How many would like to see an new Lynx brought back to WOW?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iszabella

How many would like to see an new Lynx brought back to WOW?

Unread post by Iszabella »

I know there has not been much discussion about Lynxes, so I thought I would start my own :)
To be honest, I am very sad that all these expansions now and patches that there has not been a single new lynx added :(
I love their appearance and would love to see a new model, even a spirit beast one come back to WOW one day, as in my opinion it has been way to long for this guy to make a come back!
I guess for now it will be my wish for Pandaria expansion......anyone else?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: How many would like to see an new Lynx brought back to W

Unread post by Vephriel »

I agree that they have a lovely model, especially considering how old they are. I've never been too big of a cat person in WoW, but I've always had a soft spot for the lynxes, even if I don't tame them myself.

I honestly don't know if they'd go back after all this time and make new skins for them with the improved artwork that occurs with each new expansion, but I've always hoped they'd add a black one at some point. :)
Iszabella

Yes true to that...that is what I am afraid that it has been too long for them to bring them back....:(
However I will not lose hope and maybe one day will get a nice new color :)
Vephriel

There's the oddity in WMV of being able to apply the original lynx skins to the new druid cat forms. Not perfect of course, since the necklace things and the teeth don't map right, but it may be an idea at what an updated lynx model could look like:

Attachments
Image5.png
Image5.png (440.14 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

Yeah, I'd really like to see new lynxes that look more like real lynxes. And that has some thick fur.

I can't help but forever think they're a blood elf thing, and they have the TBC-green eyes.
Iszabella

Vephriel wrote:There's the oddity in WMV of being able to apply the original lynx skins to the new druid cat forms. Not perfect of course, since the necklace things and the teeth don't map right, but it may be an idea at what an updated lynx model could look like:

I do like these....just different colors plz! hehehehe :)
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah I'd prefer them on the new model...I feel there's a reason they swapped out the old night elf cat model for druids. XD;
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

I'd like to see Wain take his hand to the Lynx's

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

i would love to see more colors of the lynx, though i preffer the old model over the druid model.
It doesnt look sharp and deadly.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

My first hunter tamed a lynx at level 10 and stuck with him all the way to level 80.
But then, I almost always pick a "perfect match" for my hunter and simply deny to break them up again.

Oh man, those were the days when you had to get by 10 levels on your own before you could tame your first pet and even then had to bring in 3 tamed critters before you got the skill... :D
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Even though I don't have my own lynx, I would love to see them more and in some newer colours. I actually like the model too, despite it being older.

Also, Veph, how do you apply skins to a model like that? There's a few things I'd like to test out. :D

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Bhando wrote:
Oh man, those were the days when you had to get by 10 levels on your own before you could tame your first pet and even then had to bring in 3 tamed critters before you got the skill... :D
Eheheheheh i remember the days where, if you tamed a lvl 6 pet and you were max lvl, you had to lvl your pet up from 6.. XD They were good times. I always made sure to not get too far ahead of a desired model out of fear id have to do the horrendous pet grind..

As for lynxes.... i prefer the old model for sure, and id love to see some more vivid contrasts such as white, black, a dirt-brown rather then the sickly-brown, maybe a brownish red since the red ones are so painful to look at color wise. Some cream/tan/sand colored ones would probably look good too. If they ever were willing to keep the old skin but add new print to it, id love for a more 'realistic' patterned one, and maybe some where they have a bit of creative flair added to their markings. Though if they were to give pattern to the lynxes, or even new colors in general, they would probably switch them to the new night elf model, or introduce the new colors on the new model opposed to reskinning the existing ones for those who prefer old to new.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

I remember taking several pets to Terrokar forrest just to level them, remember losing my first pet because I didn't feed it and it got unhappy on me, remember having to go tame a cat just to learn a new level of prowl, and bags and bags full of arrows, or running out of them at the most inoppurtune time

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Xakaal wrote:if you tamed a lvl 6 pet and you were max lvl, you had to lvl your pet up from 6.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that! :mrgreen:
Could be a real pain to do that. And to tame other pets to get the next level of whatever petskill!

But somehow, this made playing a hunter a very unique and cool experience, did it not?
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Ceravan wrote:I remember taking several pets to Terrokar forrest just to level them, remember losing my first pet because I didn't feed it and it got unhappy on me, remember having to go tame a cat just to learn a new level of prowl, and bags and bags full of arrows, or running out of them at the most inoppurtune time
Oh god, those nostalgia feels!

Vephriel

Everdeen wrote:Even though I don't have my own lynx, I would love to see them more and in some newer colours. I actually like the model too, despite it being older.

Also, Veph, how do you apply skins to a model like that? There's a few things I'd like to test out. :D
In the case of the lynxes anyone can do it, their skin options show up in the dropdown menu when looking at the night elf cat druid form. :)
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Vephriel wrote:In the case of the lynxes anyone can do it, their skin options show up in the dropdown menu when looking at the night elf cat druid form. :)
Oh right. xD Damn, would've been fun to see some skins on different models. (E.g. Black lion skin on Sambas model.)

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

The nostalgia is wonderful, the reality was less so. :P Some of those things were really a pain in the arse to deal with back in the day...for instance, although you had three pet slots you effectively only had two, because one always had to be open for learning skills with. Sucked hardcore because you could not keep ANYTHING other than the bare neccessities...sentimental bond to an old pet? Forget it, no room.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ziarre wrote:sentimental bond to an old pet? Forget it, no room.
That is where I'm in advantage. I always think about what pet would best fit my hunter (since I am a role player, this matters a lot to me) then I go tame it and stick to it.

My Tauren hunter Ashone tamed a boar as soon as possible. Later on, I tamed one of the armored boars found in some quilboar dungeon. So, when I went around playing the game, the boar was up in arms running beside me, when I was roleplying in some "civil outfit", he was walking without armor beside the Tauren. Gave them the same name and there ya go.

Each and every of my hunters always stuck with the one pet he got as "his match" all the way up to max level.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I'd have to disagree on the sentimental part to. As soon as I could, I tamed a hyena, when at lv for SM, I traded my barrens one in for the a red hyena. I've had Nanaki ever since (3+yrs) (Slaverjaw when red hyena's turned mutt...but to me he's still the same one from SM) Still managed to learn ever single pet ability before that was removed, and kept my pets at my level.

As to Lynx, I love the cats, the model in game bugs me a bit because of the nose, but I would love to see more varieties of lynx in game. It really is a nice model.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?