Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by Finduilas »

*stomps into thread pantin* Stupid, stupid work... I still don't have time for my report about the fox yet. Hopefully I'll get it done on Saturday.... It's all so new and I'm not used to working all day from 9am to 6 pm.....

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

Finduilas wrote:*stomps into thread pantin* Stupid, stupid work... I still don't have time for my report about the fox yet. Hopefully I'll get it done on Saturday.... It's all so new and I'm not used to working all day from 9am to 6 pm.....
It is all good. It took me over a year to put my report on Tallis up. So, you are doing better than me. :D
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

So I had the white tallstrider for mine!

Admittedly I've never been a big tallstrider person, their stiff tailbuttfeathers thing looks so odd to me when the tail wiggles and they are so noisy! Every five seconds is a REEARRRORORORRRRRR of the angry angry bird attacking. XD

Was easy enough to find one, nothing special about the tame. I was still a bit dubious at this point in taming one.

I kinda wandered around barrens for a bit and did some skinning while waiting for a dungeon queue to pop, eventually...one did! It was one of the new scarlet monestaries and holy crap was the pally tank a little chicken! He would basically sit and sketch each mob before grabbing it or something I swear....and without growl on Furious (my angry white bird) kept pulling off of him....we ended up kicking the tank at one point and I swapped Furious to tank and he did most of the instance till we got another one. Was sortof funny.

I'm still unsure about keeping this guy because the angry constant REEORRRRR is annoying but I'll be re-taming him in the future to slap in my stables and give it another go, mainly because I ended up hating it much less than I thought I would. (I ended up abandoning him to tame a new perma friend Steve, a Hyena from Descolace that is very derpy http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18960 )

All in all, not a bad first go! Sortof sucks having limited pet space (as in having them with me, only 2 slots so far) but was fun despite the random lag attacks, bad tanks and server restarts!

-slams fist on the table- Another!

Name: Meggers
Level: 38 (yay for leveling)
Exotics: Can't
Restrictions: No monkeys/apes(dislike them), cats, wolves...trying to step out of a comfort zone and get a new friend.
Rares I Have: None, this toon is too low.
ImageImage
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Meggers wrote:I honestly don't think it would work well with GW2 pets as you can have all of them with you all the time and swap them around on a whim. It works well with wow pets as we have soooo many and can't have them ALL with us all the time. XD
Good point. :)

Javelin(Cobrana):
Tan Bat

Ruby:
Orange Boss Wasp

Meggers:
Brown Condor

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Apparently my rolls has a thing for birds.
ImageImage
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sometimes the roll system is weird like that. There's a few families I call "starter families" because it's what the system always rolls for newcomers (or people returning from long breaks). :P Guess the system really wants you to bond to a bird.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ruby
Realm: Sisters Of Elune

Unread post by Ruby »

So my pet challenge tame was Image

I decided that the Sapphire Hive Queen was more in reach than the AQ Boss

I logged on and swiftly hoping onto my Dark Phoenix, made my way to the tower in which the zeppelin for the Borean Tundra would arrive. I ended up missing the zeppelin twice due to Tsura ( My proto drake whelping) not wanting to get on. After some time and a long drawn out conversation over the safety of the zeppelins, we finally caught it. I was anxious with excitement and had heard about the queen a long time ago from my adventures in the tundra but, never thought of her as a possible companion. Queens are kinda snooty and high maintenance and well.. I'm not one of those kind of girls but, I figured it was worth a shot! So, a long flight there and before we knew it, Tsura and I were back on my phoenix heading to Sholazar Basin. It took a couple stops along the way but, we made it and found the location of the queen. The drones outside the nest were busy and inside it was just as busy, we made our way down the tunnel and stopped just outside the main room where she was rumored to stay. Tsura and I watched her for a few minutes, the drones coming and going from her room, I imagined that she was barking off orders, a hive like this can't be easy to run, I mused to myself. Tsura seemed scared so of the queen, so I allowed her to head back outside and wait for me.

I continued to watch the drones, and timed it perfectly so that, the queen's disappearance wouldn't cause the hive to go in chaotic mode. I took several deep breaths before attempting to tame this queen.

She was a lot bigger than I had thought.. and she didn't seem very happy about this.. some careful coaxing and promises of a new life though managed to do the trick! And she agreed to accompany me! we quickly made our way back out the hive and just outside Tsura was waiting for us, though she sniffed at our new friend before a loud snort came from her lips. Holding her tightly in my arms, we hearthed back to Orgrimmar.
The Sapphire Hive queen was given the name Solstice cause I think it's a very pretty and fitting name. I love her coloration. She's one of the prettiest wasp I've seen in game :)

I then decided it was time to take her out and see what kind of damage she could put out, dps was reasonable enough. I was content with it ^_^
Solstice seemed very proud after her first kill! To celebrate and clean out the sand out of a few spots we decided to take a dip.
Swim animation was cute, better than what I expected.

Overall Solstice is very pretty for a bug type, though I ended up turning up the volume so I could hear her better and was immediately turned off by the constant buzzing from her wings.. almost reminded me of having a hummingbird hangout by your ear all the time. The animations were cute, though to think of it, it seemed like she was constantly cleaning herself? or should I say making herself pretty constantly which ended up rather disappointing and meh after bit ( she would turn her head to the left then right and it was kinda creepy after a while )..Overall though, She really is very pretty pet and if you can get over the constant beautifying, and don't turn the volume up she could work out for you, Though, after a couple hours we just didn't seem to hit it off like I had hoped. Tsura and I plan on returning to the basin, so that she may return back to her hive and continue to rule over them as queen.

And if at all possible, I would say I'm definitely ready to give this another shot!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If you guys could please, whenever you want a new roll, please fill out the entire request format (and if you're new here check out the guidelines on the front page). It makes it a lot easier when I'm going to give new rolls not to have to backtrack through a bunch of old posts to try and find someone's original roll request, especially since people's preferences and whatnot will sometimes change after being assigned a certain pet. :)

[/center]
Ruby
Realm: Sisters Of Elune

Unread post by Ruby »

My apologies Tyger, I guess I was a bit too excited :)

Name:Ruby
Level:85
Exotics:Yes
Restrictions:Monkeys/Spiders and corehounds
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No worries. :)

Ruby:
Purple Hyena

[/center]
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

I think I'm going to wait till she hits 45 for the extra on-hand petslot. Don't want to go around without my two boys. :)
ImageImage
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I've been playing around with my little hunter alt lately. Last night I went on a wild taming spree, and was reminded of the Random Pet Challenge. I had a lot of fun doing it on Kalhoun, so I might as well try it on my little guy!

Name:Kaeshen
Level:32
Exotics:Not yet!
Restrictions:None!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kalhoun(Kaeshen):
Blue Raptor

[/center]
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

It's been a long time since I've done this. What the hey? It could be fun! I used to love doing them. :D

Name: Kurasu
Level:85
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: None
Come see Kurasu's stables!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kurasu:
White Scorpid

[/center]
Raziella
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Unread post by Raziella »

Name: Letaa
Level: 17, but levelling is fast, anything up to level 25.
Exotics: Can't!
Restrictions: Preferably, no nightsaber, no bat and no boar. Recently did a theme with those and would like something different. :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Name :Tårnfalk
lvl: 85
Exotics : Yes
Restrictions : No rare

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I was assigned the blue raptor!

Upon looking my assignment up, I noticed that Tethis, the quest mob raptor in Stranglethorn has this skin. So I decided that would be my tame. And boy, was this more of an adventure than I expected!

For example... I completely forgot about Fort Livingston, and that I was on a Hordey.

DOH!

It took much longer than I anticipated to find Tethis. At first I went behind the Arena to look for him, because that's where I remember him being. But nope, just kitties were prowling around over there. I ran around and around that whole area, tracking beasts and not having any luck. I was about to give up, when I finally saw his dot on my radar.

There you are! FINALLY!

Where's his buddies? Didn't he used to have two little purple raptors walking around with him?

Anyways, a quick tame later and he was mine. It was then time to give him a good look over.

Hmmm...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

HMMMMMMMM...

Haha, what a googley face. Despite my urge to name him Googley, I named him Scythe instead, because that's a cool raptor name and is much more IC for my little belf.

I love dinosaurs. They are a passion of mine, and I do paleo art as a job. But for some reason, I can never really click with the raptors in game. I love their huge feet, bright colors, and the way they move. I think they are one of the better looking older models. I love that they jump and attack with their kill claws. But I always had a problem with them wearing jewelry. Are they THAT intelligent? If so, why can I tame them? Maybe someone decorated them? I've tried to pretend my hunter decorated them, but the style seems more suited to a Troll or Tauren. Of all the raptor models, I've had more succeess bonding with the green ones, since they only look bandaged, and that's easier to pretend my Hunter(s) did.

Still, he is quite pretty (even if he does have raptor breath *cough cough*) - the pattern and colors on him are really nice looking. I never noticed the streak going down from his eye before.

I do love the way they look when they run.

We went out to the Plaguelands to start questing there, and immediately got attacked by three mobs at once. Scythe was a trooper, and though he died, the instant rez Ferocity pets get saved the day (love that rez).

There's that little hop I love so much...

We quested for a little while, but I eventually abandoned Scythe. I might go get him again, because I do love his color, but he just doesn't look like he belongs next to Kaeshen. I'm not really sure what my belf's color scheme is going to end up being, since I haven't decided on a mog outfit for him yet. I ran around the world afterwards, trying on different raptors, and the red ones looked ok with him (especially when he had on his Orgrimmar tabard). But even though Scythe was not a match, this Challenge did get me interested in running around with a raptor.

=================

I'd like to go again, please.

Name: Kalhoun (Kaeshen)
Lvl: Let's go with 40 since I can get there pretty fast.
Exotics: Not yet!
Restrictions: Raptors
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

It's been a while since I actually gave one of these a shot, and since I sincerely doubt I'll be getting MoP soon, I wouldn't mind something to do.

Name: Azunara (Solaira)
Level: 62 (Feel free to roll for a 63 though)
Exotics: Not quite yet.
Restrictions: In all honesty, I'll be willing to give pretty much anything you throw at me a shot. I will request no warp stalkers though, as I already have one I like and don't need a new warp stalker comrade.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Raziella(Letaa):
Pink Tallstrider

::OR::

Red Fox
((A certain fiery fox I know approves of this roll. xD))

Tårnfalk:
White Crab

Kalhoun(Kaeshen):
Purple Hyena

::OR::

Black Cat

Azunara (Solaira):
((I can't picture you with any warp stalker except Tirrae anymore anyway. xD))
Tan Bat

[/center]