend trying to help them taking shots between deaths. :lol: I got him literally the moment I died. I had no pots on me or haste food but they would have helped if I did. So they still have their uses.

This was yesterday on my third hunter too.
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Vephriel wrote:Interrupting another hunter's tame is a pretty low thing to do, regardless of faction. :/ Let them have a shot if they got there first, and if they die or fail then you can take a turn. It's just nice to have some hunter etiquette.

Hunter etiquette? Its a pvp server. The etiquette is kill the other faction. It ain't "griefing" its part of being on a pvp server. I suspect to be ganked my horde every time i do a tame, its part of the challenge.

Its Warcraft after all not pokemon.
Kalliope

Banard wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Interrupting another hunter's tame is a pretty low thing to do, regardless of faction. :/ Let them have a shot if they got there first, and if they die or fail then you can take a turn. It's just nice to have some hunter etiquette.

Hunter etiquette? Its a pvp server. The etiquette is kill the other faction. It ain't "griefing" its part of being on a pvp server. I suspect to be ganked my horde every time i do a tame, its part of the challenge.

Its Warcraft after all not pokemon.
The Petopian community tends to subscribe more to the hunter's code, allowing hunters of any faction to tame in peace. There are individuals who disagree and act accordingly, but as a community, we prefer to work as a brother (and sister)hood of hunters.

As I said earlier, you won't find a very positive reception here for that sort of behavior. You're entitled to do what you want, but we don't want to hear about it. Thanks for understanding.

YouTube Edition

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

You better be careful, Banard.
Warnings are dealt out pretty quick around here.
Say something nice or don't say anything at all.
Took me 7 posts to get my first warning and two deleted posts. ;-)

Although I can understand your PvP-Realm-behaviour, I myself would never try and interrupt another hunters tame, no matter which faction he or she is playing.
If it is a mob that is pretty frequent, it would just be grieving.
If it is a rare, the guy probably stalked it for hours, days, weeks maybe. Don't want to ruin that, man!
Fight the character, not the player!

When I tamed Sambas in Shadow Highlands and saw hunters coming my way, I broke in cold sweat as I was looking for that awesome lion for weeks, always finding his carcass or someone taming him. I'd probably would have gone nuts if some alliance hunter interrupted and took Sambas from my very fingertips.
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

When I tamed Sambas in Shadow Highlands and saw hunters coming my way, I broke in cold sweat as I was looking for that awesome lion for weeks
Which make you appreciate that pet all the more :D It's all good you folks follow this out of game "hunter's code", but there is also a large amount of people that enjoy pvp and faction fights. Its why we rolled on a pvp server.

I remember a huge fight over Sian-Rotam back in the day, one of the fondest memories I have. And why i'll never drop that pet. I also like the rush when taming that i could get "ganked" at any moment. It brings excitement. Sadly Dalv became one sided and now mannoroth is becoming one sided. Hopefully, the horde faction will pick up for MoP.

Would love some new battles while stalking a pet...would make them feel more epic.

but of course...each their own. I'll not mention ganking for a tame ever again...or ccing a target so the pet resets so a guild member can tame the pet.