Recap (pics) of Challenge Mode Armour Sets

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Re: Recap (pics) of Challenge Mode Armour Sets

Unread post by Magli »

That looks like the correct right shoulder, but the wrong left shoulder. And I wonder whether the white and black sets will show up at some point....

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

I was kinda hoping that they would use the white skin, oh well.
Hope that it's available at some point though.
Hmm. Part me is happy that the dragon pvp gear is easier to get now,
but I'm still going to be wanting to do Challenge runs.
<3 the Druid armour, but the Mage kinda creeps me out. :|

Does it occur to anyone else that the spiky helm can be used as a weapon it's self? :lol:
You could just take it off and through it at someone.
Last edited by Zalani on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Zalani wrote:Does it occur to anyone else that the spiky helm can be used as a weapon it's self? :lol:
You could just take it off and through it at someone.
HELM-A-RANG! :D

...BRB, I'll glue it to my Lootarang.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Wain wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote: The DK armor is neat, I like the shapes, especially on the helm and shoulders. ..... The only real downside is the color. Bright yellow and blue don't really seem… Death Knighty to me. They seem like Paladin colors.
You know, as I read this I had a thought...

The traditional Chinese funeral colour, associated with death, isn't black, it's white. How amazingly different could a deathly, perhaps corpulent, white DK set be? :)
Someone actually read through my ridiculousness? xD

That's a good point- white could be pulled off well. Honestly, I think it could have looked really good if perhaps the yellow was toned down a little- make it feel a little colder instead of just bright. It already has a cold feel, but the colors are similar to the Paladin set, which makes it look a touch out of place to me. Maybe swapping the yellow/beige out for a light grey?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

My only real issue with the death knight set is the helm... those eyes on it are just way spaced out.
My own death knight is gunning for that blue pvp set... so cool!
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I still don't get why people always say Hunter gear is "Always Bad"... I haven't disliked a set since Giant Stalker. This set in particular, however, I am in love with. I'd say I love just about all of them except Mage, Monk (not a huge fan of the helm), and Warrior.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I really like the DK, Paladin, and Druid sets. The Hunter and Warlock sets, the ones I'm interested in, are terrible. /sigh
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The hunter one....does nothing for me personally. I am not fond of that colour scheme at all.

I love the warlock one, and the DK one really appeals to me for some reason. I think the mage one is neat, and the shaman is pretty cool. The rest are alright.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Vephriel wrote:The hunter one....does nothing for me personally. I am not fond of that colour scheme at all.

I love the warlock one, and the DK one really appeals to me for some reason. I think the mage one is neat, and the shaman is pretty cool. The rest are alright.
There are two other recolors, a black and a white.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

So, here are my scores (keep in mind that I will judge all sets without helmets, as I never ever wear them and consider most ugly as hell anyway):

DK 8/10
I really like the colour scheme and the armour in general, but I am not so keen on the shoulders or on the leather straps across the chest. LOVE the boots.

Druid 10/10
My favourite of them all, even the hood. Really pretty.

Hunter 8/10
I don't like the hairy chest, and the really silly wolf face on the tummy. I do like the colour scheme, the shoulders are very cool and I think it's great that it looks like something a hunter would have sown out of hunted animal skins. Not so suitable for a BM though, I have to agree.

Mage 2/10
The helmet is so ridiculous that I can't even ignore it in the score. I hate the colour combination; purple, green, blue, white...ORANGE??? Ew. It looks messy and slapped together. Bleargh.

Monk 9/10
At first I was a bit bored, but it's growing on me. I like the warm colours and the wonderful footwear. It looks like a good combination of regal and monk-y.

Paladin 7/10
Quite safe and boring. It's not ugly or anything, but I have liked other sets of theirs much more than this. The wings are an interesting touch, and I really like the boots and especially the belt buckle. The vibrant blue is nice.

Priest 4/10
Simply boring. The colours, the shape, everything about it is totally forgettable.

Rogue 10/10.
Gorgeous, I think everything has hit the nail here. REALLY love the shoulders and the belt in particular.

Shaman on a Troll and maybe an Orc 9/10
on anything else 2/10
I love tribal outfits, but as I don't think they suit anyone but Trolls and Orcs and maybe Tauren on a good day, this set makes me ambivalent. My two main shammies are Trolls, so for me personally it's great, but my Draenei shaman would look terrible in this. One point lost for trousers, I prefer kilts. Also, the shoulders are far too large.

Warlock 10/10
Despite the ridiculously large helmet, it's simply a gorgeous set. The colours, the ripped look, the tattoos...I really love it.

Warrior 5/10.
Dull, but at least the colours are nice. There's nothing offensive or impressive here. It's ok.