Some pet abilities that may need to change

Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Re: Some pet abilities that may need to change

Unread post by Oswen »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:I like the Scorpid family. . . however, I think they need to be LARGER, about the size of a Bear, and need a new ability. Here, is my idea!

Scorpid's Neurotoxin
- Instant
- 2 Minute Cooldown
Your Scorpid stings the target, injected them with a neurotoxic venom. For 1 minute, the target starts to gradually slow down. After that minute, the target freezes for 20 seconds.
While relating the scorpid special ability to their neurotoxins would be a great idea i think the way you put it is a bit overpowered :lol: i'd love to CC something (especially the damn healers!) for 20 secs though!

About the Devilsaur and fear thing...those were just random ideas which made sense somewhat, we "stole" anything from battle ress to heroism, i don't think having one exotic pet with a fear would be such a big problem but anyway...as of now Monstrous Bite is very dull (and useless since we can apply the debuff with widow venom ourselves) and having our big dinos compete against Quilen and Waterstriders (which have both a superior exotic ability) in terms of buffing puts them in a very "borderline" status regarding how useful they actually are (but they re still awesome though), really *anything* over the mortal strike effect would work!

I still think, though, that dogs and crabs should be the first to be looked upon, spiders/silithids have a ranged root which requires no channeling (so the pet can attack) and which even last one second longer (4 secs of lock jaw/pin against 5 of web, really?!).
If a total rework of their ability would be too much i think that even just giving them an istant, non channeled, 5 seconds root (maybe with a shorter cd since they require melee range?) would be totally fine and at least give us a true choice to spiders/silithids regarding rooting pets.

Release is getting closer and closer, i guess that since no changes have been made in all this time Dogs/Crabs are probably deemed "fine" as they are :cry:
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

And basilisks' ability is still unremittingly terrible. Honestly, since the dog/crab ability is no longer broken by KC, (at least it wasn't when I tested it), it's less horrible than basilisks.

The basilisk ability is just... bad bad bad bad BAD.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Nachtwulf wrote:And basilisks' ability is still unremittingly terrible. Honestly, since the dog/crab ability is no longer broken by KC, (at least it wasn't when I tested it), it's less horrible than basilisks.

The basilisk ability is just... bad bad bad bad BAD.

I like the idea of banish, but as mentioned earlier it should have a longer duration as it makes the target immune to damage. Currently there is no reason to take a basalisk over a spider or monkey in any cc situation. Also, I don't know what the range is, but it also most certainly shouldn't be melee range. 20y would suit it just fine.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Sporebats. ._.

I saw a suggestion on the official forums to give sporebats the spellhaste buff, as it's the only buff/debuff hunters cannot bring to the table.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yes, right now it's too short to be CC, and the immunity component makes it worthless as a normal stun.

Honestly, I just want to get rid of it. Replace it with a casting or attack speed debuff? Or a 2-sec NON IMMUNE stun? Frankly, I'd take anything over what it is now. :(

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket