Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by Aquillian »

If there are any slots open -

Name: Aquillian
Level: 85
Exotics: Fine by me
Restrictions: None ^^ 3 slots open until Mists, may as well do something funky with 'em.
Rares I Have: Loque, King Krush, Skoll, Snarler, Sambas, Banthalos (temp. tame), Deth'tilac, Solix, Maddexx x2 (green & blue), Humar

And if not disregard this with my apologies :)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

There's no such things as closed slots for this. :) Might take me a little longer to get all the rolls out when lots of people sign up, but that's okay! :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Dalianza(Laetificat):
Green Wind Serpent

Suzee&Monzaemon(Jurzee):
Green Shale Spider

::OR, In case you don't have her::

Red Beetle

Eternallylostx(Hokousha):
Black Striped Cat

::OR, if you're Horde::
Yellow Hyena

Solarii(Farron):
Blue-Green Serpent

Aquillian:
Brown Scarab Beetle

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Wow, this was earlier then I thought. Anyway, I don't have screenshots on this computer so I'll try to edit them in later or take new ones. Annnd I can't find where to get them on the laptop.

I was assigned Black Striped Cat.

I decided to name it "Astral". I thought the white striped against the black fur/skin looked like streaks of stars against the sky, and I just love the stars. I love cats in real life, but one thing I found odd, was the claws. I just thought the claws were a bit too big for him. But It kinda fits in.

After I tamed it, I decided to try him out, and queued up, ending up getting Mauradon. First fun, the epic dagger dropped. What luck. After that, we headed to the Darkmoon Faire to turn in the Egg quest, because that just dropped off the croc, too. Turning in the quest, Me and the kitty leveled up. we queued up again and checked on the Darkmoon Rabbit while we were there.

Being a sole Ferosity spec, The cat was meant for DPS. I was impressed with his DPS output, but nobody had meters, so we couldn't figure out where we were on the charts. Oh well, next run.

Overall, I really loved him, the color scheme is very pretty, too. I think he's staying in my stables for a long time.

I'd like another please.
Name: Hokousha
Lvl: 38
Exotics: Not yet
Restrictions: No monkies or gorillas. And no cats. I have too many.

Edit;;
Last edited by Eternallylostx on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

I was assigned a white Devilsaur :3 And boy are they hard to find. Of course the one I was looking for was in the last place I'd look, on the far side of Un'Goro. It doesn't help that I was forced to ride on the ground because the entire world is loading very slowly for me after the latest patch. :/

One forgets how huge these things are, especially for mobs in their 50s. She didn't like the idea of coming along with me at first...

But she soon understood and warmed up to me. At least a bit. Then I decided to take a nice look at her.

With the new lighting when highlighted:

Not highlighted:

Bestial Wrath:

And obligatory swimming:

I decided to name her Mystic and... finally turned my WoW sound on. Honestly I'd forgotten what Devilsaurs sound like, and it surprised me that I could akin the sound to a mechanical elephant trumpeting and growling. It was really disconcerting, certainly not my most favorite sound, but at least they've long since fixed the bug that makes them shake the ground when they move. I got headaches from just watching my screen bounce back then...

Her albino skin is really interesting, especially with how her eyes glow pink. Even with the rest of her is red. Very eerie, but we had some good fun. I brought her along to my Firelands runs (which resulted in the Fire Hawk being won), and she did a great job ruining the Sons of Flame. Though when I decide to use Lynx Rush on her, it looks more than a little funny to see such a bulky animal hop around.

The animations are great, I love her passive little roar that happens now and then (even if the sound still gets to me), and the way she strikes her opponents in combat. Again, it's hilarious to watch such a huge girl hop around during Lynx Rush, but I only find the comically unnaturalness of it all adds to the charm of the creature. I adore Devilsaurs, and she reminds me of... I think his name was Korath. o.o Holy crap I just remembered the name of my Devilsaur back in BC. Though he was the black and blue model.

I will be setting her free, however. :3 I hope she had a lot of fun and enjoys her life in Un'Goro with the other devilsaurs. I think I'd like to spend time with another pet, too.

Name: Shade
Exotics: Can do
Restrictions: Anything but Chromagus or apes/monkeys.
Rares I Have: All of the Spirit Beasts, all of the challenge tames, Terrorpene, Sambas...
Attachments
Mystic5.png
Mystic5.png (271.66 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Mystic6.png
Mystic6.png (207.15 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
Mystic7.png
Mystic7.png (245.23 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Mystic8.png
Mystic8.png (236.68 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Mystic9.png
Mystic9.png (226.55 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Mystic10.png
Mystic10.png (205.94 KiB) Viewed 3261 times

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Eternal: If you're playing on Vista/Windows 7 on your laptop; to find your screenshots you go to the start menu -> Computer (This might be on your desktop as well; if so, just double click it and skip the Start Menu step) -> OS(C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> World of Warcraft -> Screenshots

Eternallylostx(Hokousha):
Yellow Scorpid

Shade ღ:
Red Serpent

[/center]
Danoran
Realm: Stonemaul, Muradin

Unread post by Danoran »

I was assigned the grey moth. Image My first thought when assigned a moth was disappointment. I hadn't ever tamed a moth, and wasn't really a fan. Doubts aside, I made my way to the Azuremyst Isles, where the Grey Moth is found.
It took me a bit to remember I couldn't fly. :lol:

When I finally reached my destination, I managed to spot and tame one of the fellows.

For a while, I pondered over a name, settling on Frost.

I took Frost out in front of Stormwind and dueled a few people. Although not as effective as my cat, Winter, Frost held his own, and I was impressed. The silence was surprisingly helpful. I then took Frost through a few battlegrounds, and was once again surprised. Although I didn't end up keeping Frost, I have definitely gained a new respect for the moth family.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Thanks, but I don't think this laptop is Vista/Windows 7. I'll just write about it until then, thanks anyways.

And, ooOo. Scorpid, I'll get on that
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

Thank you so much! I have a few days off so I'll do it within the next week :)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No worries. Take your time. :)

[/center]
Dalianza
Realm: Kael'Thas (US/Oceanic)

Unread post by Dalianza »

Eternal: Another way to access your screenshots (If you are using any kind of Windows I believe) is right-click on your Warcraft desktop icon > Select "Open File Location" This will take you to your main World of Warcraft folder, you should be able to access your screenshot folder from there :)

Thanks to LupisDarkmoon for drawing Raiden for me! Love him!

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Dalianza wrote:Eternal: Another way to access your screenshots (If you are using any kind of Windows I believe) is right-click on your Warcraft desktop icon > Select "Open File Location" This will take you to your main World of Warcraft folder, you should be able to access your screenshot folder from there :)
Thanks. Found the cache that way, too.
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

My assignment was the yellow scorpid:

I went to Uldum and tamed a sand scorpid. There are only a few sand scorpids in that zone. I feel like some tradegy happened that wiped most of them out. Maybe they just can't compete with the Venomscale Spitter which is all over the place. I ended up creating a tar macro to find myself one. He was an easy tame.

I've done a scorpid for this before the white scopid skin. The yellow skin doesn't seem nearly as glossy.

So, here we see him from the front. He has the typical scorpid upside down mustache and grumpy face. In motion those antenna move very fluidly like they are underwater it is an interesting effect. His mouth does this little open and close thing that makes him look really grumpy. The idle animation for scorpids is anything but grumpy. They bring there claws up and wave them back in forth.

If you look at the side view you can see there is quite a bit of detail with the spines on the legs. The segmented tail and pointy legs lends itself well to the older boxier design.

From the back though you can really see the low resolution on the textures of the joints and underbelly(do scorpids even have bellies?).

From the top you can clearly see where the different textures meet up on the claws as it is delineated with a dark line.

I was rather stumped for a name for this scorpid. The first thing that popped in my head was Lime. The name ended up sticking since no one came up with a better suggestion. Several of my guildies really liked the name Lime for him.

Shortly after I got Lime I discovered a change I hadn't noticed since I got back. When your pet cowers, they use the death animation. I've no clue when this was added but it can lead to comical results with some of the pet families. It works really well for the Lime because when he collapses to the ground it is in such a position he can quickly get back on his feet.

I don't have many fighting pictures with him I want to share. I took him into heroic stone core to solo, that didn't end well for him.(at the time he was suffering from the armor squishiness. it has since been hotfixed) I also took him on several dungeon runs helping out some guildies. He died again during the first run because i forgot to take the taunt off.

Amusingly, Lime never had much of a personality until it was time to leave. He informed me he wasn't goign to stick around any longer and No he wasn't going back to Uldum. I was suppose to land right there and he was leaving. He waved bye to me and scuttled off into the brush before I could wave back.

I'm not sure how happy he will be in STV. I thought he was in such a hurry to leave because he saw a girl scorpid or soemthing, but I don't think there are any other scorpids in STV. If some do show up in the future, we'll know it is because of Lime. I now seriously think he was just using me to get out of Uldum.

I'd like another please:
Name: Akycha
Level:85
Exotics: yes
Restrictions: none as of yet.
Rares: Grubthor, Loque'nahak, Skarr, Skoll, Karoma, Oil-stained Wolf
Attachments
Lime_back.png
Lime_back.png (221.71 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Lime_bye1.png
Lime_bye1.png (347.17 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Lime_bye2.png
Lime_bye2.png (342.79 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Lime_cower.png
Lime_cower.png (373.83 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Lime_front.jpg
Lime_front.jpg (84.21 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Lime_side.png
Lime_side.png (376.93 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Lime_swim.png
Lime_swim.png (166.36 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Lime_top.png
Lime_top.png (367.63 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Dalianza
Realm: Kael'Thas (US/Oceanic)

Unread post by Dalianza »

Random Pet Challenge (undertaken on my level 82 hunter alt Laetificat)

Pet I was given: Wind Serpent (Green)

I went and tamed one of the Wind Serpents from just outside Wailing Caverns.

Name I gave him:
Malachite

Model:
The model is really very smooth. Unlike some other older models all the various parts fit together well. One of the first things I noticed about Mal where his colours. I really love the colours and patterns on this model. The variations on the scales look really good. My only complaints were the "feathers" on the wings of the model look a lot more like skin, lacking the details of feathers on some other models, and his face looked a bit... off. The eye looks fine, but he appears to have a slightly concerned leer, which was a little disturbing when I look back at the screenshots. From the back his crest was also noticeably 2D, whereas from other angles it was a lot more fleshed out - once again though, I was under the impression that the crest was also supposed to be feathers, which was a little hard to believe.

His wings also looked a little bit too small, but that might just be me.

Animations:
Idle: Mal didn't really have an idle animation aside from the flapping in place that they do. Animations are not as smooth as they perhaps could be, it tends to "kick" suddenly at points which is a little bit annoying considering you expect it to a be a bit smoother (not unlike a snake really).
In motion: the kick isn't as noticeable, but it gives an impression of being very taxing for him to fly along. When you are mounted and he follows, the fast fly looks a bit silly.

I have a dragonhawk on my main and the flying/idle animations look so much smoother and well rounded then the ones on the Wind Serpent. Dragonhawks look almost elegant, compared to Wind Serpents who give the overall impression of struggling to stay airborne most of the time. An idle animation of them resting on the ground similar to the snake models would be nice.

What I did love animation wise though where his swimming and idle in water animations. When idle in water he paddled with his wings with his head just above the water. When in motion in water he folds his wings in and slithers, which is one of his best animations, it really is lovely to watch.

I didn't get any good shots of Mal swimming with me, I'm currently using my laptop so I can't swim, swivel the camera and take screenshots at the same time (have to press two buttons at once to screenshot unfortunately)

When fighting he has two animations - a bite/lunge and a tail lash. The tail whip looks quite good, he raises himself higher in the air using his wings and swipes his tail forwards. The bite/lunge he lunges forwards slightly and bites (a bit obvious, but there you go)

Sounds:
Mal didn't really make too much noise, especially compared to some other pet types (Raiden, I'm looking at you boy). In combat he made the usual snake hisses and snarls, but aside from that there was little other noise. Out of combat the only sound he appears to make is the wing flap noise

Abilities:
His main special attack is a debuff which causes the target to take extra damage from magic for 45s. This is pretty useless to a hunter, but could be beneficial in raids/pvp if you have a lot of casters and don't need to bring another type of buff for the raid.

All in all, I didn't mind having Mal around, so I think I will keep him for the time being. If only to get him out and take him swimming with me :)

Malachite saw what you did there.

Thanks to LupisDarkmoon for drawing Raiden for me! Love him!

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Name: Meggers
Level: 32 (yay for leveling)
Exotics: Can't
Restrictions: No monkeys/apes(dislike them), cats, wolves...trying to step out of a comfort zone and get a new friend.
Rares I Have: None, this toon is too low.

She has two pets so far, one I am not feeling love from at all (Humar) and one I love to bits (brown/yellow outland raptor model named Snickers, hes her #1) I'm trying to think of what pets I'd want with this character and I'd appreciate a bit of a random roll for this one to test some new guys out. I don't mind walking/traveling far to get something either.

woo this is my first time with this :D
Last edited by Meggers on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

Meggers wrote:Name: Meggers
Level: 28
Exotics: Can't
Restrictions: No monkeys/apes(dislike them), cats, wolves...trying to step out of a comfort zone and get a new friend.
Rares I Have: None, this toon is too low.

She has two pets so far, one I am not feeling love from at all (Humar) and one I love to bits (brown/yellow outland raptor model named Snickers, hes her #1) I'm trying to think of what pets I'd want with this character and I'd appreciate a bit of a random roll for this one to test some new guys out. I don't mind walking/traveling far to get something either.

woo this is my first time with this :D
It is great fun, even when you don't click with the pet.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It's nice seeing this thread get busy again. <3
I kind of wonder if it would be worth making a duplicate thread of this for GW2 pets, even though there's not many of them.

Anyway, onto rolls! :D

Akycha:
Purple Demon Dog

Meggers:
White Tallstrider

[/center]
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I honestly don't think it would work well with GW2 pets as you can have all of them with you all the time and swap them around on a whim. It works well with wow pets as we have soooo many and can't have them ALL with us all the time. XD

I'm off to bed but I'll get on this tomorrow! I look forward to it. c:
ImageImage
Javelin
Realm: Ragnaros

Unread post by Javelin »

It's been a long time since i tried it but i decided i gonna give it another shot.
Name: Cobrana
Exotics: No
Restrictions: No
Ruby
Realm: Sisters Of Elune

Unread post by Ruby »

I know I could use a change of pace from my normal pick of pets and this sounds really fun ^_^

Name:Ruby
Level:85
Exotics:Yes
Restrictions: Monkeys/Spiders and corehounds.. I've gone through a few and we never manage to click.

Rares I already have : Skarr,Skoll,Loq,Terrorpane,Sambas,Karoma,Maddex x2, Kirix